Smokers opinions only please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both DH and I used the contact us on DCL website. He just sent his in before I sent mine. Hopefully we will get a reply soon, but if I get two form letters I will be pissed.

I sent my letter via the address on the website, and I too received the EXACT same letter.
I had even stated in my original letter that I knew I'd be receiving a form letter from them.

The reply came from:
dcl.reservations@disneycruise.com and the contact name was Kaylee.

I sent mine through as a reservation question, because I have a cruise booked that I'm canceling today.

My thoughts still keep going back to when DCL tried to change the carry-on policy for alcohol, with short notice. They got enough complaints that they didn't change the policy at all.

I just wonder why DCL feels, and obviously all of the non-smokers on the DIS feel, that it's okay for the smoking ban to become effective so soon, but it WASN'T okay for the alcohol thing. :confused3

Maybe that tells me something about Disney cruisers that most people only say about those "drunken Carnival cruisers". :lmao::lmao:

Both DH and I used the contact us on DCL website. He just sent his in before I sent mine. Hopefully we will get a reply soon, but if I get two form letters I will be pissed.

You'll probably get the same form letter. Thank you for letting me know, I wonder if I will get the same response.

But like some, this will be the last DCL cruise we take. I'll be sure to voice my opinions again on the comment card after the cruise.

Here's my advice, take it with a grain of salt if you want. I don't exactly know if Disney allows smoking in the clubs, but try to make the best out of a bad situation. If they allow it in the clubs, go to the clubs. If they only allow it on the decks, see if you can befriend some of the other smokers and go for a smoke together. If all else fails, wait until you are off the ship in port and smoke to your heart's content.

No smoking indoors anywhere at all. Just out in the hot sun.

I sent it through the contact link on the DCL website. I had tried to find out if there was a better place to send it but that was the only email contact info I was given. I upset as I was to receive my stock response from Kaylee, it is really upsetting me that it appears Disney cares so little.

Has anyone asked dcl if the change was due to complaints or insurance issues?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The emails from DCL that we're receiving back are saying it was due to passenger feedback. In other words, complaints.

Hmmmm....Why would e-cigs be outlawed since it's just water vaper ? I have a friend who has smoked her e-cigs in the restroom on an airplane and no one was the wiser. I guess smoking within the ship cabin with an e-cig could be the answer for smokers?

I sent it through the contact link on the DCL website. I had tried to find out if there was a better place to send it but that was the only email contact info I was given. I upset as I was to receive my stock response from Kaylee, it is really upsetting me that it appears Disney cares so little.

I emailed them also no response

DH did have a different ending which said: We hope these concerns will not affect your regard for Disney. There is magic in the Disney name, and we hope to sail with you and your family in the near future.

Well it seems to me that the magic is for only the complainers, They really took the magic out of my cruise.

I do have an e-cig so I will be using that on our balcony. I usually only use it when I have to drive long trips in my parents car.

DH and I are smokers and take exception to this new rule and also to the "shorts in the dining room" issue also. First, the no smoking on verandas: We've paid a lot of money for this cruise with our entire family in veranda cabines($22K) and believe if we smoke on the veranda so be it. We are considerate of our neighbors and do not smoke when someone else is out on theirs, provide our own ashtray and clean up after ourselves (I carry ziploc bags for the remanents so no smell). I know not every one is so inclined. As to shorts in the dining rooms, well, Disney is one of THE MOST elegant ships on the seas and I belive people should dress accordingly. If you want to wear shorts, which IMO is very casual, you should look to the part of the ship that caters to the casual crowd. I'm not saying you should wear tuxes and evening gowns, but it is nice to see people without flip-flops and shirt tails.

Here is my question, How long before we see the same response that was realized in New York. They petitioned to have the bars made non-smoking and was received with great applause. Then the complaints began rolling in that people could no longer walk down the once "smoke free" streets in front of the bars because they were now crowded with the smokers that were no longer welcome to smoke inside.

People just seem to never be content. Smokers seem to be the 3rd class citizens of the US.

Maybe Disney should just start offering completely hypo-alergetic cruises seeing how many of the people are posting about how allergic they are to everything. Ban perfume, body oder, etc!

Is it just me or is there a large amount if people "allergic" to smoke on this board....

I've done some research, and have found that it is physically impossible to be "allergic" to cigarette smoke.
Cigarette smoke is an IRRITANT, but not an ALLERGEN.

When I've stated that on the DIS, many people come back with "Well, my doctor said I was".....and I'm sure that the doctor probably did, but it's just easier for them to say that, hand over pills or whatever and move on to the next patient.

Drives me nuts.

I do, however, understand that for people who have compromised lungs, asthma, etc...the smoke can be a real problem. But I've always thought of it as THEIR problem. Just as anyone with a severe illness or allergy needs to be responsible for their own welfare. If you know you'll get sick if someone smokes next to you, then don't book a balcony. Take care of yourself.

I'm sick to death of the whole attitude of people nowadays who want to blame someone else for everything bad that happens to them, yet take no personal responsibility.:sad2:

Yes concierges are on higher decks and I agree that would be unfair to those people. It was just an example of perhaps designating a certain deck to be smoking; honestly even being a smoker I will live with not being able to smoke on my balcony. We aren't in the room all that long anyway. I just thought there could have been some kind of compromise rather than just doing away with it all together.

DH did have a different ending which said: We hope these concerns will not affect your regard for Disney. There is magic in the Disney name, and we hope to sail with you and your family in the near future.

Well it seems to me that the magic is for only the complainers, They really took the magic out of my cruise.

I do have an e-cig so I will be using that on our balcony. I usually only use it when I have to drive long trips in my parents car.

They certainly removed the magic in their response to me. I too smoke e-cigs and since Disney including my e-cig in the policy I have decided to make my October Cruise my last Disney Cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter