• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Smile like you're massaging my feet!" A Nov '14 TR! *Updated 6/17 & 6/18- NEW TR LINK POSTED*

It sounds like you did have a relaxing morning - it's so nice to have one morning in the middle of your trip where you don't have to rush to park opening. Even though we're not doing any party/special event next trip, I'm planning a day off - no parks just the pool and maybe DTD.

Cute meets at MK! I never saw Marie out last trip but I really hope I get to meet her next time!

Sometimes it's nice to just be lazy!

Cute pictures with Tink and Marie. I haven't meet Marie yet, I need to make sure and do that next time!

It really was nice to not have to rush! Thanks! Marie is a fun meet!

What a nice start to the day. A little relaxation, some breakfast in bed and then hitting a park. What cute pictures with Tink and Marie. I miss Marie not being at Epcot.

It was a great start to the day! Thanks! I never got to meet Marie in Epcot but I agree that it would be nice if she still met there!

Hmmm, I guess if non note taking is a sign of relaxation, I must REALLY have relaxing trips, lol.

As much as I enjoy a good rope drop, I'm becoming more and more ok with later starts. I'm still usually up, but it's nice to take advantage of the resort a little. Plus, FP+ helps a bit too.

Maybe that's why Tink's wait time has dropped so much. There's no bonus fairy anymore.

Oh I love that selfie photo with Marie. Just too cute.

FP+ really is good in the sense that if you can't make a rope drop you can still guarantee getting on some of the headliners!

It's so crazy how significantly shorter Tink's wait is now, but it definitely must have something to do with her lack of friends!

Very cute Tink and Marie pics! I love all of the selfies! :)

Thank you! :)

VERY cute ears!

Thanks! :)

Yay relaxation mornings! I need those for sure on any vacation, otherwise it feels like you're just running around all of the time. It is nice not to have to rush to a park. On longer trips, like 9 or 10 days, I plan a day off at like day 5. We don't go to a park at all generally, so that we feel really relaxed.

Awww, I love Marie! And your selfie with Marie.

I've definitely learned that you NEED some down time on a Disney trip or you will completely run yourself ragged!

Thank you! :)

It sounds like you did have a relaxing morning - it's so nice to have one morning in the middle of your trip where you don't have to rush to park opening. Even though we're not doing any party/special event next trip, I'm planning a day off - no parks just the pool and maybe DTD.

Cute meets at MK! I never saw Marie out last trip but I really hope I get to meet her next time!

A "down time" day can be so necessary on some trips and I've definitely recently become an advocate for it!

Thanks! If you spend your day in the heart of the park, you sometimes forget to head back to Main Street/Town Square because you're so busy doing rides. But there are so many characters who meet in Town Square that I really appreciated being able to spend a good chunk of time there!

Day 5 - Magic Kingdom Continued

We then decided to head up to the train station to enjoy the view and take some pictures!

I loved this tree they had up there, the decorations were so cute.

When we came down, Mary was out meeting with the Penguins so we decided to hop in line (Mary Poppins count up to 2..will we still decide to meet her at MVMCP?!)

I've never met the Penguins before so this was fun! Mary introduced them as "Mr. Penguin and Mr. Penguin" so I asked her how she's able to tell them apart and she quickly responded with "By how they dance of course!" and one of them started to dance, it was too cute!

I kept scoping out the line for Aurora, but it always seemed a little long. She was still meeting after we were done with Mary so my parents encouraged me to just wait in line while they went to use the restroom. A good choice it was, I ended up being the last person in line before it was cut! When my parents came out of the restroom to see if I was in line, the attendant was nice enough to let them in with me. The line moved pretty fast. Before it was our turn to go, a Make A Wish Family came by and the attendant asked if it would be ok if they skipped in front of us. Polite of them to ask but OF COURSE it was ok..I certainly hope no one ever says no in a situation like that.

Finally we were meeting Aurora, and she was PERFECT. We took some shots and then my parents joined in and then I couldn't resist getting a selfie!

I then asked if it would be possible for her to say hello to someone back home (My upcoming travel buddy Liz actually! Aurora is her fave!) and she recorded such an amazing and personal message for her! Needless to say, Liz loved it!

I was so thrilled with how much time Aurora spent with us! The interaction was never rushed, even though we were her last group and I'm sure she was ready for her break. And considering we were 3 adults she really made us feel just as special as if we were kids! I'm so glad we ended up getting in line to meet her!

So it was about 2 o'clock and we already did 4 characters greets in a little over an hour! I would say that's pretty efficient!

Breakfast was wearing off though and we needed some food in our bellies! Casey's was a homerun (hahaha :rotfl2:) for Dad last trip so we of course had to make a return there. My parents both got hot dogs while I opted for the corn dog nuggets. We got a table outside and even though the walls were up, we still had a glimpse of the castle!

Once we were done it was around 2:30 and we decided we definitely were going to see Festival Of Fantasy again! I wanted to try and see it on Main Street and even though it was going to be a while before the parade reached there, we found some curb in front of the Cinema and plopped down to wait! It was nice to relax and just sit on Main Street. It's so easy, especially for me, to always want to be rushing around, doing as much as possible. Sometimes you need to just have some time to sit and soak in all the magic! We saw the Dapper Dans, some CMs playing with hula hoops with kids, and lots of balloons!

Up next...Festival of Fantasy AGAIN!

I really need to go up on the Train Station more often, the view is beautiful from up there, especially the one of Pluto. :rotfl:

Awww, the Penguins are too cute! I've met Mary and Bert but not the Penguins.

What an awesome meet with Aurora, glad she did the video for your friend.

Mmmmmmmm, Casey's! Now I'm drooling on my keyboard. :rotfl2:

Such fun!
That is awesome that you got to meet the penguins!How cool!
And what a great meet with Aurora.

What a fun day. I always forget to go up to the train station and get photos...thanks for the reminder.

I love that you saw Mary Poppins AND the Penguins. We met Mary Poppins for the first time last year and, like you, they asked to let someone in front of us (it was older special needs patients in wheelchairs); kind to ask but would never say no.

And it looks like a wonderful meet with Aurora. Love that you took another selfie.

I may have to try Casey's again. The one and only time we ate there (maybe ten years ago), I got such heartburn from the hot dog. :(

:goodvibesreally nice pictures from up on the Train Station!

How cool to meet not only Mr. Penguin, but also Mr. Penguin!!!! ;)

um, really - how could some one not let a Make a Wish family in front of them? Though, probably just easier for them to ask and explain the situation - just probably makes things go smoother

Sometimes you need to just have some time to sit and soak in all the magic!
Some of the best Disney moments are when you do that. Traveling with young kids has forced us to do it more and it is such a blessing in disguise and we have wound up doing a bunch of stuff we probably would have skipped that turned out to be some of our best memories.

I need to go up to the Train Station more often. My goodness the view up there is so breaktaking.

Awww I've met Mary a few times but have yet to even see the Penguins. Too cute.

Can you even imagine someone objecting to a Make A Wish family cutting the line???? I would seriously lose it I think. Not a lot of things truly get to me, but that would set me off.

That Mickey wreath in the background with Aurora is precious. That's a great idea getting a little video for your friend to totally set the table for your upcoming trip.

I truly appreciate your just sitting and relaxing to wait for the parade. Main Street is especially great for this, just so much going on, it's never boring.

I really need to go up on the Train Station more often, the view is beautiful from up there, especially the one of Pluto. :rotfl:

Awww, the Penguins are too cute! I've met Mary and Bert but not the Penguins.

What an awesome meet with Aurora, glad she did the video for your friend.

Mmmmmmmm, Casey's! Now I'm drooling on my keyboard. :rotfl2:

It's such a nice view and usually not crowded up there! Great for Pluto spotting :)

The penguins are adorable, I'm glad Mary meets with them!

I could go for some Casey's too!

Such fun!
That is awesome that you got to meet the penguins!How cool!
And what a great meet with Aurora.

Thank you! A lot of fun meets :)

What a fun day. I always forget to go up to the train station and get photos...thanks for the reminder.

I love that you saw Mary Poppins AND the Penguins. We met Mary Poppins for the first time last year and, like you, they asked to let someone in front of us (it was older special needs patients in wheelchairs); kind to ask but would never say no.

And it looks like a wonderful meet with Aurora. Love that you took another selfie.

I may have to try Casey's again. The one and only time we ate there (maybe ten years ago), I got such heartburn from the hot dog. :(

I love going up to the train station, it's usually so quiet!

I would definitely say to give Casey's another try! Maybe the heartburn was a one time thing!

:goodvibesreally nice pictures from up on the Train Station!

How cool to meet not only Mr. Penguin, but also Mr. Penguin!!!! ;)

um, really - how could some one not let a Make a Wish family in front of them? Though, probably just easier for them to ask and explain the situation - just probably makes things go smoother

Some of the best Disney moments are when you do that. Traveling with young kids has forced us to do it more and it is such a blessing in disguise and we have wound up doing a bunch of stuff we probably would have skipped that turned out to be some of our best memories.

Thanks!

Haha it was definitely such an honor to meet 2 Mr. Penguins!!

I agree, sometimes you have to divert from your set plans and remember to just enjoy what's around you!

I need to go up to the Train Station more often. My goodness the view up there is so breaktaking.

Awww I've met Mary a few times but have yet to even see the Penguins. Too cute.

Can you even imagine someone objecting to a Make A Wish family cutting the line???? I would seriously lose it I think. Not a lot of things truly get to me, but that would set me off.

That Mickey wreath in the background with Aurora is precious. That's a great idea getting a little video for your friend to totally set the table for your upcoming trip.

I truly appreciate your just sitting and relaxing to wait for the parade. Main Street is especially great for this, just so much going on, it's never boring.

SUCH a perfect and peaceful view from up there!

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone ever saying no to a make a wish family! Hopefully that never happens!

You're right Rob, Main Street is NEVER boring! I'm glad we were able to stop and enjoy it for a little bit :)

What a great view from the train station! I've heard lots of people set up there to view FOF too - I need to make it up there next trip!

Fun meets again! Love the shots of you and Mary...and Mr. Penguin...and Mr. Penguin!

Great Aurora pictures too! That's so great that she took up so much time with you!

I love the atmosphere on Main Street. It sounds like a pretty relaxing afternoon - Casey's and the Dapper Dans - perfect combination!

The pictures you got from the Train Station are gorgeous!

Thank you very much!

What a great view from the train station! I've heard lots of people set up there to view FOF too - I need to make it up there next trip!

Fun meets again! Love the shots of you and Mary...and Mr. Penguin...and Mr. Penguin!

Great Aurora pictures too! That's so great that she took up so much time with you!

I love the atmosphere on Main Street. It sounds like a pretty relaxing afternoon - Casey's and the Dapper Dans - perfect combination!

Yes- it's such a spectacular spot!

Thank you! It was a great afternoon for meeting characters.

It definitely was a relaxing and enjoyable afternoon :)

Day 5 - Festival of Fantasy Again!

Eventually the parade music could be heard in the distance as it made its way towards Main Street! If I thought I loved this parade a few days ago, I loved it even MORE today. I definitely think there's something special about watching a parade from Main Street! And now, more FOF picture spam!!

Alexis, you are making me so depressed that I missed this parade in September. I may just insist on seeing it in May, July AND October to make up for it. And that picture of Mickey and Minnie that your mom got...priceless.

Alexis, I feel the same way and I am admittedly shocked my it. I'm loving FoF more every time I see it. I never thought a parade, let alone a daytime parade, would affect me like that.

Awww Ariel!!!

You got some nice character interaction going on there.

Honestly I can't believe that a parade has become must do for me, but it has. And that last pic of Mickey and Minnie... Precious!!

Beautiful, beautiful parade pictures! I love the two dragon shots with the fire and of course the Pluto one. I've never been a huge parade person but this one is now a must do for me.

I've been reading along and had to finally chime in and tell you what AMAZING photos you have, overall, but especially these FOF ones. In my mind, these are the photos I am taking when I go to Disney. Unfortunately, they don't seem to come out this way. Great job!

I got soooo behind, but I just spent some time catching up! I absolutely LOVE all of the character selfies. They look so fun! You had a really great group for Characterpalooza too. I'm a little jealous of Aladdin with Genie & Dopey! That's also great you were able to get into the second Fantasmic and that it was a better experience than before. I also totally don't blame you for falling in love with the O Lights. I feel sad for anyone who doesn't! They are so incredible!!

After getting to experience FoF, I am really looking forward to another long trip where we can see it more than once. It's just such an amazingly well done parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter