Small dogs at WDW hotels?

hopskip

Mouseketeer
Do any WDW resorts accept small dogs? My mother "needs" to bring her Maltese (doesn't want to use the kennels), but is hoping to stay on site. What about the DTD hotels? Thanks!

Don't know about DTD hotels, but dogs are definitely not allowed at WDW.

It's a shame that Disney does not have one hotel that accepts pets, but The hotels at Universal Studios do accept dogs, and they treat them like royalty:D

I have two small dogs so I have investigated the doggie travel thing. Universal does have anice plan. If you were to bring your dog to DW they have a set up (at least they did) if you camp to have your pet at your campsite when you are there. I am not a camper so we have never done this. If you take your dog to the kennel they expect you to come and visit and walk them. I am not sure I could do this with my animals. I am sure the kennel is great I just can't do it. We have now found a great person who stays at the house and takes care of the dogs for us. She is a family friend but if you could ask around in the area you live in or if your children are around the high school/college age you may find a person who will be happy to help. In this area I pay the girl $35 per day and she seems happy with the pay. The vet would charge much more and the dogs would most likely never recover from the trauma. My neighbor just got back from a 2 week trip and in addition to the kennel cost she had a $150 vet bill. Little dogs are very sensitive but this is a bulldog and he is still a mess. He will be on meds for at least a week.

When we go on vacation our dog goes on vacation too, to the vet kennel, trust me when I say that kennel is better than a hotel!! They charge $12 a day and it's very clean, have a huge yard to run. I won't take my dog with me, I'm on vacation!!

When Oprah Winfrey stayed at the Grand Floridian...she took her two dogs.

Too bad we're not billionaires, huh?

We have two dogs - and we miss them while on vacation. I wish there was a place at WDW where they could stay with you instead of the campsites. Oh well.

PamNC

Lucky Oprah!!!!!!!

Just imagine Denise and Pam if Disney had one hotel that had one section that was designated for people who had their dogs. That way people who hate pets (can't imagine) or who have terrible allergies would not have to stay in that area. I asked Disney about this along time ago, and they talked about the flea problem etc. etc.

Guess we can only dream, Denise!!

There is a kennel near WDW that I have used. The name of the kennel is The Bass Pet Motel. They were very good with my dog. They have a web site I don't have the web address but you can do a search or I can get it for you if you would like.:wave:

No, unfortunately, they dont allow dogs at the resorts.

BUT...The best place to keep your animals IMHO is the TTC Kennel. The kennel is very very clean, nice and air conditioned, the staff is SUPER and you can get in ANYTIME you want to walk them or check on them. There is a nice big area where you can walk them and I have taken my 2 dogs there and would again. I have found someone who comes and watches my dogs now, so I wont have to take them this trip. But for someone who had no choice but to take them, the TTC kennel is the best place to put your babies!

:)

I hope I dont start a big debate, cause this isnt the debate board, but why did they let Oprah bring her dogs into a WDW resort?

Just because she is mega rich doesnt mean anything. For all Disney knows, I could be a go-zillionaire, so can I bring my 2 small dogs to WL with me???? I think not. I think that is very unfair.

WDW is at fault for letting that happen, and for being a talk show host and being so "fair" as the media claims, she shouldnt even of considered it. So she is a star and rich, so let her put her dogs in a kennel. Oh yea, but the kennels are for us regular folks huh?

Im so disappointed in Disney now. Favoritism I call it.

Unless I dont know the whole story. Just my 2 cents. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I want to know, was this a rumor or did Oprah put it in the Enquirer? I find it hard to believe that Disney allowed this even for her. I didn't stay at a Universal hotel because they alow pets, I stated a debate a while back on that subject.

Of course I do not know for sure, but this does not really seem too absurd to me. I mean, this is OPRAH, for goodness sake. If her people called their people and yadda-yadda-yadda... Her people could have promised and agreed to have had the carpets cleaned and the room de-flead (is that a word??). I can understand that they would realize hat Oprah was good for the bill, whereas they might not give two hoots what we "ordinary" folk promised.
It was publicity that she stayed there at all. Even if The Grand paid for the de-fleaing (there it is again), then it was apparently priceless. We are talking about it. God only knows how many people will book the GF, just because they want to stay "where Oprah stayed".
Celebrities get perks.. That is the way of life. We love them/hate them/ or are indifferent to them. In any case, we apparently know what they did, when they did it, and with whom or what. Just my 2 cents... Ang

I Know Janet Jackson stayed at the Grand with her dog. She had it groomed at the place I keep my dog.

Ohhh! I wanna stay where Janet Jackson stayed! J/K! ;) That's what I mean, though. It's advertising, and it is priceless. If I were a Disney Stockholder, then I'd be all over myself every time a celeb stayed at WDW. No, they may not have a DH, a DW, or a SO, but they've got a dog!! :D :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter