sneak peak??

sunsh1ne

DIS Veteran
to everyone who is already married
do you get to see the reception room before your guests?
i just really want to take it all in before the guests go to touch and move things. i figure all this planning i would enjoy seeing the product. is this weird do they do it?

Yep we did! While the guests were still in the pre-reception our planner Diane brought us some food and drinks. her assistant bustled my dress. Then we were brought into the room (or maybe we were brought in the room first??not sure of the order) We got to look around and talk to the dj. Then Diane and dj Miles talked to us about the flow of the recption and what not.

thank you so much. that id so nice that they made sure you ate and had some time to talk alone!! thank you

That is nice that they do that. I would have never thought about that.

Thanks Sunshine for the idea!

Oh wow Mary that was cool :)

Sadly I didn't get a chance to and now I feel I missed out LOL , but our Pre-Reception Cocktail Hour was actually in Ariels where we were having the reception. Paul and I were having our photos done so we didn't go to our CH but our WP did bring us out champagne and appetizers and we hung out in Martha's Vineyard with some of the Disney Wedding Team who were working our wedding and Stan, Bonnie and Randy it was fun.

Oh but the good news was that Randy did get some shots of the room and tables!

But yeah that would be great to be able to see the room before everyone else.

We got a sneak peak at our reception at AA....our planner walked us from Italy over before the guests....and into our room....it was so wonderful just DH and I in there....got our first look at our tables, the cake, and also got introduced to our banquet staff....the chief we met during our food tasting also came out and welcomed us....

It was so special to see it all come together

it does depend on your location. most they probably do. But at the LS we couldn't. the pre-reception room is connected to the reception room.

your welcome lynn. i really think it woukd be a nice thing for us to be able to do!

it does depend on your location. most they probably do. But at the LS we couldn't. the pre-reception room is connected to the reception room.

We didn't really get a sneak peak either, our reception was at ADH and the pre-reception area overlooks the reception area. By the time we got to the ADH, a few people (mostly our parents and their friends) had staked their claim at their seats by dropping stuff off on their table ;) I believe that the ballroom locations generally allow the bride and groom a sneak peak.

We did not b/c of the way we had things timed at Epcot. We wanted a few pictures alone around the world. They did take me around once I got there and my guests were there. My friend Lisa had a different experience. She had her VR on the Whitehall Patio, and then the reception in the Whitehall room. She got to see it first and it was gorgeous!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter