Smoking outside Cove Cafe

Doingitagain

DIS Veteran
Our veranda is right below the Cove Cafe. Since I am allergic to smoke, I am concerned about people smoking outside the Cove Cafe and it drifting down to our veranda. I called Disney and looked online, but I received conflicting information on port/starboard and the smoking policy. So I decided to post a thread since DISers know everything.

I'd be more concerned with the noise if my room was directly below. That is a high traffic area.

Smoking on outside decks is now only permitted on the starboard side of the ship. Cove Cafe is on the port side so there should be no one smoking outside.

However, smoking is permitted on all personal verandahs.

Smoking on outside decks is now only permitted on the starboard side of the ship. Cove Cafe is on the port side so there should be no one smoking outside.

However, smoking is permitted on all personal verandahs.

I haven't cruised since 2006. When we cruised last the smoking area was outside the Cove Cafe. I always hated walking out into the cloud of smoke :sick:. I'm glad they changed this!!! I'm curious, when did they change the smoking area to the starboard side of the ship?

I think it was late 2008. When we went in March 2008 smoking was on the port side, when we went in March 2009, it was on the starboard.

I think it was late 2008. When we went in March 2008 smoking was on the port side, when we went in March 2009, it was on the starboard.

Thanks. I'm glad that I can get a cup of coffee without walking through the cloud of smoke!!!

The Cove Cafe area used to be HORRIBLE! As in "to be avoided at all costs." However, in response to guest concerns, it is now a non-smoking area.

As above, smoking is allowed on decks 9 and 10 on the starboard side only..and not around the Mickey pool on either side. Cove Cafe is on the port side and is thus a totally no smoking area.

Great news. :banana::banana::banana: During our cruises in 2005 and 2006, we avoided the area in front of the Cove Cafe as much as we could. We deliberately navigated forward to aft along the other side of deck 9. The smoke was thick back then. Good to know that won't be a problem anymore!!

Our veranda is right below the Cove Cafe. Since I am allergic to smoke, I am concerned about people smoking outside the Cove Cafe and it drifting down to our veranda. I called Disney and looked online, but I received conflicting information on port/starboard and the smoking policy. So I decided to post a thread since DISers know everything.

Starboard Side Open Air areas and Private Verandeh's. Not sure if smoke from another Verandeh would drift over.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/help/overview?name=HealthAndSafetyFAQLandingPage

It can. If it is a problem for you, I'd let Guest Services know. It's unlikely that they'd be able to move you, but if there is enough concern, all verandahs on the port side might become non-smoking.

I couldn't care less... unless I feel ill... I used to smoke... and cheat occasionally However My wife and baby are different matters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter