• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Snack Credits for Breakfast

Frozen2014

DIS Veteran
Can anyone recommend places we can use snack credits for breakfast? I cannot see us all having a snack everyday so may as well use for breakfast. For breakfast, I'm thinking more heathier items (i.e. not a donut) such as bagel, yogurt or other heathly option that isn't as heavy as a full QS meal.

Suggestions at either:
  • Magic Kingdom
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Lanscape of Flavors (A or A resort)
  • Food court at Pop Century

Thanks.

You could always get something quick at your resort before you head out but here are some options for when you're in the parks.

MK - Sleepy Hollow, Liberty Tree Tavern
HS - Starring Rolls
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Mara (I'm at a loss on AK, I think Mara does but I can't say for certain.)

You could always get something quick at your resort before you head out but here are some options for when you're in the parks.

MK - Sleepy Hollow, Liberty Tree Tavern
HS - Starring Rolls
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Mara (I'm at a loss on AK, I think Mara does but I can't say for certain.)

Liberty Tree Tavern is a TS location, and you can't get snacks there.
Sleepy Hollow has more sweet type treats as snack options.
Mara is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, not Animal Kingdom park.

OP: Your best bet for slightly healthier snacks for breakfast will be at POP's food court, but you can find some things at each of the parks.

MK--Starbucks/Main St. Bakery
HS--Starring Rolls and Writer's Stop
EP--Sunshine Seasons in Future World. If you want a walk, the Boulangerie in France in WS is open for breakfast and has some fun snack options.
AK--Harambe Fruit Mkt and Kusafari Coffee have snack breakfast things.

OP: Your best bet for slightly healthier snacks for breakfast will be at POP's food court, but you can find some things at each of the parks.

EP--Sunshine Seasons in Future World. If you want a walk, the Boulangerie in France in WS is open for breakfast and has some fun snack options.

Thank you. For us (the OP), only need breakfast snack items for MK, HS and our resort (A of A) or Pop, which I understand is walkign distance. We have a breakfast ADR at Epcot and are not hitting AK.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will look at the link as well.

At resorts we've gotten bagels, yogurt parfaits, fruit cups. I think oatmeal is a snack credit as well but I don't recall. There are also individual cereal boxes which are a snack credit, not sure if the milk would be a 2nd credit. We usually bring a box of cereal and I just buy milk in the resort store and we sometimes have cereal in the room so not sure about that one. In the parks I also like the sweet cream cheese stuffed pretzel (I know they have it in MK near Space M, it's in other locations too) and an occasional chocolate croissant.

I meant Liberty Square Market for the MK location.

We each used 1SC for our breakfast every morning and it worked out perfect because we were never hungry for treats mid-day so didn't need the credits for anything else.

Just about every morning we each had a yogurt parfait (yogurt, granola, fruit) which was very filling. This was at CSR so I'm not sure if yogurt parfaits differ at the different resorts.

One day we split a cinnamon roll from Main St Bakery and also split a fruit cup.

Another day we each got a muffin at CSR but like you, we were looking for "real" food so we only did that once.

At the resorts, oatmeal is usually a snack credit as far as I know...but don't quote me on that!

If you don't mind sharing with the rest of your group, you could get a great breakfast variety. Use a credit each for a few different things and have a little of everything. That way you can enjoy a small piece of a cinnamon roll, some oatmeal, and fruit for example. The yogurt parfaits were definitely the best value for us because they were healthy AND filled us up for a long time...we would eat breakfast at 7am or so and wouldn't want to even think about eating again until noon, and that was with walking quickly in the parks.

I know the times we tried to do snacks for breakfast we ended up crashing bad at around 10:30. We don't want to risk it again. We never seemed to be able to find the yogurt with the nuts, or anything else that came close to being a protein. One morning in Hollywood Studios we were darn near asleep on the sidewalk waiting for our Brown Derby res to happen.

I'm going to check out the snack thread that was recommended, but this next trip I'm packing granola bars for sure.

I

I'm going to check out the snack thread that was recommended, but this next trip I'm packing granola bars for sure.

Always have these in my bag, my kid could live on ZBars and me on Luna bars!:) anyway, great to have something like this on hand.

Don't forget at your resort you can use refillable mug for coffee or soda so if one of you gets up early you could go down and grab everyone's breakfast & drinks meaning you won't need to purchase a drink or use a snack credit for one.

Don't forget at your resort you can use refillable mug for coffee or soda so if one of you gets up early you could go down and grab everyone's breakfast & drinks meaning you won't need to purchase a drink or use a snack credit for one.

Thanks. That's a great tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter