Snacks in the room?

momnum1

Working My Way Down!!!
First thing first....I just found this board a couple of weeks ago and can't believe I'm not alone!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one in the world who could actually talk about US/ISO almost every day. My dad and I took my 2 DDs last summer, and it was the best. I decided to take some of the rest of my family (DH, 3 inlaws) down over Thanksgiving.

Anyway....will it be possible to take a cooler and some snacks into our room at the RPR? The only thing I saw last year was a tiny refrigerator and I was kind of afraid to take anything out of it. Any advice? We just LOVE our snacks at night!!

Also, my 16 yr. old niece is coming, who visited WDW last yr., and who is still a little scared of the big rides....do you think she'll like US/ISO as much as WDW? I haven't been to WDW in 20 yrs. so I don't know how they compare.

plenty of people have taked coolers for their snacks so go ahead
your neice should love USO and I am sure she will like spiderman
:jester:

We went in July and rolled in a large cooler filled with water, drinks and snacks.

We found a mini-mart and a pharmacy near the water park and stocked up there.

Enjoy your stay:-)

Thanks!!!! I'm hooked....but my DH says it's because I don't go on vacation very much!!!

We always take our cooler and buy snacks. My kids don't seem to get hungry until we get back to our room at night.

Wherever we go, I have tham lock the minibar - I really do not need to pay $6 for a bottle of aquafina!

We always bring a cooler, and fill it for "personal" drinks; we also always bring our own snacks. I do this even though we are most of the time staying on 7th floor club level.;)

There is a Publixs within blocks from the front end of the park on Kirkman road, if you are staying at the HR or Portofino. They are fully stocked with anything you might need! :sunny:

For the RP, I would have to ask my sleeping husband - I do remember passing a KMart but do not know if it was one of the "supercenters" that carry groceries.

We find that with what we bring in, and the ammenities provided at club level, we generally do not have to go off site!! :hyper: :wave2:

Thanks for the info. I was kind of afraid they wouldn't LET me bring in our cooler. I'm already bringing in two big (2 1/2 gal) jugs of water. I know it's crazy, but I feel like I have to have my distilled water. We're not staying on the 7th floor, but I did see all the extras for that floor on RPR's website. Is it worth the extra $$. I feel like we would have done some things differently if I were not bringing my inlaws along, but everyone's budget had to be taken into consideration. I know we will be going again when my youngest DD is tall enough for Hulk and Dragons, so if it's worth the $$ we'll try it. Also, are the HRH and PB any better than RPR because I noticed they are slightly more expensive? Thanks for any input!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter