SMASH thread!

*Spoiler Alert*

Did anyone else think it was so cliche that the girl who slept with the director got the part???

Did anyone else think it was so cliche that the girl who slept with the director got the part???
I don't think that's a spoiler (well, I guess it is if someone hasn't seen the ep yet). But, I don't think that's why she got the part. Ivy's experience was the difference.

I don't think that's a spoiler (well, I guess it is if someone hasn't seen the ep yet). But, I don't think that's why she got the part. Ivy's experience was the difference.

hmmmm, that raises the question of what type of experience, exactly....:rolleyes :rotfl: All kidding aside you are probably right, but I think it is planting a seed of self doubt in her...that she is going to start to disintergate because she is not going to know for sure if she is really good enough , if her sleeping w/him was the deciding factor etc. That gives them plenty of wiggle room to develop the more human side of Ivy, especially since we have alreday seen a lot of that side of Karen.

My prediction: I think Karen will get the part of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady(current sub plot).

I LOVED Smashed! Such a great change from all the reality junk on tv anymore (which I watch anyway :))...now I wish I'd watched Glee...may have to Hulu Plus to go back and watch them!

*Spoiler Alert*

I think it's going to blow up in her face eventually. Sure she was great but was she really better than Karen or did she get it because she slept with the director? I think they will make Karen the understudy. I also think it will come out that Ivy slept with him and it will make her look bad. I love Ivy but I love Karen more and think she should've got the part.

*Spoiler Alert*

I think its going to be some key element to the show, like she gets pregnant or something....

I think it's going to blow up in her face eventually. Sure she was great but was she really better than Karen or did she get it because she slept with the director? I think they will make Karen the understudy. I also think it will come out that Ivy slept with him and it will make her look bad. I love Ivy but I love Karen more and think she should've got the part.

Ivy has more experience and also looks more like the stereotype of MM.

My prediction: I think Karen will get the part of Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady(current sub plot).

:thumbsup2 I like that theory! Would definitely put a twist on things...but not sure since all the promos are about the Marilyn one :confused3

I think its going to be some key element to the show, like she gets pregnant or something....

This is good too....Karen is the understudy, who becomes the Star just in time for opening night because Ivy is 9 mo's along:rolleyes1 and wait...here's the best part...Debra Messing and her husband adopt Ivy's baby( she chooses career over family, being single , Not in love with the baby's father etc. and all) since their adoption plans have gone kinda haywire.

This is good too....Karen is the understudy, who becomes the Star just in time for opening night because Ivy is 9 mo's along:rolleyes1 and wait...here's the best part...Debra Messing and her husband adopt Ivy's baby( she chooses career over family, being single , Not in love with the baby's father etc. and all) since their adoption plans have gone kinda haywire.
The problem is Ivy would be showing WELL before the 9 month mark. I don't think someone who is obviously pregnant would still be cast for a Broadway show. :rotfl:

I like the adoption idea though.:thumbsup2

I love it!

That would be great!

I just watched this week's show and was also wondering what will happen with Karen. I was wondering if she would play "Norma Jeane" and then Ivy would take over as "Marilyn". It's going to be interesting to see how they continue to develop this series if they just follow one musical being developed - seems like a self-limiting plot.

I'm really wondering why they are playing up the adoption process so much if there isn't a subplot to go with it... ie Ivy's baby perhaps? I love intricate plots... :)

That would be great!

I just watched this week's show and was also wondering what will happen with Karen. I was wondering if she would play "Norma Jeane" and then Ivy would take over as "Marilyn". It's going to be interesting to see how they continue to develop this series if they just follow one musical being developed - seems like a self-limiting plot.

There was a movie where two characters played the Norma Jean and Marilyn parts. I think Ashley Judd and Mira Sorvino.

Thoughts on last nights episode? Here are mine...."what? Ellis is straight?" I didn't see that coming. I just assumed he was gay for some reason. I'm not really likeing his whole sneaking around stealing Julia's notebook self right now. Sure he came up with the idea of Marilyn but what is that really worth? Anyone can have an idea. Tom and Julia have done the work and turn the nothing idea into something. The eavesdropping isn't nice either.

Thoughts on last nights episode? Here are mine...."what? Ellis is straight?" I didn't see that coming. I just assumed he was gay for some reason. I'm not really likeing his whole sneaking around stealing Julia's notebook self right now. Sure he came up with the idea of Marilyn but what is that really worth? Anyone can have an idea. Tom and Julia have done the work and turn the nothing idea into something. The eavesdropping isn't nice either.

I agree with you. I thought Ellis was gay. :confused3 Regardless, he's a snake and very unlikeable character.

Since I know Debra Messing left her real-life DH for her on-screen flame in the show, I'm not loving that plot twist, either. Blech.

I'm loving Ellis! Yes, he's a snake, but personally I can't wait to see how he uses the info. I personally like him more than Julia. They mentioned My Fair Lady again, so I'm thinking that's going to come into play at some point. I'm really enjoying the show :)

I'm loving Ellis! Yes, he's a snake, but personally I can't wait to see how he uses the info. I personally like him more than Julia. They mentioned My Fair Lady again, so I'm thinking that's going to come into play at some point. I'm really enjoying the show :)

My guess is he will blackmail Julia using the info about her affair to get money from her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter