Smirnoff Ice is not beer but packaged like beer - can it be brought onboard?

Msbmommy99

Earning My Ears
I do not drink beer. I wanted to know if anyone had brought on Smirnoff Ice. I want to follow the rules so please let me know.

Unfortunately not. Even though it's premixed and in a single-serve bottle, it's still classified as hard liquor.

Smirnoff Ice is a malt beverage. Since it doesn't contain hard liquor, you may be able to bring it on. It will depend on the person screening the beverages. If you encounter someone who is picky, they would be following policy to not allow it since it isn't labelled as a "beer". But if you encounter someone more lenient, they might recognize it isn't hard liquor and is similar to beer as a malt beverage and therefore let it pass. It's your call whether you want to try it or not as long as you understand it may be taken and held for you until the end of the cruise.

ETA: Just wanted to add that my experience has been the screeners have not opened my bags to inspect the bottles. I bring one or two bottles of wine on at embarkation and they've never batted an eye. Only once did a screener ask me "is that a bottle of wine in your bag?" I said yes, and they waved me by. One cruise I brought one bottle of wine for myself and a 6 pack of beer for my dad. We were going through security together and the wine and beer were in the same roller bag. They didn't open the bag to check the beer bottles. That's not say they never open bags to check the beverage labels, but there's a chance they will see 6 bottles and assume it's beer.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter