Snack must haves? Or alltime faves?

Our family's favorites (we had 108 snack credits on our summer 2011 trip and we made good use of them! :lmao:) :

- Mickey bars (I even got dh a shirt that says "I <3 Micey bars" ;))

- Cinnamon and sugar pretzels (only in Epcot, by the Imagination Pavilion, and in DTD at Wetzel Pretzels)

- Churros

- Funnel cakes (every park has a stand, we know where they are! :rotfl2:)

- Kaki gori

- School bread (Norway)

- Popcorn

Can't wait to be back :banana:

tenaseewalker said:
Can somebody tell me the difference between a Dole Whip and a Citrus Swirl? I get a Dole Whip every trip and for some reason I have never heard of a Citrus Swirl.

I just had a citrus swirl for the first time on my last trip and it was soooo good! I actually liked it better than a dole whip ( and I love dole whips!). The citrus swirl is the same concept except with an orange flavor, taste is similar to a creamsicle - you can get them in adventure land at the little place next to the tiki room, behind magic carpets

So no one has mentioned the pork shank at Gaston's Tavern. We don't eat a lot of sugar so I'm a little fascinated by it.

Has anyone tried it that wants to share some experience?

Love this thread! I am finally trying a Dole Whip this next trip. I've been going for years and I'm sad to say, I haven't tried one yet.

I love the funnel cakes from Sleepy Hollow!

Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels:)

Milk or dark chocolate salted caramel from Karmel Kuche in Germany at Epcot:)

I always have to get a Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel and a frozen banana!

Our family just found the candy shop in Germany on our last trip and now that will be a must in the future!! :)

My family loves getting a pastry in the France bakery and a funnel cake in America. I go for the savory and get a hot ham and cheese croissant!

Not in WDW, but when we went to DL/DCA for the first time last April, they had the BEST corn dogs!! I haven't seen them in WDW. :confused3

Rice krispie Mickey treats (with little Mickey sprinkles!) from Big Top Souvenirs, Mickey ice cream bars, the carrot cake cookie from Writers Stop, Dole Whip Swirls!

Another vote for Sleepy Hollow - we tried the funnel cakes & waffles & especially loved the fresh fruit/nutella waffle. Next time we plan on trying their lunch menu for waffle sandwiches too.

We do cinnamon rolls on Main St on our 1st MK day for breakfast & love them, but I don't think there's anything specific or special about them... it's more that we don't normally eat pastries for breakfast so it's a nice treat to get a fast sugar buzz on vacation.

I wanted to try the Sleepy Hollow waffle sandwiches on our recent trip, but we never made it! - hopefully next time.;)

They now sell the cinnamon rolls at Gaston's. DS has one this last trip and it was quite tasty!! (I had a bite). The icing was a little maple-tasting. I thought the Main Street Bakery is closing. :confused3

In Japan, EPCOT, the shaved iced! At (I think) called Kabuki Cafe tucked in the corner of the pavilion. This treat comes in 3 flavors or rainbow mixed, Strawberry, Melon, and Cherry! I crave the melon flavor, it's like a cold juicy HoneyDew Melon! Super unique and really refreshing! !!!!!!
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes! I had my first Kaki Gori on my recent trip (it is at Kabuki Cafe, but it's right out on the promenade, you walk right past it). They had strawberry, cherry, melon, tangerine or rainbow; I had rainbow, which was strawberry/melon/tangerine, and it was really good!

My biggest must have snack is still the Mickey Ice Cream Bar. I would also put in a plug for the milk chocolate covered caramel with sea salt at Karamel Kuche, and the sweet pretzel with almonds at Kringla in Norway.

I was going to try the famous Carrot Cake Cookie at DHS this trip but didn't know where Writer's Stop was (and it's not on the park map!).

off topic -kinda-FYI This might entice some of you to hop on the boat- Mickey Bars are UNLIMITED and can be delivered to your cabin at any hour of the day on a disney cruise! Just sayin! 2 years agoI may have had one..or two.... at midnight...one or more days :)

Now I am a vegan and I am excited to hear that Dole Whips are vegan, and so is the popcorn! ...my first trip to MK next week ...ready to snack!

Huge Citrus Swirl fan!! And love the mango-blueberry margarita on the rocks from La Hacienda and La Cava (haven't been to San Angel yet).

@Blueberrypancake, If you get the chance, can you report back w/ what vegan foods you eat on your trip? I am vegan too :)

OK, now I'm renaming our trip next month the "Gain 100 pounds Around The World" trip... While I had only been looking forward to the Dole Whip Floats (my all time fave), now I have to try the ice cream cookie sandwich. And the cupcake in FLE. And a cinnamon roll. And...

When DS20 and I were there in Oct., we had a huge carrot cake cupcake in HS in that backlot studios counter service place. It had cream cheese icing ... YUMMMM! (I thought I had a picture of it - if I find it later I'll add it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter