Smallest rental car with an ECV?

aubriee

<font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes
I figured I'd get a better response here on the Disablities board than on the Transportation board. I'll be renting an ECV for my mom (a Go Go Elite from Apple Scooters). In Sept I got a midsize car and in Oct/Nov I got a good deal for a Premium car so went with that and their trunks held the ECV just fine. However, I was just wondering what is the smallest rental car that I could get by with. It'll be just the two of us and we're doing carry on only. I drive a full size Nissan Titan crew cab pickup and my mom has a Buick La Cross with a huge trunk, so I have no idea about trunk sizes in smaller cars.

I have put my scooter in the trunk of a Mustang convertible, but I would not recommend it. Seeing as it is just the two of you and if you don't mind putting say the battery and seat in the back seat, you could probably get by with a economy size. If you want a car that everything fits in the trunk, then go with something the size of a Ford Fusion or Ford Focus. If it were me, I would stick to the size of a Ford Fusion just to be safe.

My girlfriend drives a Saturn Ion - not a large car - and we can fit one whole scooter and about half the other in her trunk.

We reserved a minivan to put 2 scooters in but sounds like we may not need it based on other posts here. We take the batteries out and remove the seats. Use Emerald Isle so we could choose from the biggest trunk. Should we change?

Considering that you will be transporting 2, I would keep the van.

Also think about whether they are going to have enough room for the people and any luggage you may need to move around with you. Just for ease, we always travel with a minivan or SUV when we have to take my wheelchair places.

We reserved a minivan to put 2 scooters in but sounds like we may not need it based on other posts here. We take the batteries out and remove the seats. Use Emerald Isle so we could choose from the biggest trunk. Should we change?

I would stick with the minivan. I have a Hyundai Sonata, which has a fairly large trunk, and I have gotten an ECV and a WC in it (using part of the back seat as well, but it was a major pain. Perhaps you could fit 2 ECVs, but it would be like assembling a jigsaw puzzle every time they went in or out, and you would have no room for luggage.

I figured I'd get a better response here on the Disablities board than on the Transportation board. I'll be renting an ECV for my mom (a Go Go Elite from Apple Scooters). In Sept I got a midsize car and in Oct/Nov I got a good deal for a Premium car so went with that and their trunks held the ECV just fine. However, I was just wondering what is the smallest rental car that I could get by with. It'll be just the two of and we're doing carry on only. I drive a full size Nissan Titan crew cab pickup and my mom has a Buick La Cross with a huge trunk, so I have no idea about trunk sizes in smaller cars.

I rented a Nissan Sentra a ECV in the truck, from Apple gogo and a rollator in the back. Plenty room for us. That was 2006.

If you put the seat in the back seat of the car, the rest of the pieces aren't very big at all. A Ford Focus can do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter