Snack or beverage charges at Edge or Vibe?

DISNEYFAN3260

"My other car is a monorail"
Can someone tell me whether drinks and snacks are included in your cruise fare at these clubs? My teen son insists he read that smoothies, etc are free so he and his teen sister should be trusted with KTTW charging privileges because they won't overspend. ;) Would love to confirm this. Thanks!

The smoothies are free during the smoothie hour that they have every day. But from what I can remember they cost money outside of that specified hour.

I don't know that they sell anything in the clubs. If they serve food, it is free. If the kids run down to the decks and get pizza or fries, it's free. If they run to the movie theater, they pay, even if they are with the Clubs. If they go to the arcade outside of club hours, it is not free.

Your son's argument doesn't hold water. If the snacks in the clubs are free, he doesn't NEED charging privileges!

You have to know your own kids. My kids never charged anything without asking me first, so giving them charging privileges was not a big deal. They would never buy anything online without asking me or charge ring tones or itunes without asking either (or using their own money).

Nancy

I think the smoothies are only in the Vibe, though. I don't remember my son saying anything about them in the Edge. I think he would have spent a lot more time there if they had them.

I don't know that they sell anything in the clubs. If they serve food, it is free. If the kids run down to the decks and get pizza or fries, it's free. If they run to the movie theater, they pay, even if they are with the Clubs. If they go to the arcade outside of club hours, it is not free.

Your son's argument doesn't hold water. If the snacks in the clubs are free, he doesn't NEED charging privileges!

You have to know your own kids. My kids never charged anything without asking me first, so giving them charging privileges was not a big deal. They would never buy anything online without asking me or charge ring tones or itunes without asking either (or using their own money).

Nancy

I'm confident my kids wouldn't charge anything without asking first if we told them that was the rule, but I couldn't agree more that his argument is backwards! ;) I would just prefer to know in advance about what costs may be associated with the clubs so we can set the rules for any charging there ahead of time. Makes it easier on all of us. I'm sure we will give them charging privileges regardless. Thank you for the info!

I think the smoothies are only in the Vibe, though. I don't remember my son saying anything about them in the Edge. I think he would have spent a lot more time there if they had them.

There were times when the Edge was in the Vibe area and had smoothies available for free. Most of these times on our cruise were close to or during early dinner seating.

The last two Fantasy cruises (last week's Eastern and then Western the week before) the Edge invaded the Vibe at 3pm on CC day. During that time smoothies were available for free.

Those were the only invasion times :)

There were some food available for free during specific activities in the Edge (pizza party, everyone can cook sessions, etc) but there was never anything to actually purchase. Our daughter had no charging privs and did just fine.

Jim

Can someone tell me whether drinks and snacks are included in your cruise fare at these clubs? My teen son insists he read that smoothies, etc are free so he and his teen sister should be trusted with KTTW charging privileges because they won't overspend. ;) Would love to confirm this. Thanks!

My daughter said on one night during her MR cruise a counsellor made them chocolate chip cookie milkshakes! (Free, of course)

In Vibe, usually between the dinner settings or later they have a smoothie hour each night, although it seemed like if you wanted to be on time for the second seating you couldn't make it to smoothie hour. Smoothie hour has been and always is free. They also have a soda fountain in vibe that one of the counselors can use for the teens, but they request that you keep your drink in the bar area so you don't spill it. As for both Vibe and Edge, you can bring food back to the clubs. But with how far away Vibe is from the food we would always just eat up on deck by Flo's cafe and then grab an ice cream cone for the trek back to deck 4. And on the 7 nights anyways in Vibe, every other night was an 'anyone can cook' thing, but the only one I did was pizza.

The last two Fantasy cruises (last week's Eastern and then Western the week before) the Edge invaded the Vibe at 3pm on CC day. During that time smoothies were available for free.

Those were the only invasion times :)
Jim

We must have missed that on our cruise. I had read about it here and my son really wanted to be able to check out Vibe. Our CC day was cut short though, so maybe they didn't have it that day. Oh well, something for him to look forward to next time.

Regarding the arcade, typically each of the clubs has a scheduled hour at least once per cruise where they 'invade the arcade'. During this hour, all games on the arcade are free.

Definitely no need for charging privileges to be on the clubs...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter