Small disappointments

TE="Sona99, post: 55830529, member: 570116"]Not everything can go as planned ... what are your small disappointments?

When you take the time to coordinate everyone's outfits for the week on the off chance you get a good family picture and your husband wears the wrong outfit!

Or your toddler decides at 9 am to have a massive poop blowout just as you enter Epcot! As a family of five at the time it was so obvious in all the pics that day one did not belong!! But, the kids laugh at those pictures now. They all know why one is not matching!! And, I'll take cleaning and changing in a Disney baby care center over the real world any day!!

- but if you're going to offer something free, don't put restrictions on it.

Virtually every single thing I have ever been offered "free" by a company has had restrictions of various kinds put on it.
True that!
As my very wise dad used to say, "There ain't no such thing as a FREE lunch!" Lol

[QUOTE="mds88, post: 55833407, member: 550920"
Also, it was frustrating that we got to HS at RD, planning to do RNR, but it was down. We did ToT instead, but we already had a fp for it and were not able to switch it for RNR. It was really irritating because we chose the single rider line once it opened back up, which we still waited almost an hour. Then the people from regular standby who I rode with said they only waited a little over half an hour. Whoever was working the line should have realized how slow the single rider line was moving and let some of us go, especially since when there were 2 seats they pulled from the regular line instead of single. I was pretty annoyed at the whole situation. It doesn't seem like a lot but it really threw off our game plan for the whole day.[/QUOTE]

I wish they would get rid of the single rider line on that ride. It is oftentimes as long or longer than standby. Because people have to watch the Preshow, I have caught people three times jumping into the standby line. When the line gets short. Said something each time. One couple didn't move and I told the CM who just shrugged. They should just use that for FP. Even though they would not be up close for the Preshow it would still get them through faster.

[QUOTE="mds88, post: 55833407, member: 550920"
Also, it was frustrating that we got to HS at RD, planning to do RNR, but it was down. We did ToT instead, but we already had a fp for it and were not able to switch it for RNR. It was really irritating because we chose the single rider line once it opened back up, which we still waited almost an hour. Then the people from regular standby who I rode with said they only waited a little over half an hour. Whoever was working the line should have realized how slow the single rider line was moving and let some of us go, especially since when there were 2 seats they pulled from the regular line instead of single. I was pretty annoyed at the whole situation. It doesn't seem like a lot but it really threw off our game plan for the whole day.

I wish they would get rid of the single rider line on that ride. It is oftentimes as long or longer than standby. Because people have to watch the Preshow, I have caught people three times jumping into the standby line. When the line gets short. Said something each time. One couple didn't move and I told the CM who just shrugged. They should just use that for FP. Even though they would not be up close for the Preshow it would still get them through faster.[/QUOTE]
Well, we didn't know at the time, but it's 2 people across. Typically if there is a single rider line, the car is 3 across. There are a lot of parties of 2 so they pull from the single for the extra often. However, if there are only 2 seats, it is not as common to need a single rider. Knowing that now I will never do single rider on RnR again.

When you find out that a restaurant put on by your favorite chef opens the day AFTER your vacation ends.

When there are now TOO MANY good choices for dining and I am overwhelmed and need a 30 day vacation to try them all.

When adult responsibilities get in the way and you realize you will not be at your happy place for 2 more years after this trip in 19 days....

That line used to be a breeze. I think they deliberately slowed it down because too many people took it, then still insisted on riding together. The jerks always ruin it for everyone else.

I have seen this SO many times on that ride. The CM sends two singles to say rows 3 and 8. They conveniently ignore him and both go to row 3 where they just wait for the next train. Meanwhile, both rows 3 & 8 go out with just one rider in them and then the next train is messed up because there are two extra people on it. I realize the CM's can't patrol everywhere once they assign someone to a row but I see this frequently on both RNRC and Everest with people just doing what they want.

But we couldn't even switch our ToT fp to RnR first thing that morning, I doubt there would be any 4th fp available.
Well, you couldn't change ToT to RnRC because they're different Tiers (RnRC is a Tier 1 ride and ToT is a Tier 2). I have gotten RnRC many times as a 4th FPP but usually for later in the day (5-7pm). Obviously doesn't help if you're not staying the whole day.

I have seen this SO many times on that ride. The CM sends two singles to say rows 3 and 8. They conveniently ignore him and both go to row 3 where they just wait for the next train. Meanwhile, both rows 3 & 8 go out with just one rider in them and then the next train is messed up because there are two extra people on it. I realize the CM's can't patrol everywhere once they assign someone to a row but I see this frequently on both RNRC and Everest with people just doing what they want.

Well, you couldn't change ToT to RnRC because they're different Tiers (RnRC is a Tier 1 ride and ToT is a Tier 2). I have gotten RnRC many times as a 4th FPP but usually for later in the day (5-7pm). Obviously doesn't help if you're not staying the whole day.
Ooo yea that makes sense. Darn we didn't even think of that! I think our TSM fp was in the early afternoon so we probably could have done that :/

Our first (and so far, only) time staying on-site was our most recent trip, in 2005. Now, you need to understand that Mrs. Homie and I are 80's kids to. the. bone. We were both teens at the height of the Reagan Era. We both played with Rubik's Cubes (Les could even solve them!), we both wore rad clothes, we listened to Huey Lewis and the News on our cassette tapes, etc. So when I booked at Pop, I specifically asked for the 80's section.

When we checked in, we were both *so* disappointed when the check-in CM told us our room was in the 90's section. Our disappointment didn't last long, though: we got what was probably one of the best rooms on the property, Ground flood, corner room, literally steps from the computer pool, and not at all far from our rental car either.

I was really nervous the one time we got put in the 90's, but it was pretty much the easiest access room we have ever had there. Cut across the parking lot and there are the busses. No dealing with the crowds in Classic Hall, no kids begging to go into the Arcade "real quick" before we get on a bus, or "neeeeeeding" a donut before we hit the road cuz "Everything Pop is RIGHT THERE!!". I loved it..

Several people have mentioned seeing people being mean to each other, and I do hate seeing frustrated parents yelling at their kids, it makes me sad. The last trip we took, I was in the middle of this, as my husband (now EX!) was just being his usual grouchy self, complaining, being short with all of us, making ALL OF US stop at every single smoke pit we came across and wait on him to smoke. He ended up going back to the room early almost every day and tried to make the kids go back with him once or twice. We still had a great trip but it could have been better without all that stress. I was a Disboards member then too and was so excited before the trip to come back and do a Dining Report or Trip Report but I was too depressed after. I never even came back to the boards until I started planning this next trip.

Welcome back to the DIS - hope your upcoming trip is your best ever!

When POP sends your bags to POFQ instead of POR where you're actually staying. They say it will take 10 minutes, so you put your kid in the tub...big mistake. 45 minutes later at 11:30pm they show up ha.

My small disappoint leading into my trip June 8 this that on a SATURDAY NIGHT in the summer.... AK and MK are the only parks open until 11am everything else closes at 9am. Hello Saturday in Summer. At least one park should be open until midnight.

When you finally get your family to the MK in the first hour it's open and enter the walk-on queue for Pirates, only to have your newly two year old yell (in complete sentences) "I DON'T LIKE PIRATES! I WANT TO GO TO THE TIKI ROOM! I WANT TO GO TO THE TIKI ROOM!!!"... and you end up missing the shortest lines of the day because you are in the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room...

When you lecture your toddler on not poking/hitting people with his new light saber, only to then have your husband accidentally poke you in the eye with the light saber...

When you finally get your dole whip float while waiting for the parade (which you haven't gotten on several trips b/c your toddler needs to have a Mickey ice cream bar while waiting for the parade every single trip, and you need two hands to continuously wipe up that mess), only to have said toddler ask for a sip and proceed to suck down your entire float in 2 minutes flat...

When you finally get your family to the MK in the first hour it's open and enter the walk-on queue for Pirates, only to have your newly two year old yell (in complete sentences) "I DON'T LIKE PIRATES! I WANT TO GO TO THE TIKI ROOM! I WANT TO GO TO THE TIKI ROOM!!!"... and you end up missing the shortest lines of the day because you are in the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room...

I know what song is going to be stuck in my head all day.... (btw - I think you're short one "tiki")

When you learn that Ghiradelli doesn't offer peanut butter anymore :( (Though as a nurse I know it's to prevent cross-contamination for those with allergies, so I totally understand)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter