• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snack Credits - non-sweet options please?

Sorrel

Mouseketeer
Well, DH and I go on 26th Jan :banana: We have been many times before but this will be our first on the DDP. I have been reading through the things that can be gotten on as a snack credit....but am having trouble finding many things that AREN'T sweet! DH does not have a huge sweet tooth and is already puzzling (in a good way ;) ) as to how he will manage a dessert after every TS over 16 nights :rotfl: Personally I think this is a VERY good problem to have :woohoo:

However, DH will not be wanting to also trade his 16 snack credits for a sweet thing most of the time. So to save him having to trade them in for beverages (or buy me cupcakes or ice cream which would be bad for my waistline) could you guys please let me know which places you know that do non-sweet snack credits (other than potato chips)? For example, I think there was a ham and cheese croissant at France in EPCOT...any more please?

Thank you!:goodvibes

Skimming thru the snack credit list there seem to be quite a few options. Pretzels, fries, side of chili, coleslaw, yogurt (does he consider that sweet?,) egg rolls, pickles, fruit (applesauce/orange/apples/bananas/grapes,) corn, carrot/celery sticks, baked potato (?!), popcorn, uncrustables, salad, soup. Whew! All of that just in the Magic Kingdom.

What I might do is put a list on a note card of what's available and where, because I would say there's a 3:1 (or greater) ratio of sweets to non-sweets, and not everywhere has non-sweets. Also, whereas the sweet options tend to be widely available, lots of the snack options are available just one place. (Particularly the soup/salad/potato/chili, etc.)

Dang, now I want to go snack on some stuff. LOL!

HTH :)

Ha!!! Thanks Carrie!!! It may even be tempting me to go for a non sweet option! Just the once or twice mind you.....;)

Yes, I think I'll do what you suggest....hopefully I'll get some suggestions on here, then if I have some time I shall go through the thread and make a note of them....it's just that thread is so darn long :laughing:

I have a question from your list....what is an uncrustable???

one suggestion when ordering snacks for snack credit...make sure the purple dining plan symbol appears next to the item on the menu or or the shelf. There are items that seem like they should meet the criteria (like under $4.00, and a single-serve item) but they're not allowed as a snack credit.

And, it's not consistent from one place to another always. People have reported getting biscuits & gravy (menu price $3.50) at some resorts counter service using a snack credit...but last time my hubby tried at POFQ, he was told "no", it's not a snack, "it's a plated item." :confused3

There have been reports that the ham & cheese croissant at Boulangerie Patissierie is no longer available as a snack credit...only as a component of a counter service credit. So again, ask before ordering :thumbsup2

Ha!!! Thanks Carrie!!! It may even be tempting me to go for a non sweet option! Just the once or twice mind you.....;)

Yes, I think I'll do what you suggest....hopefully I'll get some suggestions on here, then if I have some time I shall go through the thread and make a note of them....it's just that thread is so darn long :laughing:

I have a question from your list....what is an uncrustable???

It is all updated on the first page. No need to go through the whole thread.

Uncrustable: The previously frozen Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches

The eggrolls at AK were delicious!!! First time we tried them this trip, we had the choice of veggie or shrimp!!! Well worth the snack credit!

It is all updated on the first page. No need to go through the whole thread.

This. :goodvibes

Please don't be intimidated by the length of the thread. It'll actually be quicker to just read it now rather than wait for replies to this thread. Jjohnson does a FANTASTIC job of keeping the first post of the thread up to date with the complete list and you'll have all your answers in about 2 minutes. You will also get a MUCH more comprehensive list by reading that thread rather than getting suggestions here over the next day or two.

One of my favorite snacks on my last trip was the cauliflower soup in Norway! Yumm!!!

Thank you all! I have had a look at the thread and you're right - an awesome job done on the first post! I have made a note of the places listed there as a starter, and will keep an eye open for others when we are actually there. At least there are a few places we can use, and the egg rolls DO sound delicious!

Once again, thank you everyone :thumbsup2

Now I know what an Uncrustable is it sounds yummy! Though it's name doesn't! :rotfl:

Two of our favorites that haven't been mentioned are Chicken Fried Rice from AK Yak & Yeti, and Gumbo at POFQ. Both are Snack credits. Get the gumbo w/o rice & you get a lot more gumbo. Then add some of the Y&Y rice, or, it's good w/o rice!

I copy/paste the snack list into Word, and then weed out the things I'm not interested in. (I know sodas, milk, coffee are a snack. I eliminate the resorts I won't be visiting, etc.) Then I take a look at items and change the font color of goodies I want to try, and old favorites.) I look it over on the plane, or at night I'll review what I might want to try the next day at whatever park I'm visiting.
That said, I like getting chicken fried rice and egg rolls at Yak n Yeti with snack credits. Pretzel and popcorn are old favorites. Liberty Square Market - corn on the cob, baked potato, chips. The different stores also sell some Chip and Dale snacks. (My favorite, the Samurai Mix, isn't made anymore. I was really sad that it went away.) There are the Mickey head cheese crackers (like Goldfish).
They are cheap, but I like the Polynesian chips at Capt Cooks (in the Poly). A plain croissant, side salad. The Refreshment stand near Canada has fried plantains (tostones).
The fruit stand in DHS - carrots & celery sticks with ranch dressing
You can get some small bags of nuts at Goofy's kitchen and other locations

There are those little Tiny Treats tubs of cheese bites at most of the gift shops. DD and I love them - I lost count of how many we went through :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter