• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

Love your Osborne Lights photos. Never seen it in person (we've never gone during holida season) and now maybe never will get to see it as there are rumors it is going away due to DHS expansions. Oh well, will live vicariously through you and other DISers :goodvibes

Happy for you that you got all the FP+ you wanted and at the times you wanted - that is pretty huge!

We didn't do a whole Disney movie weekend thing - but with the weather we had on Sunday we did do Family Movie afternoon watching Big Hero 6 :thumbsup2

I really hope the rumors aren't true! The lights are so amazing and it would be a shame to get rid of them!

Ah I still have to see Big Hero 6!! Sounds like a great way to spend a snowy day :)

Great Osborne Lights pictures!! I am really sad we missed that this year. But just means we need to go again!
Love all the photopass pictures of the three of you!

Thank you! An excuse for a future trip is never a bad thing ;)

That light show is really cool....sigh...I wish I had more Disney time...

The Osborne Lights are fantastic! I agree, so much Disney stuff to do/see and not enough time for it all!!

Day 4 - Fantasmic!

We got into the ampitheater around 7:35 and sat in the Sebastian section. We definitely didn't need the FP because it was nowhere near crowded, BUT I'm still glad we had them as we got some really nice seats!

I love Fantasmic and it's a total must-do for me. Last trip my parents liked it but I could tell they weren't crazy about it. This trip they both agreed that they enjoyed it much more! I think last time my dad got a little uncomfortable sitting and waiting for such a long time, especially since those seats aren't the comfiest. And my mom said she thinks it's because our seats had a better view this time. I'm so glad they added this extra showing and that we all enjoyed it (and didn't have to line up super early for it)!

After the show was over, the park was already closed so everyone was heading towards the exit. We stopped in one of the gift shops for a few minutes before heading to the buses! And I demonstrated awesome self-control by not buying these cuties ;)

We got back to the hotel around 10 and I couldn't resist one more snack for the night :)

Up next...A day without rope drop!

Beautiful pictures from Fantasmic!

I'm glad you got such good seats using the FP. Jim and I used FPs last October and our seats were way over to the far left of the theater. Looks like they moved the FP section closer to the middle now.

I was really glad to see Mickey on top of the mountain! That part of the show was missing for some reason in December. :confused3

I admire your restraint in not buying one of the Christmas plush! I'm pretty sure I would not have had that problem. :rotfl:

Yum, Mickey ice cream! Sigh, now I want one of those.

Great Fantasmic pictures! I wanted that Christmas Mickey and Minnie when I saw them too. And also had to use some self control not to get them. :rotfl:

Those are really great Fantasmic! pictures - definitely one of my favorites! Glad to hear your parents enjoyed it this time.

Ok, now I want an ice cream sandwich

I am very appreciative that they finally included an actual Fantasmic FP section now, and it's half decent too. It definitely makes getting one a lot better.

Your pics of Fantastic are great Alexis. I love that show and I agree, an absolute must do for me. So nice to hear the folks liked it more this time. It is a chore to see it, but for me, so worth it.

WOW...those are AWESOME pictures of Fantasmic. We've not seen it since 2012 so I want to try and get back to see it this year. It is my second favorite (nothing will ever take number one over my beloved Wishes). I'm glad your parents enjoyed it more this time.

I don't think I would have had your willpower...I think those cuties would have gone home with me.

Great Fantasmic pictures! And I love that there is a reserved FP+ area. I was thinking of doing the dining package next trip to make sure we got seats but now I may just use a FP+!

Yay for being under the 90 day mark!! I'm excited for you!

You're Fantasmic pictures are great! What type of camera are you using?

Love your Osborne Lights pictures! So pretty! And love the Olaf magic shot! :)

Great choices for your upcoming FP+'s! :)

Love all of the Fantasmic pictures! Believe it or not, we have yet to see this. :( I have the young kids with me and we never make it this late. Hopefully next trip! :)

Beautiful pictures from Fantasmic!

I'm glad you got such good seats using the FP. Jim and I used FPs last October and our seats were way over to the far left of the theater. Looks like they moved the FP section closer to the middle now.

I was really glad to see Mickey on top of the mountain! That part of the show was missing for some reason in December. :confused3

I admire your restraint in not buying one of the Christmas plush! I'm pretty sure I would not have had that problem. :rotfl:

Yum, Mickey ice cream! Sigh, now I want one of those.

Thank you! I was very pleased with our seats, especially since it was such a last minute FP grab. Mickey was missing from the top of the mountain, how weird?!

Haha I really wanted those plush, but knew I would not have the room for them!

Ugh, I am always craving mickey ice cream!!

Great Fantasmic pictures! I wanted that Christmas Mickey and Minnie when I saw them too. And also had to use some self control not to get them. :rotfl:

Thank you! Haha, weren't they just the cutest?!

Those are really great Fantasmic! pictures - definitely one of my favorites! Glad to hear your parents enjoyed it this time.

Ok, now I want an ice cream sandwich

Thank you! I'm glad they did too!

Haha I could definitely go for one of those sandwiches too!

I am very appreciative that they finally included an actual Fantasmic FP section now, and it's half decent too. It definitely makes getting one a lot better.

Your pics of Fantastic are great Alexis. I love that show and I agree, an absolute must do for me. So nice to hear the folks liked it more this time. It is a chore to see it, but for me, so worth it.

Thank you so much! Fantasmic is such a great show, despite the hassle it can be to get seats (if you don't have a FP for it). I was really glad my parents enjoyed it this time around too.

Great pics!! I love Fantasmic. Also want a Mickey Ice cream sandwich now :)

Thanks so much!

WOW...those are AWESOME pictures of Fantasmic. We've not seen it since 2012 so I want to try and get back to see it this year. It is my second favorite (nothing will ever take number one over my beloved Wishes). I'm glad your parents enjoyed it more this time.

I don't think I would have had your willpower...I think those cuties would have gone home with me.

Thank you so much! I hope you get around to seeing it again this year! And I agree, nothing tops Wishes ;)

Those stuffies were seriously the cutest!

Great Fantasmic pictures! And I love that there is a reserved FP+ area. I was thinking of doing the dining package next trip to make sure we got seats but now I may just use a FP+!

Thank you! I was pleased with having the FP and definitely think it can be worth it!

Yay for being under the 90 day mark!! I'm excited for you!

You're Fantasmic pictures are great! What type of camera are you using?

I am very excited! And thank you! My camera is nothing fancy by any means, it's a Nikon CoolPix S9400. But it works for me and I'm pretty pleased with the quality of the pictures it takes :)

Love your Osborne Lights pictures! So pretty! And love the Olaf magic shot! :)

Great choices for your upcoming FP+'s! :)

Love all of the Fantasmic pictures! Believe it or not, we have yet to see this. :( I have the young kids with me and we never make it this late. Hopefully next trip! :)

Thank you!

Omgosh you have to see Fantasmic at some point. It's really a great show and you have to see it at least once!

Day 5 - A Relaxing Morning + Magic Kingdom

Today was our relaxation morning! Apparently I was so relaxed I didn't take ANY notes :rotfl:

I don't think we slept very late. We're normally all early risers, but it was nice to not have to rush to the park! I think we may have gotten breakfast at the food court and then just came back and laid around and took turns taking showers!

We were at the bus stop by around 12:15 and headed for another day at MK! We arrived around 12:45 and stopped to take some pics in front of the train station. I was sporting my newly purchased Christmas ears today :)

Mickey of course wanted to photo bomb...

The first thing we decided to do was meet Tink at her new location in TST! The posted wait was 10 minutes, which was pretty accurate! The area is cute and themed like her old location. I do wish she still met with a friend though!

And of course a selfie (the first of many on this day)!

When we got out, Marie was going to be coming out for her set so we got in line and were the third group waiting. I absolutely love meeting Marie and she was super cuddly and complimented me on my ears :)

Up next..More characters and a view from the train station

Sometimes it's nice to just be lazy!

Cute pictures with Tink and Marie. I haven't meet Marie yet, I need to make sure and do that next time!

What a nice start to the day. A little relaxation, some breakfast in bed and then hitting a park. What cute pictures with Tink and Marie. I miss Marie not being at Epcot.

Hmmm, I guess if non note taking is a sign of relaxation, I must REALLY have relaxing trips, lol.

As much as I enjoy a good rope drop, I'm becoming more and more ok with later starts. I'm still usually up, but it's nice to take advantage of the resort a little. Plus, FP+ helps a bit too.

Maybe that's why Tink's wait time has dropped so much. There's no bonus fairy anymore.

Oh I love that selfie photo with Marie. Just too cute.

Yay relaxation mornings! I need those for sure on any vacation, otherwise it feels like you're just running around all of the time. It is nice not to have to rush to a park. On longer trips, like 9 or 10 days, I plan a day off at like day 5. We don't go to a park at all generally, so that we feel really relaxed.

Awww, I love Marie! And your selfie with Marie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter