Snacking around Epcot

poohteacher

Mouseketeer
Last year, I took my two daughters (9 and 6 at the time) on a trip without DH since he had to work. One of the things we talk about most from that trip was the day we decided to share snacks from each country in Epcot instead of eating a traditional lunch. We had Fish and Chips in England, Crepes and Macaroons in France, sushi in Japan, a pretzel in Germany, a funnel cake in America, an almond pretzel in Norway and chips and guacamole in Mexico. We know we missed some of the countries and would like to hit them this time (especially since DH will be there with us this time to help us eat!)

What are your favorite snacks around the world? Have any of you gotten something in every country on the same day?

(and, yes, I'm dieting for the trip so thinking about what I'll get to eat while I'm there helps me stay on track :laughing:)

We ALWAYS stop at the bakery in France for a sweet treat. Everything we have ever had there is delicious. We find a nice spot outside to indulge. We look forward to it every trip!

I always grab a Werther's Caramel Chewy bar from Karamell Kuche in Germany to eat during Illuminations. So addictive!

We have done exactly the same thing, snack around the world for lunch, many times. Norway, I love the chocolate mouse (sugar free version for me, but the other one looks pretty yummy too lol), chicken tacos in Mexico, frankfurter in Germany (which is plenty big enough to cut up and share with 2, 3, maybe even 4 people), the hot pizza like sandwich in France (sorry, can't recall the name right at the moment), and I used to absolutely love the rectangular short breads that they offered as a desert with the fish and chips in England. Sadly, last year those were not there, hopefully it was a temporary situation.

Pot stickers at the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China. Get the duck sauce for dipping. And as an extra added bonus - get them right before Illuminations and enjoy during the show.

Last year, I took my two daughters (9 and 6 at the time) on a trip without DH since he had to work. One of the things we talk about most from that trip was the day we decided to share snacks from each country in Epcot instead of eating a traditional lunch. We had Fish and Chips in England, Crepes and Macaroons in France, sushi in Japan, a pretzel in Germany, a funnel cake in America, an almond pretzel in Norway and chips and guacamole in Mexico. We know we missed some of the countries and would like to hit them this time (especially since DH will be there with us this time to help us eat!)

What are your favorite snacks around the world? Have any of you gotten something in every country on the same day?

(and, yes, I'm dieting for the trip so thinking about what I'll get to eat while I'm there helps me stay on track :laughing:)

we go during food and wine and get a dining plan for our family of five. Thats 5 ppl x 1 snack credit x 7days= 35 snack credits to be used at F & W booths. Then we have at it. I think we have tried just about everything over the last few years. We always agree to share a bite and all commit to at least trying it. (even the escargot). Its a fun way to explore and a great way for the kids to enjoy F&W.

My favorite is the milk chocolate covered caramel with sea salt. I love those and usually get an extra to have when I get home. One year one of my friends wanted me to bring some back so I had a rubbermaid full on the trip home!

I love the School Bread in Norway... caramel popcorn in Germany and a pastry in France. Love the snacks in Epcot!

We have done exactly the same thing, snack around the world for lunch, many times. Norway, I love the chocolate mouse (sugar free version for me, but the other one looks pretty yummy too lol), chicken tacos in Mexico, frankfurter in Germany (which is plenty big enough to cut up and share with 2, 3, maybe even 4 people), the hot pizza like sandwich in France (sorry, can't recall the name right at the moment), and I used to absolutely love the rectangular short breads that they offered as a desert with the fish and chips in England. Sadly, last year those were not there, hopefully it was a temporary situation.

OH I had no idea that Norway had chocolate mousse. :thumbsup2 I always get the one in France.
We have a trip in 4 days.. will definitely try the Norway one. :)

I planned a World Showcase round-trip with snacks, drinks, and hat photo-ops in each country for my DH's birthday two years ago.

Our list:

Mexico
Churros
Sombreros
(and, of course, we kicked off the party with the tequila flights at Tequila de Cava)

Norway
School Bread and the Viking Hat Chocolate Mousse
Viking hats, natch
And the Viking coffee paired very nicely with the treats

China
We struck out on both the tea cart and the sweets here. Just a hat picture

Germany
Karamell-Küche store -- go crazy
Beer flights
Beer Mug hats, and hats that, sadly, disappeared the following year. I'm looking at you, giant chicken wearing lederhosen and holding a beer.

Italy
Tutto Gusto's Canoli
with wine
but a real dearth of hat opportunities

America
Funnel Cake (eaten at another time, we skipped it on this round)
Skipped the Bud Light offerings
Tri-cornered, coonskin, and cowboy hat photo

Japan
Pick the funkiest candy you spot
Saki
and, sadly, hatless in Japan

Morocco
Baclava
Sultan's Slushie
An appalling lack of Fez to wear (although corrected on a later trip. Must've been between Fez vendors)

France
Anything at the bakery is awesome, I went with the chocolate tart
Grey Goose Slushie
Beret and Ratatouille Hat Photo op

United Kingdom
We stopped in at the Rose and Crown for Guinness and bread pudding
Again, hats were a dissapointment. No Bobbie hats to be found. We settled on Peter Pan.

Canada
(Bemoan the missing Beaver Tail.)
Settle for some maple candy
Skip the drinks -- the Rose and Crown finished us off
Plenty of Mounty and Moose hats for a crew to enjoy 11 countries in!

(Nothing to note in the African Outpost, which, really, is true across the board.)

That day's trip report with tons of photos, since it was also the Flower and Garden Festival.

IMG_0267.JPG

Chicken Hats in action

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter