Smores with Chip and Dale

beebumble

DIS Veteran
Have any of you been to the Camfire recently? What is the best way to get there from the Pop Century?
Thanks and Have a Disney Nite:earsgirl: :earsboy:

I know it is not recently, but DD loved it! She was 6 then and had the best time. We took the bus from POR, so I am not sure about POP. You can buy a small bag with marshmallows, chocolate and crackers there or bring your own. It was a fun night on a day we did not go to the parks.

Does anybody know what time this would be on November 26th? We are doing the 5pm Hoop de doo and it might be fun to do afterwards.

Thanks

Hello from Mississippi!

I'm not sure if this is the best way to get to FW or not, but I was riding the boat from Ft. Wilderness to the MK on E-ride night about 10:30 pm, and met a family from Pop Century. I was talking about going to E-ride night, and they told me that they had been to the campfire program and were staying at the Pop. I guess they just rode the boat from MK over at close to time for the program to start, and then rode back to the MK and caught the bus back to the Pop Century.

Would that work for you? You would have to catch another bus (I think a Purple bus) to the Meadows Trading Post and walk over to the Campfire area.

Hope this helps, and have fun!

Originally posted by zakatak
Does anybody know what time this would be on November 26th? We are doing the 5pm Hoop de doo and it might be fun to do afterwards.

Thanks

I would ask at the Fort Wilderness desk since the time is adjusted as dusk comes earlier that time of year. You might want to try to do the campfire on a night you aren't doing anything else since kids always seem to love making and eating the s'mores for dessert...and if you're coming from the Hoop-de-Doo you are gonna be sooooo full of strawberry shortcake you might not want to look at 'em!

...besides, if you bring some hot dogs and buns along with you(they have sticks to buy and condiments at the chuckwagon which is where they have the packets of s'more fixin's available for purchase if you don't bring your own)...you can have a cookout before the s'mores! They light the campfires about a half hour or more before the sing-along, Chip and Dale and the outdoor Disney movie.

Bring jackets if you're doing this in November. Lots of folks bring a blanket with which to cushion the benches or put down on the rocks (to sit down for the movie).

Thanks! I just don't think we will get over to FW the rest of the time we are there, so I thought if everyone was up to it, we could do part of it anyways.

Thanks for the tip about the blankets.

Karen

Originally posted by zakatak

Thanks

when they have the scedule, it is usually posted over there(I think). Or there is a linky to it.

I think at that time of year, the sing-a-long begins at 7pm and the movie starts at 7:40. The campfires will keep burning during the movie, bu be aware that Chip n Dale don't hang around for that. We were advised to take the bus from POR to MK, then take the boat to FW, and that worked out fine the first night, it probably took us 30 minutes to get to FW...then you either have to walk from the boat dock to the Meadows or else take an internal FW bus. Unfortunately, it rained that day, so Chip n Dale didn't come (we were told they don't come if it rains), but there was a sing a long by the pool and the movie was shown (no campfire though)....we left and decided to try again another night. We tried again the next night, but there had been late afternoon rain at FW and the ground was quite wet, so no CHip n Dale again. On our third try, we had the longest wait for a bus that we had on our entire trip, we waited over 45 minutes at POR for a bus to MK (every other wait we had was 15 minutes or less), and even though we had allowed 1hr and 15 minutes to get to FW, by the time we got to MK, walked to the boat dock and waited 10 minutes for the boat, then rode the boat over and took the internal bus to the Meadows, the sing a long was just finishing up, but Chip n Dale were already gone. We did roast marshmallows and stayed for part of the movie, but never got to see Chip n Dale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter