slow times

Adam1217

Mouseketeer
i went to WDW last september and it was slow, when else is it slow just like september????

I've been told that after Thanksgiving into the first couple of weeks is very slow. I'm giving it a try to December.

Best times to go im my opinion...(and I have been at these times)

The entire month of September and prety much October as well.
From Labor Day weekend on is perfect for a few reasons. A lot of the schools have been started back up so vacations are over and then there is the threat of Hurricanes! (Peak time of hurricane season)

October, We've been at the end of october and it was slow. I'd imagin the entire month would be the same as well. The food and wine festival starts this time of year so the crowds pick up on the weekends. (I prefer going on weekdays for lower crowds)

December. You will be good up until about the second weekend then it starts to pick up! They film the Christmas parade the first weekend of December and if you go to MVMCP, go during the WEEK, the first or second week of Dec. We went on Tuesday the 12th last year....VERY LOW CROWDS! Walked on everything and even rode Big Thunder Mtn. and the Rockets twice with out even getting off! We just went for another go around!

The beginning of January AFTER newyears week is low as well. Again, holiday breaks are over and vacations come to an end for most.

Hope this helped you out!

I'm planning a family vacation and had heard that mid- to late August is not a bad time to vacation.

Suppossedly the crowds are way down since the Florida kids (and other southern states?) are back in school?

Is this true?

A lot of Florida schools are back in session ,but that may not mean anything since the rest of the nation may still be out of school. The Seasonal passes for the Florida residents "black out dates" are no longer blacked out so us Floridians can now enjoy the parks. I will say the volume is alot less then say July or June, probably more towards the END of August may be prime for lower crowds. One of the best times to go is September! Very low crowds. All schools are pretty much in session although it is the peak month of hurricane season.

Thanks DD!

Unfortunately September isn't an option with 3 boys, the youngest to be starting Kindergarten.

I was thinking approx. Aug 10 to Aug 20th.

I know it'll be hot, but will it rain everyday too?

I lived in Jacksonville for 2 years long agao and I remember that storms blew in and out everyday. You could almost set your watch for those late PM thunderstorms.

Still the same?

August 10-20 should be fine. Like I said, June and July are PRIME TIME!
Yes, we still have those glorious thunder showers, however think of them as a time to take a break. You can count on one anytime between 3-5pm. ;) (So set your watch!):rotfl2:

You know it will be hot, but that's just Florida!
At least you'll get a nice tan and be envied by everyone back home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter