Small tables and room service

lynsumo415

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are sailing without kids in November (celebrating 20th wedding anniversary) and I was wondering a couple of things;

1) Can you order what is being served in the dining rooms for room service at dinner time?

2) Do they have tables for 2 in the dining rooms?

Don't want to sound anti-social but I am looking forward to a romantic 2nd honeymoon with my hubby! I had hoped to have a table for two at dinner time. Palo is completely booked already and I think it may be the only place with that option, am I right?

My husband and I are sailing without kids in November (celebrating 20th wedding anniversary) and I was wondering a couple of things;

1) Can you order what is being served in the dining rooms for room service at dinner time?

Don't want to sound anti-social but I am looking forward to a romantic 2nd honeymoon with my hubby! I had hoped to have a table for two at dinner time. Palo is completely booked already and I think it may be the only place with that option, am I right?

Congratulations! We just celebrated our 20th, too! Have a great trip.

I know when we have sailed in suites, ordering dinner from the restaurant menus was an option, but I don't think that is the case in regular rooms. I could be wrong so don't lose hope! I don't know if there are tables for 2, to be honest, I've never noticed! It would be worth a phone call to ask.

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Not in a suite, I think right now we are in a Navigator's verandah. Haven't received our room assignment yet. I will call DCL :banana: and see what I find out. Thanks for the congrat's!!! Same to you!

Only suites can order dinner from the dining room. The other rooms do not really have that much room to eat in. The coffee table can hold one tray and the desk can hold another tray. Not very romantic. Either call DCL or your TA and ask to have a table by yourself since you are celebrating your anniversary. If you have late dinner it will be more likely than main seating. DCL will try to do what they can. Be warned though that the 4 top tables are very close to each other such that the server has difficulty getting between the tables. A table for 2 might end up with another family within a foot of you.

We celebrated our 20th Anniversary onboard last month!

We actually ate at our assigned table and were glad to have table mates for the first time. We ate with two other couples who were also celebrating their anniversary onboard. It was actually quite nice and we met some great people. I highly recommend giving it a try. I joked that I was nervous that we were going to have to sit with kids and one of our tablemates tried to get a kid nearby to sit our table the second night as a prank.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is plenty of alone time onboard throughout the day. Why not enjoy one night at Palo as a couple and the rest of the evenings with some new friends? You could also eat together at Topsiders/BBB one night if you wanted to as well.

Enjoy your cruise. Our first one without the kids was wonderful. We spent a lot of time on our verandah, at Serenity Bay, Quiet Cove, Cove Cafe and Deck 4.

I believe the smallest table in the main dining room is for 4. Palo may not be completely booked, as I believe they hold over a percentage of reservations for those who book onboard, so you may want to make a beeline for the reservation table when you get onboard.

They will give you information when you check in on where to go to make those reservations. They earlier you go, the better your chances will be.

Only suites can order dinner from the dining room. The other rooms do not really have that much room to eat in. The coffee table can hold one tray and the desk can hold another tray. Not very romantic. Either call DCL or your TA and ask to have a table by yourself since you are celebrating your anniversary. If you have late dinner it will be more likely than main seating. DCL will try to do what they can. Be warned though that the 4 top tables are very close to each other such that the server has difficulty getting between the tables. A table for 2 might end up with another family within a foot of you.

I hadn't thought at all about the lack of space to dine in the room! Thanks for pointing that out!

We celebrated our 20th Anniversary onboard last month!

We actually ate at our assigned table and were glad to have table mates for the first time. We ate with two other couples who were also celebrating their anniversary onboard. It was actually quite nice and we met some great people. I highly recommend giving it a try. I joked that I was nervous that we were going to have to sit with kids and one of our tablemates tried to get a kid nearby to sit our table the second night as a prank.

I guess what I'm saying is that there is plenty of alone time onboard throughout the day. Why not enjoy one night at Palo as a couple and the rest of the evenings with some new friends? You could also eat together at Topsiders/BBB one night if you wanted to as well.

Enjoy your cruise. Our first one without the kids was wonderful. We spent a lot of time on our verandah, at Serenity Bay, Quiet Cove, Cove Cafe and Deck 4.

Guess I am being selfish! Would love to hear any advice you have to offer for fun/couple activities for adults. I am sure we are going to have a blast!

I believe the smallest table in the main dining room is for 4. Palo may not be completely booked, as I believe they hold over a percentage of reservations for those who book onboard, so you may want to make a beeline for the reservation table when you get onboard.

They will give you information when you check in on where to go to make those reservations. They earlier you go, the better your chances will be.

I hope you are right!!! I will make a beeline to (hopefully) book my Palo ressies! We are staying at a hotel right near the port so we should be able to get on board early!

I hope you are right!!! I will make a beeline to (hopefully) book my Palo ressies! We are staying at a hotel right near the port so we should be able to get on board early!

If you're there right away, you won't have any problem. I was able to get a table for 7 on a sold out cruise. We had several other options available outside of the private dining room including two sets of tables, etc.

I like Palo for dinner as it is more of a special occasion than brunch. It's like a date night that's so rare for us in the 'real' world.

Thanks! I really never thought about checking it out right away. Keeping my fingers crossed for Palo ressies!:thumbsup2

Palo holds back about 1/2 of the available reservations for booking on board. SO, go to the location for "Palo Dining" as noted on the Welcome Aboard Navigator that you'll get when you check in. We've had it be in Sessions, Rockin Bar D (this is the most normal location), and Studio Sea. Go there as soon as you board. If you still can't get a ressie, ask to be placed on the wait list. People DO cancel.

There are no tables for 2 in the main dining rooms, but there are tables for 4 that may only have 2 people seated at them. If you want to be seated alone as a couple, contact DCL or your TA and have this noted on your reservation. Then go to "Dining Changes" after boarding to be sure you got what you wanted.

As above, only guests in suites can have food from the regular dining rooms sent to their rooms normally. Exceptions are sometimes made when a guest in the cabin is ill or injured.

My DW got sick one night and I talked with my head server. He had me list the items off the nightly rotation menu that we would like and then had it delivered to our room by our regular server. It was delivered between the Main and 2nd seating. We were in an ocean view room on Deck 2. We were scheduled to be in PC so it was only one floor down for the delivery. DCL will do whatever they can to help you celebrate.

Thanks for the great advice! I am so glad I posted my questions! I have been a disboard fan for years but never posted my questions. What quick replies I have received from all of you! Thank you!!!

My DW got sick one night and I talked with my head server. He had me list the items off the nightly rotation menu that we would like and then had it delivered to our room by our regular server. It was delivered between the Main and 2nd seating. We were in an ocean view room on Deck 2. We were scheduled to be in PC so it was only one floor down for the delivery. DCL will do whatever they can to help you celebrate.

Just hoping we don't have room service cause we are sick!!! :sick:

You don't sound anti-social at all. We're taking the X-mas cruise in 2010 and I've requested for a table for 2 also. Luckily we made Palo reservations at X-mas itself. We lead very busy lives and although we like the lively atmosphere at Disney locations (we've to almost all of them around the world), we look forward to a vacation where we can spend time together and dine in some sort of privacy. I notice people making remarks such as 'don't be shy' and 'meet new friends'. For us, that has nothing to do with it. It's just looking forward to having a nice vacation with the two of us.

I hope you succeed in getting your table for two. Share your experiences. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter