Snack credits.....

snowwhitesmom

DIS Veteran
...we always seem to have them left over! Can we used them for boxed, packaged treats to take home? TIA!

Yes :) We always go to Disney Springs to Goofy's Candy Co. before we leave. We get a lot of the customized rice crispy treats and the chocolate covered marshmallows. The apples can hold up for a day of travel in a carry on bag, but I wouldn't leave them un-refridgerated longer than that.

We use them for Trail Mix and the Goofy Packets of sweets such as the Mickey Heads.

...we always seem to have them left over! Can we used them for boxed, packaged treats to take home? TIA!
We've used them in past to bring home fudge, brownies & other sweets from the sweet shop at the Boardwalk. We've also brought home dessert items such as large cookies, brownies, & cupcakes from our resort food court.

I am asking this in all honesty, not to be snarky or anything, but how do you have leftover snack credits? I thought everyone on the plan got one snack credit a day. For us, this translates into frozen bananas in AK, dole whip at MK, Mickey bars at HS, and some kind of amazing sweet treat from the bakery in the Norway pavilion at Epcot. However, there are tons of other great snacks available at WDW. Even if we don't use the credits for treats (but we do!), we'd use them to buy something to take to the room for breakfast the next day- yogurt, fruit, muffin, etc. I'm always curious how people have multiple snack credits left over. Do you really not have one snack a day for everybody?

I can't speak for others, but, when we there last year on the dining plan in May, we were on the qs plan. None of my crew are big on desserts. So, using the meals with desserts, we were over it after 2 days of eating. We began getting fruit cups if available as our dessert choice to use for the next days breakfast. We only used about 6 out of 30 snack credits (family of 5 there for 6 nights) (I think it was just too much excitement, plus the heat that killed any appetite) We came home with lots of treats from goofy candy ( trail mix, gummies, rice krispie treats, marshmallows) and also from the karamel kuche!

Yes, you absolutely can! I usually stock up on Goofy Gummies (family sized package = 1 snack credit). We still have two bags left from November :) They make good souvenirs too for family and friends.

I am asking this in all honesty, not to be snarky or anything, but how do you have leftover snack credits? I thought everyone on the plan got one snack credit a day. For us, this translates into frozen bananas in AK, dole whip at MK, Mickey bars at HS, and some kind of amazing sweet treat from the bakery in the Norway pavilion at Epcot. However, there are tons of other great snacks available at WDW. Even if we don't use the credits for treats (but we do!), we'd use them to buy something to take to the room for breakfast the next day- yogurt, fruit, muffin, etc. I'm always curious how people have multiple snack credits left over. Do you really not have one snack a day for everybody?

We are a family of 5 and most of us love to eat but we ended up with an insane amount of snack credits left in Nov. I can't remember the number, but it included several left over qs credits that were converted to snack credits. We had the regular dining plan. I think it was due to a combo of things, me being sick for a few days, ate less in the heat, and the amount of food given at meals (we usually saved the desserts for a snack later.) Also my kids do not like to mix it up much for breakfast so they ate in the room (yogurt, cereal, things we brought) most days. We bought a ton of stuff on the last day with the credits though, and it all came home. :-)

Reading about the leftover credits has me rethinking adding the Dining Plan to our July trip. I'm afraid the heat is going to zap our appetites.

We always get Deluxe Dining and that comes with two credits a day. There are days where we don't use both credits and days that we will buy a snack that isn't on the list of snacks you can use credits for (like character apples, etc.). You can also convert unused quick service credits into 3 snack credits, so that is another way to end up with extras.

We love to bring rice krispie treats home! It extends the fun of our trip well after we get home. We also find they're great gifts for dog/house sitters, teachers, and such. Caramels apples in Germany are a great option too as are any items from Goofy's at DTD.

We love the DDP. On our February trip, we did find it a bit more difficult to manage as we were a party of 4 adults and a child. That said, for us, it's all about ensuring we have a good plan for all meals so we're not left with too many extras at the end!

Karamell-Küche. I love caramel :) the popcorn travels well as do some of the other treats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter