Smoking banned in Restaurants?

Daisy57b

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone!

I heard that smoking is banned in all Florida restaurants - especially Disney. True?

Bigger question - Dining at the Swan - I'm planning a private dinner for a large group of people and wanted to make sure there was NO SMOKING at the dinner table. There will be several (7) smokers there and I don't want them to smoke there. I've had lots of dinners with them and they ALWAYS smoke at the dinner table without asking anyone if they mind. I've been debating on how I would handle this.

Thanks!!!!

There was just recently a law passed that does not allow smoking in any (public) indoor location. The only smoking that is allowed indoors is at establishments that make most of their money off alcohol (so dedicated bars and pubs). All resturants in Florida are now smoke free.

Disney has been smoke free for ages. Thank God for that. I absolutely hate the smell of cigarette smoke.

Cigarette smoke makes me ill and the nearly smoke-free environment at WDW is yet another reason why we keep going back.

The law bans smoking in all indoor public establishments. The only exemption is bars and nightclubs that derrive less than 10% of their revenue from food. Smoking areas in Tampa and Orlando airports have been closed.

Go Florida!! My sisters all live in CA and always complain about smokng in restaurants when they come to MN as they have been smoke free for years there.

Yes, all indoor areas are smoke free, and just to let everyone know, all outdoor food and merchadise kiosks and the areas around them are also supposed to be smoke free for the comfort of other guests, and the Castmembers that work in those locations!~

Yes, thankfully, all Disney restaurants are smoke-free. In fact, the entire property is darn-near smoke-free.

We keep praying for them to finally pass a smoking ban here in NJ. It comes up periodically but hasn't made it through the legislature. There are so many wonderful restaurants near us that we just can't go to because either they have no non-smoking area or the area they do have is not isolated from the smoking area.

Delaware passed their ban last year and it is wonderful. We've been there a few times and dined at places we never would have gone to otherwise.

Steve

I'm with you Disney Steve! Restaurant owners always whine that they will lose business from smokers if they can't allow smoking. They have no idea how many of us non-smokers never darken their door steps due to smoke. Some of the best restaurants in NJ are in Chambersburg, the Italian neighborhood in Trenton, but we rarely go anymore due to the smoke. YUCK!

Originally posted by barbeml
I'm with you Disney Steve! Restaurant owners always whine that they will lose business from smokers if they can't allow smoking. They have no idea how many of us non-smokers never darken their door steps due to smoke. Some of the best restaurants in NJ are in Chambersburg, the Italian neighborhood in Trenton, but we rarely go anymore due to the smoke. YUCK!

Actually, I even know quite a few smokers who avoid certain restaurants because the smoke is so oppressive in them.

Steve

No smoking in FL restaurants...the best thing to happen to FLORIDA UNTIL the Marlins won the World Series!!:tongue: :tongue:

I have also noticed another perk to not having both smoking and non smoking sections. The wait for a table is considerably shorter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter