Smelly BWV studio

Jonell

DIS Veteran
Just back from our Mardi Gras week trip. We spent 7 nights at BWV studio #2085. I have read on here that a few guest had issues with rooms at BWV that smelled like mildew and so did we. When we checked into the room I did not notice the smell but only the smell of cleaners. The room was very clean but on the 2nd day it began to smell moldy in the room. Also the toilet overflowed the first time we flushed it and the shower/tub was difficult to turn off and leaked a small stream of water. The vanity sink was also slow to drain. I don't know if the plumbing issues had anything to do with the mildew smell. I did report all of this to the front desk. The toliet was taken care of but not the other issues. They offered to move us but I unpacked everything on the first day and we deceided that it was too much trouble to repack and move. The smell was not a big issue to us but it can be with ppl with allergies. Just thought I would let everyone know. Overall we had a fantasic trip. :goodvibes

Glad you were able to have a good trip, anyway! We recently stayed at BWV, and we had no issues. It is one of my new favorite resorts! Hopefully, they took your observations to heart and will get things fixed.

We were way down in room 2003 in a one bedroom from Monday to Thursday. I saw a CM walking down the hall with a plunger, and I thought "oh bummer". lol.

This was our first stay at BWV. While our room didn't smell bad, it definitely didn't smell new. But no complaints--knock on wood.

We couldn't believe how many Louisianans were escaping Mardi Gras. Some sweet little boy even gave me beads on the bus to MK Tuesday. :hippie:

Just back from our Mardi Gras week trip. We spent 7 nights at BWV studio #2085. I have read on here that a few guest had issues with rooms at BWV that smelled like mildew and so did we. When we checked into the room I did not notice the smell but only the smell of cleaners. The room was very clean but on the 2nd day it began to smell moldy in the room. Also the toilet overflowed the first time we flushed it and the shower/tub was difficult to turn off and leaked a small stream of water. The vanity sink was also slow to drain. I don't know if the plumbing issues had anything to do with the mildew smell. I did report all of this to the front desk. The toliet was taken care of but not the other issues. They offered to move us but I unpacked everything on the first day and we deceided that it was too much trouble to repack and move. The smell was not a big issue to us but it can be with ppl with allergies. Just thought I would let everyone know. Overall we had a fantasic trip. :goodvibes

Since it was Mardi Gras week, maybe they were trying to make the rooms smell like Bourbon Street.

We also had a mildew smell in our BWV studio. Overall, I did find the room a bit worn down but I would stay there again just for the beautiful location.

Our first DVC stay at BWV was last year in a studio. I can't remember the room number but we had the same smell. We've packed an air fresher ever since but haven't had the same problem. Our room two weeks ago did have an extremely slow sink drain. We told housekeeping but it didn't get fixed during our stay.

We too have had the smelly rooms, often they have been the room right next to the ice machines. I do have allergies and they have come in and ran a machine to clean the air which helped, but after a few days it came back. This has happened several times, but almost always when on the ground floor. We now ask for higher floor because of this issue.

The smell was not a big issue to us but it can be with ppl with allergies.

So true. I'm one of the allergic-types, and when our 2 bedroom at SSR was absolutely overwhelmingly mildewy, to where even the non-sensitives were bothered, we absolutely had to move.

The initial response was that they would send housekeeping to put air fresheners in the AC unit. That would have probably sent me to the hospital...mildew is horrid for me, fake fragrances are horrid for me...the combo? BAD. We moved instead. Moved the next day, which was a horrible decision in retrospect b/c my night was really REALLY bad

Anyway, I'm digressing, but yep, what you said is very true. And it's really important for those of us who are "sensitives" to go right back down to the front desk (don't call! you're getting a call center offsite!) and get that room changed for you, and marked for whatever needs to happen to make the room better. We actually ended up with the Housekeeping Manager at the mildew room, and he doubted us until I invited him to step in and sniff the air. He flipped out at how bad it was. I hope they fixed the problem!

I too had a mildew-y smelling studio on the 2nd floor overlooking the village green above the wyland gallery.

What is odd though is we had 2 studios right next to each other. One was perfect, the other smelled awful!

The combination of humidity and heat in FL are why I'm opposed to the "green" thermostats and fan switches that they've installed at the resorts. I'm worried this will become more and more of an issue.

We too have had the smelly rooms, often they have been the room right next to the ice machines. I do have allergies and they have come in and ran a machine to clean the air which helped, but after a few days it came back. This has happened several times, but almost always when on the ground floor. We now ask for higher floor because of this issue.[/QUOTE

Our smelly room was standard view studio, ground floor, next door to the ice machine :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter