Smartmedia - professional photo printing

Mpet

Mouseketeer
You can never keep digital cameras off the boards for very long! LOL

A simple question - aside from Jessops, does anyone know of any other photo processors that will print from Smartmedia.

The reason I ask, is that I took 2 cards into Jessops - one they could read and one they couldn't. I can't find anything wrong with the one they had problems with - I can view it through the camera and download to my PC, but I wanted some 'professional' copies of the best shots.

Maxine

my local Kodak shops prints mine, and I think Boots can do them as well, although I'm not sure what Boots charge.

I think most independent photo shops can print them now

Bev

Our local Asda Superstore prints from any kind of media. You could take a CD to them and choose/edit on their PC which photos you want...go do your shopping whilst they print them on their professional printers. Its great.

Dave

Back to Jessops.

If you have a CDR then you can put all your shots onto a CD and they will print them from that.

It's 40 shots for £5.99 and I think 24p per print afterwards, so if you had a lot ( as i did ) just do a few CD's as it works out cheaper.

I have only just put mine in, so not sure what the pics will be like, but others have used them.

I did one CD as they were and with the other CD's I did all the cropping etc first and then put them it, so time will tell which will be best.

Frances x

jessops will also print them from the smart media card (I don't have a CDR - so I do like Frances, all the cropping etc so they are just as I want them, then write it back to the smart media card.)

If you have 80 pics, then they should charge you the £5.99x2, so you don't need to put them on 2 CD's but make sure you mention it in case you get a dizzy person who tries to charge you 24p each for the 2nd 40 - I have had it happen.

I have found if you crop them too much then the pics tend to come back a little grainy- but that could be my camera?

Bev

I got round my problem with Jessops (Their computer could not read one of my Smartmedia Cards), by transferring the photo's to CD.

I did try ringing round some other processing companies - Snappy Snaps print from Smart Media (although I don't know if it's all their branches), but I was happy with the quality of the first set of prints I received from Jessops, so stuck with them.

I will see if the quality is the same when I collect them tomorrow

Maxine

Bev, I have the same problem - every time I do anything to a photo, cut, crop, remove red eye (although for that I use paint instead) the photo loses some of its quality. I haven't yet tried doing everything I want first before saving - up to now I have saved the work each time I've made a change. So must try just saving once to see if that is any better.

Sue;s Mum -

I'm no expert, but I have read that each time you save a .jpg file you lose some quality, so it's best to just save them once at the end.

I think if you save the pic as a .tiff while you are working on it, then you should lose less quality and you can convert it to a .jpg at the end (.tiff files are huge)

maybe Dave (Fatman) will be along soon, he seems to know about these things

Bev

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter