slo's Wednesday poll - April Fools Day

April Fools Day - Are you the prankster or are you the one being pranked?

• I've already pranked people

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • I'm definitely going to prank people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I might prank people

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I'm not pranking anyone

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • I've already been pranked

• I'm anticipating being pranked

• I'm hoping to not get pranked - I don't like it!!

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • I love April Fools Day!!

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I dislike April Fools Day!!

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Other

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Are you a prankster on April Fools Day?
If so, post what you've done so far, or what you are planning to do.
You can vote multiple choices

*So far I pranked the following:
- My DDs friend. When she came to get DD to go to the bus stop, I told her that DD already left and walked to school today. Poor thing was so sad, and then DD came and told her April Fools!!!
- My boss/friend. I went to Dunkin Donuts and got him a coffee cup with hot water in it, and told him I'm treating him to coffee again. He was so excited until he found just the hot water. It was pretty funny!!!

I don't know if I was pranked or not, but my husband knocked an extra large coffee all over me as I was getting ready to leave for work this morning. :eek:

I think it was an accident? :scratchin Maybe not though.

Here's what I've done so far...

DH was working midnights, so I pulled my van into his spot into the garage & put a sign on the back of the van that said "April's Fools!"

I put bubbles in the kids' toilet - it didn't work.

DD has a drawer in their bathroom, & our 2 DSs have the other drawer - I switched their drawers.

I sprinkled salt on their toothbrushes.

I put tape on the kitchen faucet - got our older DS.

I put blue food coloring in the milk.

I put a rubber snake in the fridge wrapped around the milk, a rubber snake in the bananas, a plastic lizard in the box of frozen breakfast sandwiches, a rubber snake in our snack box in the pantry, & a plastic frog in DH's chia seeds.

I printed off a picture of Captain Hook from "Once Upon a Time" & taped it in DD's room, so it'd be the first thing she saw when she woke up.

I printed off a picture of a crazy cartoon guy & taped it on our front glass storm door, so that, when older DS opened our front wooden door to take our dog out this morning, he'd see it.

I put all of younger DS's Ninja Turtle figures on our mantle intermingled w/ the Easter décor.

I also *thought* I put tape on the video game controllers' sensors. I didn't - I ended up just putting tape on some random spot on the controllers. So that prank didn't work. LOL!

Also, for later today, I cut Es out of brown construction paper & put them in a baking dish & covered the baking dish w/ aluminum foil. After lunch, I'm going to tell the kids that I made brownies for dessert. Get it? Brown Es? LOL!

Oh, & they taped paper to the bottom of the mouse of my computer.

Happy April's Fools Day!!

Going to reinsert incorrectly the batteries in one of Dh's favourite gadgets sometime today..:love2:

I've decided the remote control just before his favourite program to-night! I've removed the new batteries from the cupboard, and he will think we're out of them. Should be fun..

Last edited:

Going to reinsert incorrectly the batteries in one of Dh's favourite gadgets sometime today..:love2:

I love this....I'm going to steal this idea and do it on a couple things at home :thumbsup2

I am SO not a fan of pranks! About 10% of them are harmless, and maybe a third of those are actually funny to the victim. The rest are just aggression pretending to be "fun".

So, my newest ones are......
*putting paper under the computer mouse
*putting a softball net in front of the garage door where my DH parks
*texting to my DDs BF that I'm serving Liver and Onions for dinner tonight. I then texted his mom and asked her to play along - she said she will.
*hiding my DD#2s special blanket and then I'm going to tell her the dog threw up on it and I had to throw it away (I don't think she'll fall for it - she's not gullible at all)
*Showed DD#1 an article on facebook saying that Cinderella's castle is going to be changed to Elsa's Ice House and that everything about the castle will change. (she is very gullible and is naturally falling for it).

Yep......I'm feeling really obnoxious today - LOL!!!

I'm not a fan of April Fools Day, but I'm sure my kids will try to get me before the days out.

I am SO not a fan of pranks! About 10% of them are harmless, and maybe a third of those are actually funny to the victim. The rest are just aggression pretending to be "fun".
THIS! I HATE this holiday. I ignore and have no plans to explain it to my kids.
The only mildly amusing prank is as a child my grandma used to tell me it was snowing every April Fool's Day and every time I fell for it. Flash forward many years and she has since passed away. My kids woke me up last year saying it was snowing. I ignored them, thinking my husband put them up to it. My husband tells me to look out the window. Sure enough it was snowing! My grandma got me even from heaven. :lovestruc

I don't like practical jokes, but I do enjoy the clever things that show up on websites, etc.

Not a fan of Aprils fools stuff either. Today is my DDs birthday so we usually just celebrate that.

Worst prank ever pulled on me today. I went to the garage for 1 minute. I get back and my third son was missing!!!! I searched the house and was completely freaking out. He then giggling crawls out from behind the couch! He is 18 months old and thought of this all on his own! I don't think I can survive the next 16 1/2 years! :faint:

Note:Before anyone thinks I left the baby alone, he was with his brothers, the oldest being 6. :goodvibes

Reactions: slo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter