small claims court ???

natalielongstaff

<font color=deeppink>I need a cup of tea and a big
has anyone had an experiance of taking this action ??

i am currently owed nearly £300 in childminding fees by a now ex-client :mad: i am very determined to recover this money eventually !

Oh what a shame it has come to this Nat, good luck with trying to claim the money back :wizard:

Mandy :)

My friend needed to take someone to the small claims and it was really easy, in fact as soon as the person received the letter saying what was happening they paid up which I think is quite common!

Hope you get your money! :wizard:

Yes we took a well known furniture store to the small claims court over a mess up on an order that they never refunded us for, they paid up just at the last minute!

Claire ;)

Hope you get it sorted out soon Nat :hug:

Hope you get it sorted out Nat without having to go to court:thumbsup2

Today is the final day for payment so i will leave it a day or two before starting the court process :mad:

thanks for the replies :hug: i will let you know how i get on !!

A few years ago I had to take this action against a company, this was before the paperwork was available on the net, so went to the court, completed the paperwork and photocopied it - sent it to the company with a letter to say that if the money owed was not recieved by me 21 days from the date of this letter then I would start the procedings with the small claims court - they paid up the day after they recieved the letter after 18months of rangling, but because I copied them the completed forms they knew I meant business. You are also able to claim reasonable interest on the monies owed.

Good luck hope it works out for you.

Hope you get it sorted Nat :)

I am also looking to do this for the bridal store I bought my wedding dress from.

I paid her £707 in total but I canceled a cheque (final payment) of £507, when I went to the dressmakers and she told me that the dress wasn't the same as I had ordered. I was advised by the store owner that the dressmaker would fix it to make it look like the picture. She couldn't do it and advised me that it should have looked like the picture to begin with. I tried to contact my bridal store but I found out when I called that they had closed for 2 weeks, this was one week before I was due to leave for Disney and my wedding. I was devestated, all I knew was that I didn't have the wedding gown I had ordered and waited months for. I really wanted her to rectify the problem and I left messages and even contacted the Sales Manager in order to get this problem solved.

I ended up having to buy a new wedding gown, veli etc for my wedding as the dress I had, required way too much alterations and it wasn't what I ordered.

So now I am looking to recover £200 from her. I sent her a letter over 3 weeks ago, stating my position, but she still hasn't responded. So I too am looking into small claims.

Good Luck Natalie, hope it works out for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter