Snack Credits and Quick service

MikL99

Mouseketeer
I just came back from a 9 day trip. We had the TS dining plan and I wanted to share with everyone something I did not know before my trip.

1. Snack credits: My Venti caramel frappuccino from Starbucks counted as 1 snack credit!!!!! That is a great value for a snack credit as i believe these were close to $6. Our first trip we had so many snacks leftover we bought ice cream for another family on the last day. Not this time!!!

2. Quick Service: Your Quick service credits are just one big pool. That means adults and Kids count the same. SO if your kid doesn't like mac and cheese or chicken nuggets you can order adult QS (someone else confirm this as i was told this on the last day while ordering breakfast at food court). I used the QS for an adult breakfast for my 5 year old. This would have been helpful at Pecos when my son loves tacos but ended up with mac and cheese.

Hope this helps someone.

@MikL99, that's good to know! I love the DDP! Regarding snack credits, I thought it was anything under $5, but I've also heard there are some exceptions. where did you go for starbucks? AK?

I also like the changes for next year's DDP. there will be no more desserts with the CS meals, but there is an extra snack credit added instead. Perfect for me since I eat 5-6 times a day but rarely ever have dessert with my lunch! LOL

You are correct on the pooled credits. We typically ordered 4 adult CS meals to split 5 ways with a group that was 3 adults (one only 10 years old though) and two 8-year-olds.

@MikL99, that's good to know! I love the DDP! Regarding snack credits, I thought it was anything under $5, but I've also heard there are some exceptions. where did you go for starbucks? AK?

I hit MK mostly for Star bucks, but also HWS. In HWS the store isn't called Starbucks but it does sell Starbucks inside. I forget the name. It was some sort of Cafe if that helps.

hello, the Starbucks at Hollywood Studios is called Trolley Cart Cafe. In fact, there is a Starbucks in every park but it's called a different name to match the park ambience. at AK it's called Creature Comforts, At Epcot it's called Fountain View since it's near the fountain, clever huh?
I do agree that Starbucks drinks are the best bang for your buck for snack credits. We just returned from our trip a week ago and that's pretty much what we did.
Hubby and I like the refresher drinks like the iced tea varieties, they have many kinds, a nice Starbucks lady gave us a great tip, the iced teas come in Trenta which is 30 oz, 6 oz more than the Vente. She suggested ordering that and gave us an extra plastic cup so we can share, so you just use 1 snack credit. I don't think they offer this size for the frappes thoug. Hope this helps.

They have adjusted the snack credits to include items (like Starbucks drinks) that cost more. There are a lot of good options now, but I agree the drinks are a great value! I know the cupcakes and candy apples (plain, not the ones decorated like characters), popcorn, Ample Hills ice cream, and even a plain funnel cake can be snack credits now. Allears has them included on the menus, I believe...

You can also "trade" one quick service meal for 3 snack credits if you get all 3 snacks at the same location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter