• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smolders, Blisters, and Getting Punched in the Stomach! Our April 2011 Adventure!

I really enjoy reading this trip report it brings everything back to me all fresh and magical!! :cloud9:

What a fun night....thanks for posting pics of the Haunted Mansion line...can't wait to see it!

Great pics with you and the princesses...an evening is not complete in the MK without seeing them is it?

Tuesday arrived with a wakeup call at about 9:00! I was so happy to have slept for a little more than usual (9 is usually a good sleep-in for me at home!) and we focused on getting ready for our 1900 Park Fare brunch we were going to have at 11! Mmmm, brunch. :) I got myself ready, threw on my Alice shirt from the Disney Store and my pin lanyard, checked the camera batteries and we were ready to go! We hopped a Magic Kingdom bus and then took the monorail to the Grand Floridian.

Before we knew it we were here:

Disney2011314.jpg

We hadn't ever done the breakfast here before and we were super-excited to try it. While we were in the foyer the photopass photographer noticed the LGMH on my bag and told us she was a disboarder too! But stupid me didn't write her username down. :( But she did take a lovely picture of us with our camera too.

Disney2011315.jpg

We were seated pretty quickly and had a great seat: it was actually where we sat for dinner in 2007! Pretty funny. When we were seated, one of the families near us looked really familiar (I KNEW it was a disboarder), and when we came home I realized who we saw: jenseib and her daughter Claire! If we'd seen you outside we would have said hello but we didn't want to disturb a Diser at breakfast. :) Claire looked awesome in her Poppins outfit!

We ordered drinks and then hit the buffet:

Disney2011322.jpg

Yummmmm. That was my plate, here's Mom's:

Disney2011321.jpg

It wasn't long before we got characters! I'm not posting all of our character pictures because well, they aren't too flattering of me. :rotfl:

Disney2011332.jpg

Disney2011339.jpg

Partway through breakfast we realized that we hadn't gotten Mary, Alice or the Mad Hatter to sign the 1900PF page in our planning binder/autograph book! Luckily, we got Mary as she came around a second time, but there was no sight of Alice. We did get the Mad Hatter again, and he was hilarious. :D I handed him an orange sharpie to sign with (to match his jacket) and he said "No, no, this is unacceptable. I want green!" :rotfl: So I gave him the lime green marker instead, and he asked us if we'd like Alice to sign the book as well, and Pooh and Tigger. We (of course) said yes, and he said he'd go find her. He came back a few minutes later and said "The Queen is making Alice have tea with her and is not letting her leave. I can go give the book to her if you'd like?" So we agreed and he swept up our book, insisted on bringing the sky blue marker and headed backstage. :woohoo:He was back there for a while and Mom and I were convinced there were some of their 'friends' giving our book a peek. :) Finally he delivered the book back, signed up and ready to go!

disney20111377.jpg

And somewhere in there, we got some of this:

Disney2011334.jpg

OMG HEAVENLY. Mom asked for the recipe and our waitress happily obliged. We're going to make it sometime so Dad can try it, but all I can say about it is OMG that's a lot of cream. :scared1: After breakfast, we headed out with full bellies, got lost in the GF trying to find the restroom (the one near 1900PF was really busy) and then grabbed the monorail, ready for a fun day at Epcot!

Up next: Epcot Part 1: "I'm like Mario!"

Great update!

When I first saw you guys were going to 1900 Park Fare, I was getting excited because I've always wanted to go to Dinner there then I discovered it was breakfast... Haha, it doesn't matter, I've never met the Mad Hatter or Alice so its nice to know how the breakfast there is. And the soup you showed looks so good! What is it called? If I end up doing the breakfast there and not the dinner, I will definitely be getting that. :goodvibes

Update as soon as you can!

Awesome update, breakfast looks awesome at 1900 Park Fare, especially the strawberry soup.

Looking forward to hearing all about your day:goodvibes

That was so sweet of the Hatter to do that for you and he was so fun! We're doing 1900 PF for breakfast too and I can't wait to see our Alice in Wonderland obsessed friend when they stop by our table!

Also so cool that you saw Dis'ers!

Just subscribed!!!! I do love reading fellow Canadians in the World! We are thinking of staying at the French Quarter next time. It seems so much smaller that CBR and even Riverside. That is where we have stayed before.
Anyways, Love the pics. It must have been pretty special for you and your mom to share those moments.:lovestruc

Great update!

When I first saw you guys were going to 1900 Park Fare, I was getting excited because I've always wanted to go to Dinner there then I discovered it was breakfast... Haha, it doesn't matter, I've never met the Mad Hatter or Alice so its nice to know how the breakfast there is. And the soup you showed looks so good! What is it called? If I end up doing the breakfast there and not the dinner, I will definitely be getting that. :goodvibes

Update as soon as you can!

Dinner is very good too, we did that in 2007 (back when it was the mice, not the stepsisters). The food was really good! The breakfast is great as well. It is called Strawberry Soup and I believe you can get it on the buffet at both meals, but I'm not 100% sure. :)

Awesome update, breakfast looks awesome at 1900 Park Fare, especially the strawberry soup.

Looking forward to hearing all about your day:goodvibes

The strawberry soup is amazing! We did have a great day in Epcot, more on that later. ;)

That was so sweet of the Hatter to do that for you and he was so fun! We're doing 1900 PF for breakfast too and I can't wait to see our Alice in Wonderland obsessed friend when they stop by our table!

Also so cool that you saw Dis'ers!

We were so surprised but really happy!

Just subscribed!!!! I do love reading fellow Canadians in the World! We are thinking of staying at the French Quarter next time. It seems so much smaller that CBR and even Riverside. That is where we have stayed before.
Anyways, Love the pics. It must have been pretty special for you and your mom to share those moments.:lovestruc

Thanks! It's really great. Everything's very close to SOMETHING, whether your room is really close to the pool, boat dock, buses, or food court.

What a great brunch you had....I love brunch!

How nice of the Mad Hatter to take your book and have them sign it....that was pretty neat!!!

Where we left off, we were on the monorail to Epcot! This is our favourite park and we were so excited to get back to our favourite place in the World. We went through bag check, got our tickets scanned and saw the Toy Story topiaries!

Disney2011345.jpg

I thought this sign was adorable. :)

Disney2011347.jpg

Spaceship Earth!

Disney2011350.jpg

Our first stop was Soarin', to see if we could nab any fastpasses (it was about 1PM.

Disney2011352.jpg

We did pick some up, I believe they were for about 6PM that night. The standby line was about an hour, but it was the hot part of the day and the line was inside, so we decided to wait.

Disney2011355.jpg

This is our favourite ride, and it was amazing! We were in the middle row, I think, but we did get the top row a lot over the course of the trip. We decided that we would head over to Innoventions next and get a Kim Possible fastpass.

We got a fastpass for that afternoon and then noticed the Great Piggy Bank Adventure, which we wanted to do. So we hopped in line for that, and in a few minutes we were introduced to Piggy!

Disney2011358.jpg

Isn't he adorable? We loved the game, it was a ton of fun, and by the end we got enough money for an Ultimate Vacation! :woohoo:Back to Disney!

Disney2011359.jpg

After this, we went to Smarter Planet and tried the video game exhibit, which was so cool! It was amazing how they just put me in the game, causing the title of this chapter: "I'm like Mario!" :rotfl:

By this point, it was time to save the world in Italy! We grabbed a big sugar cookie and some slushies at a stand near World Showcase and sipped and nibbled all the way to Italy. When we arrived, we were assigned the Japan mission! I love that one, with the Baby Bebe. Mom was exhausted, so she kind of rested in the shaded areas, while I performed the Japan, France, and United Kingdom missions. :)

Up next: "May I get an order of baguettes?"
We meet some children who desperately want hot dogs, I become a kid-magnet, and we meet a frisky cat.

Looks like you got a nice, sunny day in Epcot! :) Love the pictures of the Disney-themed topiary! I think some were up when I was last down there and I remember them from my first trip. Moving on... I'm still amazed at how many people get into the middle or front seats of Soarin', I always end up in the back. Why does that always happen? Grrr... Well, sounds like you had fun. Always wanted to do a Kim Possible Mission :thumbsup2 Update ASAP! :mickeyjum

:thumbsup2love the update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just love the kim posssible game!!!!:lmao:

Thanks guys! Happy easter! Unfortunately I can't get the next chapter up since I typed it in word and it is being stupid and not allowing me to access the file. :( It'll be up soon though!

I love the picture of Spaceship Earth - it amazes me that that thing's probably been photographed about 285249249235234 times, but can still look different in almost every picture!

And I agree, the strawberry chilled soup looks delicious - I thought about booking 1900 Park Fare just for that, but it seemed a little silly to attend a character breakfast for one dish alone! :laughing:

While we were in France, we stopped to see Marie.

Disney2011362.jpg

She must have been frisky, she was meowing constantly while she was signing an autograph card for the scrapbook and taking a picture. :rotfl:

We stopped to smell the roses (kind of literally!) near the International Gateway:

Disney2011369.jpg

Disney2011370.jpg

We got the golf ball part of the UK mission, which was very exciting.

Disney2011376.jpg

And Mom talked to a Scottish guy and was instantly happy. I don't know why, she has a soft spot for Scottish accents. Then she proceeded to speak in one for the next 10 minutes. :headache:

We saw some little ducks on the way back to Future World.

Disney2011383.jpg

And some not-so-little not-so-ducks.

Disney2011384.jpg

Mom wanted shade, air conditioning, and a seat (well, so did I, I'd just saved the world!), so Ellen's Energy Adventure it was!

Disney2011391.jpg

We thought we enjoyed this ride more in previous trips than we actually did this year: but it was a nice rest and we got to sit in air-conditioning for about an hour. After visiting with Ellen, we headed to Fountainview and got giant ice cream cones. Mmmmm. I had cookies and cream and mom had butter pecan. The guy at the counter was so fun, waving to Mickey down in the character spot and generally just having a good time. He made sure to pile our cones up high. :woohoo:

We hit up Soarin' with our passes next and then decided on one ride on Spaceship Earth before going back to the resort.

Disney2011394.jpg

We love that ride, I thought the Egypt and Greece scenes were cool because we were learning about Egypt and hieroglyphics in Ancient History class before we left and I'd written an essay on Greek philosophy for the same class, so it was cool to see the animatronic of Socrates. At the end, we emailed our future home and our picture popped up on the big screen! Mom was less than thrilled.

Disney2011398.jpg

We made our way out of the best park ever, and to the bus stop. Luckily, the Port Orleans bus stop is one of the first ones you come to, and even though we shared with Riverside, it wasn't too bad. We were the second family there, and the family before us had someHYPER children. They were playing around and reciting the State Farm commercial, except in their own, hyper-child universe. One of them would say “I want a hot dog!” and another would add “Like a good neighbor State Farm is THERE!” and the third would go “Here you go!” and then they would repeat it. And repeat it. And repeat it. I leaned over to the mom and added “They need to pay you for all this advertising they’re doing!”. Another family with two little girls got in line behind us and this is when I became a ‘kid-magnet’ (my mother's made up term).

Kid Magnet (n): A teenager who somehow attracts the attention of random children at Walt Disney World and usually ends up sitting on the ground, trading pins, or playing some sort of game by the end of the bus ride and/or wait in line.

Kids love me. I don’t know why. So within seconds I had all 3 state farm kids (probably under the age of 7) and the little girl from the other family (probably about 9) all crowded around me, chattering away. Well, the littlest state farm girl was just busy poking the Pascal jibbitz in my croc flats. And somehow I carried on all 4 conversations (crocs, Charlie Brown specials, and two different conversations about Epcot) at the same time and somehow knew what I was saying to each child. Now that takes skill, if I do say so myself. :rotfl:

All 3 of our families ended up sitting all together on the bus and chattering away the whole time. Both families were going to Riverside, so if either of you are on here:
State Farm Mom: I hope your children finally settled down.
PEI Family: I hope you had a safe trip home.

We decided that that would be the night we tried the famous beignets. So we headed to the Sassagoula food court and got in line at the bakery. The guy in front of us, well, didn't seem like the type that had ever spoken French or attempted to. So (myself having studied French in school since grade 4) found his order quite amusing:

"Hey, can I get an order of baguettes?"
"Are my baguettes ready?"

Beignets= donuts we really had no opinion on. They were okay, and we had better snacks in other places on our trip. Mom called them "dough pillows". :rotfl: Not that we're trying to deter anyone from them, to each their own.

Baguettes= Long sticks of French bread.:rotfl:

So, Baguettes (;)) in hand, we walked down Rue D'Baga and up the stairs and were soon snuggled in our beds. :goodvibes We flicked on the television to see the weather and heard the words that NOBODY EVER wants to hear on vacation:

THUNDERSTORMS TOMORROW.

Next chapter: Animal Kingdom - "Mom, is he speaking English?"
The Yeti gets rained out, a rousing I Spy game ensues, and- "SIR, SIT DOWN!".

Wow, you got a lot done in Epcot, great update! The Kim Possible mission looks like tons of fun, I definitely need to do one at some point. I hate how I always bypass it and think nothing of it. I was learning about the Ancient Greeks and Romans and Philosophy as well, so I seemed to notice those details pretty well too. Its so funny how what you learn in school has those weird effects on vacation. And kids definitely seem to like you :) I can't wait to hear how you still manage to make it to a park with thunderstorms, it always amazes me how I manage to go on the days when they don't happen when I go down to Disney. Well... update as soon as possible!

Wow, you got a lot done in Epcot, great update! The Kim Possible mission looks like tons of fun, I definitely need to do one at some point. I hate how I always bypass it and think nothing of it. I was learning about the Ancient Greeks and Romans and Philosophy as well, so I seemed to notice those details pretty well too. Its so funny how what you learn in school has those weird effects on vacation. And kids definitely seem to like you :) I can't wait to hear how you still manage to make it to a park with thunderstorms, it always amazes me how I manage to go on the days when they don't happen when I go down to Disney. Well... update as soon as possible!

The KP missions are awesome! You'll love them!

It was pretty crazy with the storm, I'm working on that part now! It was still a good day though, as you'll see soon. :)

I love the picture of Spaceship Earth - it amazes me that that thing's probably been photographed about 285249249235234 times, but can still look different in almost every picture!

And I agree, the strawberry chilled soup looks delicious - I thought about booking 1900 Park Fare just for that, but it seemed a little silly to attend a character breakfast for one dish alone! :laughing:

Thanks! I really like that shot I took.

It's very good. The breakfast has Mickey waffles and tons of fruit, you can make a meal out of just those 3 things. :rotfl:

Subbing You are too funny... I def laughed at your jokes!

Looking forward to reading thR rest!

Okay, so where we left off, we were watching the weather on Monday night and panicking about thunderstorm forecasts for the next morning! :scared1: When we got up the next morning, it wasn't raining yet, but the sky sure looked like it. The rain wasn't going to stop us: we had a pre-park opening breakfast at the Animal Kingdom, playtime at the AK and then an evening at the MK! WOO! We got dressed quickly and hurried down to grab a bus!

We shared a bus with some lovely people who were also going to Tusker House, they had 2 adorable little girls and the younger of the 2 was very proud in pointing out that the girls outnumbered the boys in the bus (the bus driver and their dad were the only guys. :rotfl:) She was very interested in my pins and switched bus sides to sit with me and we talked Disney, pins, and played I Spy the whole ride there. :goodvibes

Disney2011407.jpg

Disney2011408.jpg

When we arrived, we ended up walking with our new friends to the turnstiles, and since their reservation was for 8:10 and ours for 8:25, they had to move a little quicker to Tusker, and we said goodbye then. Mom and I took our time wandering through the AK.

Disney2011415.jpg

Disney2011427.jpg

We got some Photopass shots done (which will be posted as soon as we finish the photobook/CD, finalize the order and well... recieve the package. :rotfl:They did do a shot with our camera too.

Disney2011417.jpg

It was almost eerie walking through the AK with nobody there! We finally made it to Tusker and got our picture with Donald (I love that the photographers will use your camera so you don't have to splurge for the picture :) )

Disney2011428.jpg

Once we got inside, we were shown to our table and greeted by a happy CM named Louis, who began chattering away to us in a language we didn't recognize. I gave mom a panicked look that simply said "Mom, is he speaking English?". Louis was actually speaking Swahili and was happy to translate for us.

And I will translate for you...

when I watch the video from Mom's camera again. :rotfl:

After learning Swahili, we were introduced to our waiter and hit the buffet! And again I didn't take any pictures. For shame, for shame. But I do have some character shots!

Disney2011430.jpg

Disney2011432.jpg

Partway through the meal, someone opened the door that was near us (the back entrance, I think) and we saw that the torrential downpour had begun. We asked our waiter about what rides would be down because of it, and he said that Everest was not running because of the lightning risk :-)guilty:), but that the safari would be a lot of fun since the animals are very active in the rain. We finished our meal, pulled the umbrellas out and hurried toward the safari.

(Yes, we don't wear ponchos. :rotfl:)

When we arrived at the Safari, it was literally a walk on. We walked right through the queue and right into a safari vehicle! Our tour guide was a little bit boring, but our Tusker House waiter was right: the animals were out in full force!

Disney2011443.jpg

Disney2011448.jpg

Disney2011463.jpg

After we saved Little Red from the poachers (or is it Big Red?) we decided that since most of the attractions we wanted to do (characters, Everest) would be closed, we decided to escape to Epcot (NOT in the plan!). We were out of AK by 11AM and on a bus to Epcot.

Up next: Epcot: "This is very fashionable."
More frolicking in the rain with Terence, Chip, Dale, and... wait, where did the rain go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter