Smoking at Magic Kingdom?

SkylarKD

Mouseketeer
It looks like my brother may be joining us for 1 day at MK. Neither my husband or I smoke, so we don't know anything about the smoking rules or designated areas. Can someone enlighten me?
Thanks!

There are designated smoking areas in the parks. I don't know where they're all at. There's one at DHS near the big hat I think. On site Hotel rooms are all non smoking I believe.

There are designated areas in each park, resort and other area (such as dtd and such).

I know for sure there is one smoking area in Adventureland directly across from Aloha Isle.

Aside from that, no idea, but they are all marked on the park maps!!

Smoking is allowed in designated areas only. The areas I know of are:

Right across from Aloha Isle (where you get Dole Whips!)

Down past BTMM (nice shady area)

Near the restrooms in Tomorrowland near Space Mountain.

When you go, grab a map as smoking areas will be marked on there.

Yep, grab a map. There are enough spots that he won't have a problem. DS smoked in every park at a rate of about a zillion smokes a day (ok, well, it seemed like that) and managed fine! :)

Here you go, an interactive map of all the Disney areas with smoking areas marked :)

Smoking Areas

The last time we were there (a few years ago) my mom was using the e-cigs, and she "vaped" all around the parks. Out of the week we were there, at all 4 Disney parks plus Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal, only one employee said anything to her, and that was a real grumpy woman at AK. I think she was just looking for someone to yell at. Granted she wasn't using them in queues or inside the show areas where we were in forced close proximity to other people, but just walking around on the sidewalks she was. If your brother uses those, they're a little easier to deal with (no 20 minute smoke breaks every 30 minutes :rotfl2:)

There are designated areas in each park, resort and other area (such as dtd and such).

I know for sure there is one smoking area in Adventureland directly across from Aloha Isle.

Aside from that, no idea, but they are all marked on the park maps!!

I remember the Adventureland area as tried to have a Dole Whip and the designated area was busy.

The one that used to be near the wishing well and near Merida's queue has been moved (probably temporarily) to the other side of the castle down about midway between where Fairy Godmother meets and Sleepy Hollow. (Because the other walkway has been blocked for refurbishment.)

The other smoking areas are down where the umbrellas are in front of the Plaza restaurant. The long walkway between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland (behind Barnstormer's line.) Across from Aloha Isle (Dole whips!)

Here you go, an interactive map of all the Disney areas with smoking areas marked :)

Smoking Areas

The last time we were there (a few years ago) my mom was using the e-cigs, and she "vaped" all around the parks. Out of the week we were there, at all 4 Disney parks plus Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Universal, only one employee said anything to her, and that was a real grumpy woman at AK. I think she was just looking for someone to yell at. Granted she wasn't using them in queues or inside the show areas where we were in forced close proximity to other people, but just walking around on the sidewalks she was. If your brother uses those, they're a little easier to deal with (no 20 minute smoke breaks every 30 minutes :rotfl2:)

I don't know that it's written anywhere, but I have heard from several CMs that e-cigs and anything that looks like you're smoking (vaping?) must be used in designated smoking areas. It's because if it looks like you're smoking, someone who uses real cigarettes may think it's ok to smoke anywhere, so the reasoning goes.

I don't know that it's written anywhere, but I have heard from several CMs that e-cigs and anything that looks like you're smoking (vaping?) must be used in designated smoking areas. It's because if it looks like you're smoking, someone who uses real cigarettes may think it's ok to smoke anywhere, so the reasoning goes.

This is correct. Management has instructed CM's to enforce that, basically for the reason that you stated.

It's pretty easy to tell where the DS areas are. They're on the map but even if you don't have one you will see a trash can with an ashtray built into the top of it and there are signs.

Smoking Areas

Ecigs are only to be used in DSA's at WDW. I can't speak for Sea World, Busch Gardens or Universal.

I don't smoke and really don't like the smell of cigarettes but what other people do is not my problem so this is not an anti-smoking rant. But, I am glad to see a policy for e-cigs in place at Disney World. They do look like real cigarettes and I had the unfortunate situation of being with someone who is allergic to the cigarette smoke (or so she thinks but she overreacts quite often) and went a bit crazy in a restaurant (not Disney) and was demanding someone with an e-cig be asked to leave the restaurant. I think having the same guidelines for something that looks like a cigarette is a good idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter