Small world- Am i the only one ?

I love it! DH & DS6 like it, but it drives DS11 nuts. He's at that tween, "I'm too cool for this" stage, but he still rides with me.

That's so funny! My son, who was about 5 at the time, started whining about this ride. First he mimicked the song and shouted, "it's annoooying!" which made us all laugh. It's one of my husband's favs and a must-do every trip. But whenever I ride it now, I see in my mind my little man pouting about it and it makes me laugh every time. Ahhh, memories.

I'm a rollercoaster/thrillride junkie, but I love IASW. I'm always a little surprised at some peoples loathing of it. I find it colorful, charming, relaxing and uplifting. Any time I'm lucky enough to be at Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom, I'll take a ride!

IASW is one of my favorites. I don't mind teh song getting stuck in my head. I've loved IASW since my first trip. I love thrills too, but must ride IASW at least once a trip. It's my one of my "happy places" :goodvibes

it's my favorite! i could go on it 5 times in a row. it's always our go-to when everything else has a long line and we have a free minute. like "hey, what should we do now? let's go on small world!"

I love thrill rides. To me BTM is too tame. I think PoTC is ok, but not a MUST DO. Same with Jungle Cruise.

That's why I find if very odd that I love IASW. :)

For me, this ride brings back great memories. My wonderful grandmother (now deceased) first took me on this when I was four years old at the 1964 New York World's Fair. Disney bought it later. I always think of her when I ride the ride, so it's a must do (nostalgic for me.) I turn 50 this summer.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
June 2006 –Tampa relative’s condo
June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo). Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

The bolded part above, is that accurate?

I was under the impression IASW, and a few other attractions at the 1964 World's Fair, were Disney designed/owned attractions.

We love IASW. Our trip is not complete until we get on that boat and get everyone yodeling with the little yodeler in the alps. The yodeling doesn't stop till we make port!

As another person said, we do it every year we go down. Many trips we do it 3 times because it's so nice.:thumbsup2

I still love this ride I remember as a child the first time I rode this back in 1977 ro 1978 I was in second grade and I remeber how much I loved the dolls it was like magic back then and I love Disney because it brings back many memories of my parents I lost my mom when I was 21 and my dad when I was 23 and some of my favorite memories of them was taking me to disney as a kid we went when i was in second and third grade and then my junior year in high school I will never forget that special time.

I love the IASW!!! My husband will ride it with me once or twice a trip with me but that is it. :)

My DDs who are 8 and 6 both love the ride, my DH can't stand it but will do it because the rest of the family does, and for me it's one of those rides that I have to do once in a trip and then I will be fine not doing again for the rest of the trip....I guess it is more of a nostalgic thing for me.

I love small world. It is one of those classic Disney rides that makes me think of the trips when I was a child. My husband thinks it is corny but I make him ride. I can't wait to take my son in a few days for the first time. :yay:

I love the song...when I was in my late 20s my stepmom admitted to having murderous thoughts towards me when I was a kid b/c I would play the album my dad bought me of the song over and over and over, all day. Drove her batty.

I had a record of the ride too when I was a little girl. It was a little 45 with a book and you would read along the book with pictures and Tinkerbelle would ring a bell when you were suppose to turn the page. I also had many other disney ones (still have them somewhere to this day). I played the Small World one so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter