Small disappointments

2)Food poisoning at Teppanyaki grill

This happened to me as well! Food poisoning from Teppan Edo. Talk about disappointing. It was on a birthday trip so my day planned at MK and the Cirque show that night all cancelled. :(

See - that's funny. The first one was disappointing, but the fact you so effectively doubled down on your humorlessness is actually quite fulfilling.

Interesting analysis. While a few responses are amusing, many, including the ones I cited and quite a few subsequent ones, are actual small or greater disappointments as f at as the posters who revealed them are concerned.

Major disappointment - BTMR closed when we are there on our honeymoon in August!! We have always been super lucky in five years only one ride has been closed the week we are there in August, PoTC last year.
Other than that we've had every ride open.,, so BTMR being closed is a huge letdown for us! Oh well, just have to plan another trip soon ;)

When not only do you hardly ever get your room requests met, but when they end up being the opposite of what you requested. For example, at POR asking only to be close to a bus stop, any bus stop, and ending up with a room smack in the middle of 2. And so far in that you end up posting on the Dis asking for the best way to get to the bus stop.:headache:

Forgetting to write down your parking information at AK only to try to find your car in a 20 minute down pour! We found it and 5 minutes later it stopped raining. I had to go back to the hotel (off site) and use the hair dryer on all of our shoes because we only brought one pair. That's the MAIN thing we remember from our 2011 trip!!!

Oh! We have done this more than once. You'd think we'd learn. Now I usually send a text with the parking info to dh so we both don't forget.

I try to remember an extra pair of shoes because nothing is worse than soggy, squeaking, sneakers.

What is this?

The Mickey light on the tapstiles. Turns green for go and blue for hold.

Since the fire in January of 2011. No more "under new management".

Well, it's not exactly the Original, but much more like the original than it used to be. There is no enchanted fountain like there still is at Disneyland (though the show at DL is a little shortened from the original as well). It's much better than the "Under New Management" business though.

Finding out that your favorite park treat is no more (for me the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle at Sleepy Hollow).
I know! My daughter laughs at my disappointment over this. But I was *so* looking forward to having another one this trip!!

We were pretty bummed about the Build Your Own Mr. Potato Head in DS. We had seen all these cool WDW exclusive pieces like a mickey bar, mickey balloon, turkey leg, ect. None of these were available and the selection was very limited. The first night we went they only had left arms for the storm trooper outfit :/ and there were no complete outfits at all :(

Also, it was frustrating that we got to HS at RD, planning to do RNR, but it was down. We did ToT instead, but we already had a fp for it and were not able to switch it for RNR. It was really irritating because we chose the single rider line once it opened back up, which we still waited almost an hour. Then the people from regular standby who I rode with said they only waited a little over half an hour. Whoever was working the line should have realized how slow the single rider line was moving and let some of us go, especially since when there were 2 seats they pulled from the regular line instead of single. I was pretty annoyed at the whole situation. It doesn't seem like a lot but it really threw off our game plan for the whole day.

I know! My daughter laughs at my disappointment over this. But I was *so* looking forward to having another one this trip!!
Me too!

It was delicious, and was really one of the best bangs for your buck anywhere in Disney. The only reason I could see them getting rid of it was maybe that it was too time consuming and they felt it wasn't cost effective. But waiting and watching them make a fresh hot waffle was part of what made it great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter