Smoky Mountain Restaurant Recommendations

disneychick0412

DIS Veteran
We will be going to the Smoky Mountains soon. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. It's actually for our 20 year wedding anniversary.
What are your must do dining recommendations?
We are not big drinkers, and don't want anything too fancy (that's just not us)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area? The restaurants we love there are the Applewood Farmhouse, The Old Mill, Huck Finn’s, The Local Goat, Corky’s BBQ.

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area? The restaurants we love there are the Applewood Farmhouse, The Old Mill, Huck Finn’s, The Local Goat, Corky’s BBQ.
Yes, that area. I fixed it in the original post. :)
Thank you for your input!
I've heard that the Local Goat is awesome!

We are not fancy either. We always eat at Tom and Earls back alley grill in Gatlinburg. Jose's mexican restaurant is good and then there is another mexican farther up towards the Walgreens that gets good reviews as well.

Last edited:

Local Goat. Best steak I have ever had at that place. It's in Pigeon Forge.

Oh if you are a pancake eater (i am not) People seem to love Pancake Pantry in Gatlingburg at the entrance to The Village

"Best Italian" (the original one) in Elk's Plaza on the Parkway in Gatlinburg
New Orleans Sandwich Company in Baskins Square on the Parkway in Gatlinburg
(Don't worry about dessert at either one - go to the Ole Smoky Candy Kitchen - either location [original on the Parkway is best but in the Village on the Parkway is ok, too] in Gatlinburg instead!)

In Pigeon Forge - Song and Hearth Restaurant in Dolly Parton's DreamMore Resort (you do not have to be staying there to eat there)

We love the breakfast at Crockett's Breakfast Camp.
Save this link to get in line virtually and save time. https://crockettsbreakfastcamp.com/

And someone in your party must order the pancakes!

We also loved The Alamo steak house in PF. Not fancy, but good steak!

We have visited Gatlinburg numerous times. We always go to the Smoky Mountain Brewery. Super casual.

We also always go to the Pancake Pantry. Don’t let the line scare you. It moves fast.

Ooh yes! Please help gang! We have a cabin booked for May in Pigeon Forge and plans to do the Hatfield & McCoys Dinner Show (we adore cheesy entertainment like Medieval Times), Dollywood, Paula Deen's.

Which alpine mtn coaster is best?

Which pancake restaurant is the best?

Is Anakeesta worth a visit?

Anything we should try and hit up? We don't drink so moonshine tours are out. Hiking isn't our jam either.

We will be going to the Smoky Mountains soon. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area. It's actually for our 20 year wedding anniversary.
What are your must do dining recommendations?
We are not big drinkers, and don't want anything too fancy (that's just not us)

Thank you!
You don’t have to worry about fancy. We visited a few years ago and looked for a nice place for one of the meals. Tough to find if it’s there at all

We like Sawyer Farmhouse for pancakes, Sunliner has good food but huge portions.

Timberwood Grill is good for dinner.

Donut Friar in Gatlinburg is so good but they take cash only.

Chocolate Monkey has some good chocolate options too

Also hit up the tanger outlets, some local stores plus Disney outlet.

We like Sawyer Farmhouse for pancakes, Sunliner has good food but huge portions.

Timberwood Grill is good for dinner.

Donut Friar in Gatlinburg is so good but they take cash only.

Chocolate Monkey has some good chocolate options too

Also hit up the tanger outlets, some local stores plus Disney outlet.

Oh my gosh I can’t believe I left out Donut Friar! Absolutely worth getting out cash 💸

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter