smoker in room next door

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the fine $250 per day if you continue smoking or just $250 for the entire stay? If you are fined $250 no matter how many times you smoke in the room, some people might just decide to keep smoking after they've been caught since they're going to have to pay anyway.

I actually thought the discussion was staying pretty civil.

You are a considerate smoker.:thumbsup2

agree

and

agree

I was wondering about the fine too. If it is a one time fine then what do they have to be concerned about the rest of their stay..........

I believe the fine is "per incident" but the offender (or anyone) still could have decided that it was worth it to them to to pay it up until the point that it really hurt them before changing their behavior.

I could be wrong on that though, because I think the paperwork calls it a "cleaning fee".

We had this happen at Pop in May 2008. Our first morning, we were getting ready and the bathroom just filled with cig smoke. I don't like to make a fuss, but hubby was upset and told mgmt. They brought in an air purifier and the room was fresh and clean when we returned from the parks...until the next morning!! My hubby complained again, and since we were on the 2nd floor, they couldn't pinpoint who it was so they offered to move us. At that point I was upset because we were ready to leave for DHS, had two kids in the stroller ready to go. But DH and MIL went with mgmt, grabbed all of our stuff and got us moved in about 15 minutes-to POOLSIDE (we'd already paid preferred)!! I loved it! No more smoke and I will request poolside from now on! :love:

Wow, that's a rotten situation. But I think Disney handled it well. They took your complaint, checked it out and helped you move to another room.
OP said it herself, I can understand Disney not moving voilator, why smoke up another room.
Maybe they could have gotten a nicer room but it's not like it was Disney's fault.
I don't understand the people here who find this a reason to complain about Disney.
We have no idea what Disney did the the violator and OP problem was solved.

I am the orginial OP. I find it a reason to complain because it is a safety issue and rule breaking. The safety aspect : catching the room on fire and my family is right next door and then moved 6 doors down while these people remained in their room still posing a safety threat to other guests. Rule breaking: I am sure Disney pays a lesser insurance premium for nonsmoking rooms. PLus, there is designated areas for smokers. I am a cancer survivor , five years now, and I want to remain that way.

If Disney advertises their hotel rooms to be smoke-free, then they should indeed be smoke-free, and they should enforce that rule.

If Disney advertises their hotel rooms to be smoke-free, then they should indeed be smoke-free, and they should enforce that rule.

Absolutely. They can't stop at putting it on the brochure so it looks nice. People will break rules, and when they do, they should be punished. Who cares if they don't like it, or say bad things about Disney? This thread shows that it works both ways, and there's something to be said about doing the right thing regardless of what people in the wrong might spread around.

In my opinion, they need to do more than slap perpetrators on the wrist while inconveniencing the already-inconvenienced. Notify guests of the rules and the consequences, and evict them without compensation when they break them. I couldn't care less about their inconvenience, no matter how significant; that's the price you pay for doing something you've been given fair warning not to do.

Disney, go out of your way to protect responsible and considerate guests, and it will do more good than harm to your reputation.

Excuse me. Let me clarify: ALL DISNEY RESORT ROOMS AND BUILDINGS are supposed to entirely smoke-free.

Note, please, I'm not talking about the 43 square mile Walt Disney World Resort; I thought "all Disney resorts" was specific enough - especially since this is the Resorts board.
My point is that as long as smoking is allowed on resort or park property their not smoke free. Its misleading as there are resorts in the US that are truly smoke free. Their not putting forth the committment or effort to be a true smoke-free resort or park. There are clearly things outside the control of Disney that includes its guest and weather (wind, inversions, etc), but their policies allow smoking on property. Disney cannot control where the smoke goes or ends up. Disney is actually a smoke designated destination, not smoke free.

I wouldn't give all smokers a bad name. Most of us follow the rules, and only smoke in the designated areas. Even though I smoke, I would be highly upset that my room smelled like smoke. I can't sleep or eat around the smell of smoke. I also would not want to be the one accused of smoking in my room, when I don't. Disney should be enforcing their rules, and I would have demanded more than just being moved down the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter