snacks

jakesmom_01

Mouseketeer
Cruising Dream in August and just wondering what kind of snacks are on board? Have a 12yr old and 3yr old.

I have not been on a cruise in a couple of years, but I may be able to help.

By the pools... There is ice cream all day....pizza, burgers, hot dogs, fries etc.

Of course, cookies, desserts of all kinds on the buffet.

Mickey Bars..room service and I believe elsewhere.

Snacks like popcorn, chips and candy....really not ....which I mean complimentary. They do have a snack stand outside the theatre and movie theatre. They sell snacks in the store.

I usually buy a little bit of Disney candy for my boys once on board, but between their regular meals and the ice cream and pizza, they are usually pretty good.

We are going this summer....so I may pay a little closer attention.;)

they have bags of potato chips at the quick service burger place as well as the pizza place. they have cookies there as well, all i saw were chocolate chip but they may serve other kinds at different times.
also they had soft pretzels which were quite good.

your making me hungry ::yes::

The only time I have seen bag of chips I say cookies BBQ n castaway. No longer at burger station.

The only time I have seen bag of chips I say cookies BBQ n castaway. No longer at burger station.

well, they were there in october and november. we snagged a couple bags ever time we went by. i have seen them there on ever cruise we have taken on the fantasy. i have never sailed the dream but i would think they would be there to.
they do have them at cookies bbq as well.

Do they have healthy snack options on board for kids or just cookies/chips? Do they have fruit and cheese type snacks readily available? Also, at the drink stations is it just soda/sugary drinks or do they have milk and juice? I don't mind my kids having some junk food but not nonstop for days.

Do they have healthy snack options on board for kids or just cookies/chips? Do they have fruit and cheese type snacks readily available? Also, at the drink stations is it just soda/sugary drinks or do they have milk and juice? I don't mind my kids having some junk food but not nonstop for days.

yes, at one of the quick service stations they have wraps and sliced fruit. lots and lots of fruit. as for veggies and cheese, i think you will only find them at the buffets but you could always fill a plate and put it in the fridge in your room to have available at all times. also you could try cove cafe which often have cheese trays. kids can't go in there but you could get it and take it to them.
as for the drink station its pretty much all pop, tea, coffee, hot chocolate, i think. not sure but they may have milk in cartons at the buffets. you could scoop up a few of those and put them in your fridge as well. juice is available from a dispenser in the buffets but when they are closed you have no access to it. again though, take cups from the drink station with lids, fill them and put them in your fridge.

We go "shopping" at Cabana's after we have breakfast and drop stuff off to our stateroom fridge. They have fruit, yogurt, milk there, etc.

We go "shopping" at Cabana's after we have breakfast and drop stuff off to our stateroom fridge. They have fruit, yogurt, milk there, etc.

we like to do this as well, makes grabbing a snack handy.

where are you from in ontario?

There is a milk dispenser at the drink station. I think juice is only available at the drink stations inside Cabanas/Beach Blanket during breakfast hours.
One of the quick service places has whole fruit, cut fruit, wraps, sandwiches and salads. On the Dream/Fantasy it's called Fillmore's Favorites. Magic - Daisy's De-Lites and Wonder - Goofy's Galley.
20110131_1294.jpg

picture by Timon

There is also a cheese plate you can order from room service. Free but tipping is appropriate.

Last time I ordered it came with a few kinds of cheese, crackers and grapes.

Do they still serve fresh baked soft pretzels at the pool-side pizza place? We loved those on the Fantasy last summer.

Yea we were on the Fantasy in January and they had the warm salted pretzels with melted butter or cinnamon sugar to put on. They also has stuffed pretzels with cream cheese those were my favourite I think I ate about a dozen on our 7 day cruise lol wish I could buy them somewhere here in Saskatoon.

I'm glad to see this is widely done! We usually grab a few milks, some fruit - etc to have in the cooler. Sometimes we grab a few cereal containers to have as a late night snack. I always wondered if we were breaking any rules. Mind you, we don't leave the ship with any of it.

Room service will provide the cheese plate as has been mentioned, but they also have a fresh fruit plate as well.

But if you want fruit and cheese in your room at all times, best to get it from Cabana's and just leave it in your fridge. You can also take your own cup to the beverage station and get as much juice as you like.

I don't remember, do they have whole fruit at cabana's too? Apples, bananas and oranges?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter