slo's Wednesday poll - glasses

Glasses - Do You Wear Them All The Time? How Many Do You Own?

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Do you wear glasses all the time?
(contacts don't count for this poll)
If so, how many pairs of glasses do you own?

(multiple choice)

*I'm unable to wear contacts, so I wear glasses all the time.
I have 5 pairs of glasses:
black and pink (my favorite)
boring brown
red and gold
frameless
sunglasses

I should sack up and get contacts, but meh.

I only have two pairs: regular and sunglasses! Which reminds me, I'm overdue for my eye exam.

I have two pairs of reading glasses and one pair of non-prescription sunglasses.

I used to need glasses all the time (starting at the age of 5!), but I had cataract surgery two years ago, and now I can function without glasses unless I have to read or use the computer. Technically, I do have a prescription I can wear all the time, but I lost the lost that pair of glasses last year.

Last edited:
No correction needed. 4/6 of my kids need glasses. One, with mild need, refuses to wear them; the others wear them everyday.

I need glasses for distance. I have 2-3 regular pairs (tortoise shell, dark blue/black and red) and 1 pair of sunglasses. i wear the sunglasses when needed. I wear the other ones when I drive, go the movies or watching a small TV. I used to wear them all the time but now that I am getting older, I can't read when I am wearing them anymore.

I've worn glasses since 2nd grade, but have worn contacts since I was 14 (I'm 40 now). I only wear my glasses at home, at night and in the morning until I shower. I have one pair of glasses.

I have my regular set of glasses with bifocals that I wear every day and another set that is strictly for reading and/or computer use. I just had my annual eye exam last month. Received the new pair only to find out last week that I need that in-between lens (progressives, I think). I'm now waiting for the new set to arrive.

I have a pair of distance glasses, mostly used at the theater to make things crisper on the screen or stage. The other pair is for my computer use....and for reading occasionally.

I didn't count sunglasses...I have a few non-presciption pairs.

I wear glasses but the kids tend to get their hands on them and have broken tons. But one pair prescription and two non prescription sunglasses

I have been wearing glasses since I was three. I have a pair of prescription sunglasses as well.

I'm allergic to contacts, so I wear glasses all the time. They're bifocals, but I plan on insisting to go back to regular single vision lenses when I go back to the eye doctor in September-I just never got used to them and hate them because things are blurry at distance.

Anyway, I have two pair of glasses-my current ones and my old prescription. I always save the old glasses to take to WDW for use on rides where I want to see but may lose therm, like Space Mountain.

At 44 and 38, neither DH or I need glasses. So we thought our kids would have good eyes, but they both got glasses around 8th grade. They don't wear them all the time, but they should.

I wear my glasses fulltime. I have a pair of black plastic frame Raybans, as my everyday glasses.

But I also have a Juicy Couture metal frame, and a Nine West black and clear plastic frame. These are my "emergency" glasses, or if I want to change things up.

I also have a pair of metal and plastic frame Rayban sunglasses, prescription.

I only wear contacts if I absolutely have to. It can sometimes take up to a half hour of work to get the contact into my left eye. The last time I wore them was on a cruise three years ago when I went on an excursion to see spider monkeys. You had to take your glasses off before going into the enclosure, otherwise the monkeys would steal them. I was grateful for the contacts that day!

Only for reading and computer - I've got 1 pair of each glasses and sunglasses that I got last year as the correction had slightly changed and I've got 2 other pairs of glasses with the old correction sitting here that I should be getting rid of - we give them to charity to send to Africa :)

I don't need glasses. However, I ALWAYS have sunglasses w/ me. ALWAYS. Even on a cloudy day. My sunglasses are either on my eyes or on top of my head.

DH wears contacts & also has a pair of glasses.

So far, our 3 kids don't need glasses.

DH's parents recently moved to a smaller house. When she packed, my MIL just kind packed things willy-nilly w/ no rhyme or reason. On moving day, I was unpacking the kitchen stuff & putting things away in the cabinets. In various boxes, I found over 15 pairs of reading glasses. (I stopped counting at 15 - and this was just the kitchen boxes.) I put them all in a basket. DH told me his parents never wanted to pay an eye doctor for real glasses, & they'd go to the drugstore (or wherever) & just try on glasses until they found a pair that worked. And, then, later, they'd put their glasses down somewhere, forget where they'd put them, & then go buy some more.

I used to wear glasses/contacts, but I had LASIK over 10 years ago and haven't needed anything since.

I have one pair of progressive lenses that I wear all the time. They came with their own clip on sunglasses. I kept my last pair of glasses as an emergency back up, since the prescriptions are similar.

My vision, before cataract surgery, was 20/800 uncorrected, so I wore glasses from the time I was three I got contacts in my early 20's and wore them until I was In my mid-40's. Then the dreaded farsightedness started, so I wore reading glasses over my contacts. By the time I reached my mid-60's, I had developed cataracts, and when I had them removed my vision was 20/40, which was perfect as far as I was concerned! I still use reading glasses when I'm crocheting or reading smaller print. I call them my "reader cheaters." Because I'm constantly forgetting where I was when I took them off, I keep at least one pair in every room of the house (even the guest bathroom! - You never know!). I keep two pair in my purse, and I usually have a pair on top of my head. So that's a total of 12 pair. Needless to say, I buy the cheapie 3-to-a-pack glasses from B. J.'s, and they work fine. Oh yeah, I have non-prescription sunglasses - 2 pair in the house, a pair in each of four cars I travel in on a regular basis, and a pair In my purse. I know, I'm weird.

Queen Colleen

I mostly wear contacts, but I do wear my glasses in the early morning and late at night. I have one pair.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter