Smokey Illuminations view from ROSE AND CROWN?

jillyjill

Earning My Ears
IS there a strong chance that my view from my Rose and Crown table or patron viewing spot may be smokey from the explosions during Illuminations? Do winds usually blow the smoke southeastern towards the England?

OR is it just one of the many possibiliites depending on the weather that day?

Anyone know one way or the other? Just want to be prepared if it's normal. Wouldn't want to expect clear sailing if it usually isn't.

Thanks JJ:surfweb:

Same here, I watched Illuminations from Rose and Crown twice, and the view was perfectly clear both times. It wasn't a windy night the more recent time, and I don't believe the other time was either. So I don't know for sure if it's a "depending on the weathr" thing, but when I went it was clear, and I have not heard complaints from anyone else that I know of who's done that. I'd reccomend it!

It simply depends upon the wind direction and speed.
. . . you could have a clear view
. . . you could get smoke, ashes and smells

Rusty is right...
We have had incredible no smoke, no ash views from the patio....then, I have also ended up with ash and cinder in my hard cider. That does not make for a happy girl! It is a gamble, but worth it no matter what, IMHO!

I agree. We've watched Illuminations from just about every place in World Showcase and it all depends on the weather for what direction the smoke goes and also how low it hangs. We've been lucky with the times we watched from the Rose and Crown patio, but I don't think I'd want to still be eating dinner when things get started.

Besides the seating area on the patio, you have the patron area behind the outdoor bar, the V.I.P. area on the walkway going down to the right behing the walk-up counter and, if you're in the right place at the right time, you can get randomly picked for a pass for the benches down by the lake below the V.I.P. area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter