Snacks on Fantasy throughout day

taylorpn

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what kind and where we can find snacks throughout the day. Our daughter has blood sugar issues, when she is hungry she is a little irrational. We typically have to eat at specific times or the wheels fall off pretty quick.

Thanks!

Flo's Cafe is on Deck 11 between the kids/family pools and Cabanas (the buffet restaurant). They serve pizza, sandwiches, wraps, fresh fruit, burgers and chicken tenders and are open 11am-7pm.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/flos-cafe/

Cabanas the buffet restaurant isn't open continuously but they do have long hours at breakfast and lunch. They close for about an hour between meals to clean and do the switch over for the next meal. For dinner they become a sit down restaurant. You can always grab something from Cabanas to keep in your stateroom too.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/cabanas/

Great thanks. Those are great ideas. We are just trying to avoid meltdowns. Im sure there will be enough crying four year olds, we don't need to add our to the mix.

Thanks again!!

Flo's Cafe is on Deck 11 between the kids/family pools and Cabanas (the buffet restaurant). They serve pizza, sandwiches, wraps, fresh fruit, burgers and chicken tenders and are open 11am-7pm.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/flos-cafe/

Cabanas the buffet restaurant isn't open continuously but they do have long hours at breakfast and lunch. They close for about an hour between meals to clean and do the switch over for the next meal. For dinner they become a sit down restaurant. You can always grab something from Cabanas to keep in your stateroom too.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/fantasy/dining/cabanas/

Plus, there's always room service. Just remember to tip!

Or, grab some fruit, cereal, chips etc from the buffet or Flo's to keep in your room or with you throughout the day.

I've been researching Fantasy stuff for our upcoming trip & what I've read seems like the staff is very very accommodating if you just ask too

I've been researching Fantasy stuff for our upcoming trip & what I've read seems like the staff is very very accommodating if you just ask too
Room service is open 24 hours a day (except for the last night), but the quick service counters by the pool do close down occasionally. The hours are always posted in the Navigator.

Be careful the day you board. The kids want to hit the pools and won't eat. You then have to go to the life boat drill at 4:00 and all food service is closed down. Be sure to grab a little something to keep with you.

At dinner in the main dining rooms you can request that your daughter's meal be brought out with your appetizer so she doesn't have to wait as long. Dinners can be an 1 1/2 hours long which can be an eternity for a four year old.

If you have main dining, they don't have the dine n play option but you can take your daughter to the kids clubs when she is finished.

Dine n play is when CMs from the kids clubs come and pick up kids from the dining rooms halfway through the meal but it's only offered during the second dinner seating.

Great thanks for all the awesome ideas. It sounds like we won't be short on options. I think on the first day we will eat when we board, then hit the pools. Thanks for the heads up.

Drink stations are always open as well. A quick soda fix may help. Our DD is a Type 1 diabetic so I can relate. We always keep snakes and glucose tabs handy at all times when traveling.

If you need to find out carb counts for any reason that is not so easy! I have even spoken with the Chefs on board about it. One thing Disney is not so great about. We have just adapted.

Drink stations are always open as well. A quick soda fix may help. Our DD is a Type 1 diabetic so I can relate. We always keep snakes and glucose tabs handy at all times when traveling.

If you need to find out carb counts for any reason that is not so easy! I have even spoken with the Chefs on board about it. One thing Disney is not so great about. We have just adapted.
I know that was a typo, but it still made me laugh. :rotfl2:

I believe the Cove Cafe has snacks available as well. The coffee costs extra, but not the food. :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter