Snake in Resort Room?

We just returned from 7 nights - 5 at Pop, 1 ASMovies and 1 at CBR - which is the one resort I was most worried about encountering a snake!
Thankfully, we saw NONE! But I was thrilled with the room they gave us at CBR - second floor facing the parking lot.
Kept checking the mulch everywhere we went, resorts/parks, like when we'd sit down on a ledge or something and there was a garden behind us. I DID get really nervous when my son at CBR decided to chase a bird into some bushes!

But no snakes. Though, I did have a duck fly into the back of my head while visiting the Poly (and I screamed as if I had seen a snake, LOL!) While sitting at outdoor tables at CBR and at Pop we had bunnies and ducks join us under the table (one duck who decided that was an appropriate spot to take a poop), but thankfully NOOOOO snakes - this trip at least! Now to worry about encountering any in November!

Just a little FYI for all, no snakes are "poisonous" If you eat them, you will not die from the poison in their bodies. SO the term is incorrect.

Many many snakes are "venomous" as they inject venom into their victims when they bite.

Just had to make that distinction. It's the environmentalist in me. Go educate someone today ;)

Just so I'm clear, I DO NOT want to eat one, nor do I want them to eat me!!!!! :scared1:

But more importantly, I do NOT want one in my room :scared1:, my bed :scared1::scared1: or anywhere near me!!! I have an extreme phobia to them, and I've seen many of them. I've had them in my yard, and I've thrown up right after I've seen it!!! We are staying at CBR in Aug. and we usually just take whatever room they give us, and I was thinking of asking for a 2nd floor room after I read this thread, and DH says to me "What are you thinking, do you think that they can't climb up to the 2nd floor?" Well, OMG!! Yes!!! I was thinking I was safe on the 2nd floor, I suppose in reality they slither up to the 2nd floor too!!! There is no hope for me!

Oh, and I'm cursed by them too, now they'll cross my path every where I go while I'm there, now since I have talked about it!!!:scared1::scared1:

You know what?!?!? I have never heard such a thing!!! Boy i pray my room has no such thing, yuck!!

We had a snake in our bathroom POR. We thought it must have come into our room with the housekeepers. My girlfriend found it and was not happy. We called the front desk and they sent two CM over and they picked it up and put it in the woods. We request second floor or higher from now on.

This is too funny.:rotfl2: Kinda like a car crash you don't want to watch but you have to... :eek: I think anything bigger than a earthworm (the Normal small fishing size) is a big snake!!! :scared1: I think I will request a 2nd or 3rd floor room when we go in Sept. We stayed at POR and thank gosh never saw one. Here to hoping my luck never changes.

This made me laugh so much!!! Anything bigger than an earthworm!!:rotfl::rotfl: Thank you so much for the laugh.

I saw one @ Pop. In September. About 2 ft black, slithering toward the bushes. But, honestly. I am not really terrified of snakes per se. But, poisonous ones yes.

However, I do not even know, what I would do, if I pulled the covers back to my bed and saw a snake. I just cannot wrap my head around that thought.

We had a snake in our bathroom POR. We thought it must have come into our room with the housekeepers. My girlfriend found it and was not happy. We called the front desk and they sent two CM over and they picked it up and put it in the woods. We request second floor or higher from now on.

OK once again this is me :faint:

Why oh why did I read THIS thread?? :sad2:My DH is terrified of snakes and while I do not mind them from a distance, I do not want to encounter one close up! I will have the willies all day now. At least I have several months to forget about this,I never thought I would be so happy our trip is several months off!!!!!:lmao:

I have 12 days until I am there.. I have to admit I wrote to the GF concierge about my concerns of finding a snake in the room... I'm sure they think I'm crazy but still for my own sanity I had to ask..... of course they told me it is nothing I should be concerned about.. Ummm hello yes it is it obviously happens otherwise this thread would not exist !!!!!!:eek:

I have 12 days until I am there.. I have to admit I wrote to the GF concierge about my concerns of finding a snake in the room... I'm sure they think I'm crazy but still for my own sanity I had to ask..... of course they told me it is nothing I should be concerned about.. Ummm hello yes it is it obviously happens otherwise this thread would not exist !!!!!!:eek:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I've seen a snake once in WDW, the Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf, doing the Gardens course.

I was about to take my shot and i saw from the corner of my eye this snake, black about 4ft long slither across the green into the trees.

It threw me off my game, I was leading and ended up coming last. :sad2:

How soon can you make your room requests? With this continued Snake talk I am calling as soon as I can and requesting an upper floor room, even though I am terrified of heights and have very irrational fears about my children by railings of anything over 1 story. I will deal with the heights. Plus I figure if a snake wants to make the effort and climb more than one floor and get into my room and make its home.. I will take the cue and sleep in the van in the middle of the parking lot so I can see the snakes coming over the concrete.

We just returned from CSR and saw 3 snakes on 3 separate occasions. The first was at the bottom of the stairs when we came out of our room and headed down the steps. He was more afraid of us than we were of him. He was thin and about 2 feet long. The second snake was crossing the bridge going towards El Centro.... he was bigger and a black snake typical of the area. He made a quick escape over the bridge and was gone. Then my 14 year old was looing for a lizard and reached in to pick up what I thought was a little lizard and out he comes with a snake...... again, small, thin Garter snake. He was docile and just let us take a picture or 2 before my son let him go on his way.

A couple years ago, there was a very large black snake outside of our first floor POR room that my husband and oldest son still talk about.

Ugh, why do I keep reading this?
So are there any resorts that are best bets to NOT see a snake? Next trip will be Pop, Movies & POFQ us!

There are usually several threads starting this time of year about snake sitings. In the 8 trips I hav emade art various times of year, I have NEVER seen a snake, except in the exhibit at AK. There is or was a Python that a local woman found in her yard and AK had it on display, don't know if it is still there. It was one of the many that eople buy as pets and don't realize how large they get, so they dump them and there is a huge popultion new the Everglades, they are now in competition with the gators and I don't mean the FL Gators either.

Many people have reported seeing them in the lazy river areas of the 2 water parks, might just have to reconsider going there.

I too saw the pictures of the one at CR. I will go look for the thread. Here is a link to her blog, about 3/4 of the way down the page are the pictures, you can't see it really well, but you know it is there.

http://jennkey.blogspot.com/search?...-max=2009-01-01T00:00:00-05:00&max-results=43

Suzanne

For those of you who didn't see it in the blog here are the pics from the Contemporary:

Cast member trying to get at the snake:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_pxwzjfRfC7E/SPVKk-yI7QI/AAAAAAAAA9g/qj6Himj0gSo/s1600-h/IMG_3933.JPG

Snake on top of the window curtain:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pxwzjfRfC7E/SPVKenYA4eI/AAAAAAAAA9Y/SJ5Sd4tgDMw/s1600-h/IMG_3931.JPG

I don't mind the little critters outside... but this would definitely freak me out if I found it in my room! :scared1:

Never have been worried about snakes, but my DW and DD's would pass out if we had one in our room. Going to the world in June for the 4th time and will be staying at CBR, will definitely keep an eye out! Most interesting animal I've seen at a Disney resort was in 07 when we stayed at POR. On the last day of the trip, we left our room early in the morning to walk to Riverside Mill when DW stopped and told me to look at what she first thought was a large cat walking along the path. When I glanced up at it, it didn’t look like a domestic cat, it looked like either a Bob Cat or Lynx, not sure which they have in FL. It was walking around like it owned the place. I followed it to take pictures, and it nonchalantly walked into the foliage. Maybe Disney brought it in to eat all the snakes!

Ugh, why do I keep reading this?
So are there any resorts that are best bets to NOT see a snake? Next trip will be Pop, Movies & POFQ us!

I am like you, I can't stop reading this thread! The bad thing is I am deathly afraid of snakes. So bad I can't even watch them on TV, they give me the hebegebes :eek:...its something to do with them not having any legs but yet can still kill me. :scared: Poisonous or not I am not hanging around to find out!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter