• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smolders, Blisters, and Getting Punched in the Stomach! Our April 2011 Adventure!

my mom and I are super close as well! We have gone on many a mother daughter trip. I like your TR title 2! My brother and I just watched tangled on easter (I had seen it already but that was his first time seeing it). I loved your story about how the celebrate you parade was going on as you walked in to the magic kingdom! My last trip we were listening to the soundtrack from the "Cinderellabration" show they had a few years age and my mom and I drove through the welcome to disney world sign just as the fairy godmother said, "Let the Dreams Now Begin!" I couldn't have timed it better if I had tried. I also enjoyed your story about the wishes guy helping you with you fliming of wishes. I love when cast members are super helpful like that :) I also enjoyed your story about the mad hatter. I have been to that breakfast many times (I never realized that you could get the photopass photographers to take a picture with your camera as well) and LOVE IT!!!!! The food is decent (I know that is kind of a mixed review but I enjoy it a lot) and the characters have been GREAT everytime we went! The time before my last trip (August 2009) we went there and we had an AMAZING mad hatter!!!! He was hillarious and the other characters fed off his antics making the whole experience even more fun! Pooh bear kept giving him the crazy sign when he particularly loud. After he came to our table and he was a safe distance away I was telling my mom that my friend thought that johnny depp looked really freaky as the mad hatter in the new alice in wonderland movie and she said, "Yeah he does look freaky". After she said that the mad hatter said in his signature loud voice (Keep in mind he is also a few tables away from us at this point), "WHAT WAS FREAKY?!?!?!?!?!?!? Mary Poppins? Yeah, I KNNNNOOOOWWW!!!!" My mom and I couldn't stop laughing after that. It is one of my favorite character experiences I've had to this day. I can't wait to hear more about your trip :)

Oh and i also enjoyed hearing about the Kim Possible Missions, I haven't done them yet but they are defintely on my must-do list! I loved Kim Possible when I was younger and now that i have joined the DISboards I now want to try the missions out. I hadn't heard anything about the japan missions before but I knew that the france and germany ones were good. Do you have any other reccomendations for missions to try out. I know that you don't have a choice for the first one but I did hear you can choose after that first mission. Oh and I sad to hear that the rain made your animal kingdom day short :( I have always felt that that is the park I would not want to be at when it rains since most of the stuff is outside.

I'm in! Love your mother daughter trip report! I had my first mother daughter trip last April! Can't wait for more updates!

Sorry for the super-long wait! :)

When we left off last, we were on an (empty) bus to Epcot at about 11:00.

Disney2011484.jpg

Not being happy about the rain.

Disney2011482.jpg

Wrapping backpacks in ponchos.

Disney2011480.jpg

Finally we arrived! As we got off the bus we realized we had two of the umbrella prongs poking out and we were carrying a walking death trap that could easily poke someone's eye out. Then we joked about using it as a battering ram. But decided against it. And we have no pictures. Probably since it was pouring rain. We hit Nemo first (a walk on, of course):

Disney2011489.jpg

We headed to Innoventions next, and our favourite game!

Disney2011491.jpg

We chatted with this really nice CM while we waited in line, and THE SEARCHWELLS OWNED ALL! We are so good at this game. We always get about 3 or 4 bonus rounds because we are so fast and efficient. :goodvibes

Disney2011492.jpg

We did the Great Piggy Bank Adventure again, chose college education, failed the joystick game, and lost. :( By this point, the rain had stopped! So we ditched the backpack ponchos and the broken umbrella (we still had the cheetah print one left) and got in line to meet Chip and Dale!

Disney2011493.jpg

Dale put my bracelet on his nose for the picture. :rotfl:

Disney2011497.jpg

Next we noticed that the fairies were inside the Character Spot building, so we slipped in the back door and got in line to meet Terence. He'd be out in 10 minutes and we'd never met him before.

Disney2011500.jpg

RIGHT. So I don't know when this next part even started, but a couple days into the trip I decided to collect the toddler face character pins: but by trading for them. I already had Tinkerbell from last trip, so I decided to see how many I could get. My goal was to get all of the princesses before Akershus breakfast on Saturday.

See? Here's my Peter Pan...

Disney2011503.jpg

And my Snow White.

Disney2011502.jpg

I also had Aladdin, Belle, and Tink by that point.

So I met Terence.

Disney2011504.jpg

Yeah. Nothing too special there. We continued through the hall and saw Snow White! Who was less than impressed with my baby Snow pin.

Disney2011505.jpg

By this point, we were ready to head to the Magic Kingdom. Since we just were not feeling Epcot that day. We stopped at Mousegears first and I got a new shirt, which I changed into. :) But first, Mom had to pose by Pluto. He's her favourite.

Disney2011506.jpg

Before leaving, we stopped to see Stitch. And I traded pins there and got Baby Hercules added to my collection.

Disney2011508.jpg

You can get a good view of my backpack here. Mom made it and I ironed on the patches. And I had an LGMH too, which is how the Photopass photographer at 1900PF knew I was a DISer. :) The far left patch had all the fairies, the middle one was Marie, and the far right was Rapunzel and Flynn. The backpack brought a lot of conversations, as well as the autograph book.

Disney2011507.jpg

We got a couple pics taken before hopping the monorail.
"Look, ma! No rain!"

Disney2011513.jpg

We were cruising over the Magic Kingdom gates at 2:30.

Disney2011514.jpg

Up next: Magic Kingdom: "Let the rainstormin' downpourin' memories begin!"
Parade! Terrible Jungle Cruise Skippers! Good Jungle Cruise Skippers! And more of me becoming a kid magnet!

Awesome update! Looks like you got through the rain and enjoyed some of EPCOT. Those are some great character pictures. I love the one with Chip and Dale, with your bracelet on his nose. So funny! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Magic Kingdom! Update ASAP! :mickeyjum

Really enjoying your trip report. Just found it today and read it all the way through. My DS (15) and I do Disney just the two of us because my husband, like your dad, doesn't like Disney. We have soooooo much fun together just like you and your Mom. Looking forward to your next post popcorn::

That's too bad about the rain but luckily you guys were able to make the most of it.

I hadn't heard that the fairies were in Epcot, how fun you got to meet them there.

Looking forward to hearing about your MK day:goodvibes

Awesome update! Looks like you got through the rain and enjoyed some of EPCOT. Those are some great character pictures. I love the one with Chip and Dale, with your bracelet on his nose. So funny! Can't wait to hear about your adventures in the Magic Kingdom! Update ASAP! :mickeyjum
Epcot's probably the best park to be in when it's raining, there's so much to do inside!

Really enjoying your trip report. Just found it today and read it all the way through. My DS (15) and I do Disney just the two of us because my husband, like your dad, doesn't like Disney. We have soooooo much fun together just like you and your Mom. Looking forward to your next post popcorn::

Thanks! :) That's so cool about you and your son. Mom and I do love our Disney.

That's too bad about the rain but luckily you guys were able to make the most of it.

I hadn't heard that the fairies were in Epcot, how fun you got to meet them there.

Looking forward to hearing about your MK day:goodvibes

Yeah, we were pretty disappointed, especially since we love Animal Kingdom and were disappointed we didn't get to soak it in... well, we literally did get to soak it in, just not in the way I was hoping. ;) The fairies are in Epcot for Flower and Garden, and we did stop to see them in their outside spot later in the week.

really enjoyed reading your trip report! :love: thanks it puts me right back there :cloud9:

Hi, I'm joining in. Me and my mom are really close like you guys...we were actually there about 2 weeks after you. Also you kind of look a lot like one of my best friend. I found that funny how smilliar you look :laughing:.

I'll try to get another chapter up tomorrow or Friday! I can't do it tonight since I have a big French project to finish and dance class. We ordered our Photopass finally so that should arrive soon and I can share some of those shots too!

So, where I left off about 18 million years ago, we were on the monorail going to the Magic Kingdom, ready to party. Well, there weren't any actual parties going on, but we were ready to have some fun.

Disney2011515.jpg

Lots of pretty pink guidemaps for the day.

Disney2011516.jpg

As we headed in, we realized the afternoon parade was about to start, so we grabbed a spot on the curb and settled in to watch. It was pretty empty for the parade, and we'd never actually sat on the curb for a parade before, and I really wanted to.

The parade was great! The same one we saw in 2009 (from behind a crowd), but it was shortened because of the rainy day.

Disney2011530.jpg

This Tiana and Naveen were the same "friends" we met on Sunday night, and Mom swears she thought she saw them give me a big "I KNOW YOU, YOU'RE THAT CRAZY SOUND-EFFECTS GIRL FROM TWO NIGHTS AGO!" smile, but I didn't see it. :confused3

Disney2011551.jpg

After stalking the parade up Main Street, we veered toward tomorrowland and rode Buzz again.

Disney2011559.jpg

I guess our scores weren't too amazing because there are no pictures of them. We decided to do the Jungle Cruise next, so we headed off to Adventureland.

Disney2011568.jpg

We were really hoping for one of the funny male skippers on our cruise, but we ended up getting a female skipper who was training another female skipper. Let's just say, the funniest part of the cruise was when she slipped off her seat in the middle of the darkened tunnel and her and her friend were giggling hysterically.

And I only saw this because I was sitting next to her.

Okay, I might have giggled quietly too.

And then she couldn't keep her concentration for the rest of the cruise.

Come to think of it, maybe she was the new one.

And apparently, we enjoy park-crossing because we walked through Liberty Square, posed here (since I just did a course in American History at school and did not have the attention span for Hall of Presidents that day):

Disney2011570.jpg

Took this castle picture:
Disney2011590.jpg

Walked back through the hub, waving merrily at the street party as we went:

Disney2011573.jpg

And somehow ended up here.

Disney2011575.jpg

We creeped my favourite Disney couple for a while, since we didn't want to wait in line that day (it was our plan for the next day!). We stopped for a bite to eat at Cosmic Ray's (our favourite counter-service place in the Magic Kingdom) and headed.... back to the Jungle Cruise.

Why did we do that? Did we really want to risk another monotonous skipper?

Oh, right. We had Fastpasses. If we got another monotonous skipper, at least we'd get them with a short wait.

Disney2011593.jpg

I am happy to say we did not get a monotonous skipper! We got a sarcastic one. Her name was Lindsay, and compared to our skipper from earlier, she was hysterical.

Compared to our skipper we'd have later that week, she was boring as a sack of potatoes. But I'll get to that later.

And we wandered to Tomorrowland.

Disney2011607.jpg

We rode Buzz again. And this was my score.

Disney2011617.jpg

And this was our photo.

Disney2011619.jpg

I get super-intense when I'm in that tunnel. We continued our loop to Fantasyland.

Disney2011623.jpg

We rode Snow White for the first time, which I loved!

Disney2011622.jpg

It's too bad it won't be there next trip. :( (Which will hopefully be Spring Break 2012 and/or Summer 2012! We'd love to do both. French Quarter for Spring Break and Art of Animation for 2 weeks in the summer is our dream.) After Snow, we saw Philharmagic.

Disney2011628.jpg

And then we went home. On the bus, we met another great family, with an adorable little girl. She zeroed in on my pins and as hard as it was, I traded my spazzing donald pin (one of my favourites) because she really, really liked it. I figure, it's just a pin, I'll probably find it on a CM's lanyard someday. She chattered away with me the whole bus ride, and gave me a big hug before we went our separate ways. So, Hi Emily, if your mom happens to be a Diser. :)

We got back to the room and I fell asleep dreaming about the next day... meeting my favourite Disney princess and Flynn Rider!

Next: Magic Kingdom Part 1 - "I'M HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS!"
We prepare for the epic moment that is Tangled! I take my first solo walk around the MK, tackle a headliner I've never done before all by myself and a ghost steals my head!

You zoomed around Magic Kingdom. I love the picture of the "Celebrate A Dream Come True Parade". I tend to only be able to see snippets of that parade, never the whole thing though I would like to. :) You definitely like the Jungle Cruise. One of the few favorites amongst those on here I haven't been able to ride yet. That will be one of my must-dos next trip. And I'm sorry you had to trade away a pin you liked, but that's so nice you met someone on the bus ride. It's always nice when that happens :goodvibes Can't wait to hear more! Update ASAP! :mickeyjum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter