slo's Monday poll - frozen pizza

Frozen Pizza - What Is Your Opinion???

• Total voters
"I don't like it" and "I eat it a couple of times per year". :)

Frozen pizza is our last-last-last-minute food choice. Even the expensive frozen pizzas are gross. I can whip up a homemade gluten-free pizza from scratch in about 45 minutes (which includes baking the crust) and it's 1,000 times better! We haven't tried a gluten-free frozen pizza yet (we've only been gluten-free for 2 1/2 weeks so far) but I'm sure they taste just as bad as the regular ones.

We almost always have a couple of frozen pizza's in the freezer. That way if something comes up and we need to eat and run, the kids can throw them in the oven and have everything ready for me to grab a slice, snarf it down and out the door we go. We all love pizza so it is just the most agreeable meal for us all. Pizza rolls are a freezer staple as well. For that I'm hungry and want something hot but not wanting too much.

Totinos, Jack's, and Tombstone are the ones usually in the freezer. DiGiorno's or Red Baron if they are on sale and I have coupons.

I voted "like it" but didn't say how often, as we are in the process of really changing our eating habits. We used to have it fairly frequently, but lately have not been buying it at all. I do agree with the poster near the beginning who said Aldi's take-and-bake one is really good!

I will buy one occasionally, mostly when I just don't want to deal with cooking dinner! Usually I get the Freschetta or the Wegman's rising crust.

I don't think I've had frozen pizza since high school. I live in New York so there's no reason to buy it frozen in the supermarket.

I voted "edible"~you know how spoiled us Chicagoan's are with pizza places :snooty:

LOL!! You got that right :thumbsup2

I'm worse with steak - I'm a steak snob - I fully admit it ::yes::

We also usually have a couple in the freezer. Like jen0610 said. We have very busy evenings so if we need it is is quick and easy. Really we eat just about any pizza!

If we're going to have pizza on the cheap we just order one from Costco or Sams Club. We really don't do any pizza that much, though, since we're trying to do better on our diets.

We recently had to buy a new fridge and I thought it was funny on a couple models the salesperson pointed out the special frozen pizza storage slot like it was a big selling point.

I like it, but I'm the only one who does so I get the single serving French bread pizzas. It's more of a convenience thing than anything else as I will only eat them on occasion, but it's nice to have them there when needed.

I can get a pizza from a low end place like little caesars for $4 and it's better and I don't have to turn on the oven. It even has a drive thru. I don't see the point in frozen pizza much anymore.
Not everyone is as fortunate as you, I think the closest Little Ceasers is 45 minutes from me, if it's even still there.

We like DiGiorno's stuffed crust occasionally. I like it better that Little Caesars personally.

We got one of these a couple years ago because our boys would eat frozen pizza at every possible opportunity. They said it cooks better than the oven and my wife and I like it because it doesn't heat up the house like the oven does. I highly recommend it for all the frozen pizza lovers.

k2-_7ac57de4-770f-4b68-98d4-0d46eec035ce.v1.jpg

I voted "I don't eat it." I usually make pizza from scratch, but occasionally we'll get takeout. Buying takeout is cheaper where I live then buying frozen pizzas unless you buy the cheapest thing our store has.

On rare occasion we may get frozen. The only brand we like is Mama Rosie's which is hard to find.

We got one of these a couple years ago because our boys would eat frozen pizza at every possible opportunity. They said it cooks better than the oven and my wife and I like it because it doesn't heat up the house like the oven does. I highly recommend it for all the frozen pizza lovers.

View attachment 112455

When I first saw that thing about 10 years ago in a store, I was practically :rotfl2:. They seemed to disappear for a few years, then made a comeback.

You're the first person I've "met" that has said they own one. Glad it works for you.

Ex-wife used to be the Queen of one-use specific small appliances, and most likely would have bought that.

When I first saw that thing about 10 years ago in a store, I was practically :rotfl2:. They seemed to disappear for a few years, then made a comeback.

You're the first person I've "met" that has said they own one. Glad it works for you.

Ex-wife used to be the Queen of one-use specific small appliances, and most likely would have bought that.

We gave it to the youngest when he left so I'm not officially an owner any more. :)

I used to love them when my daughter was still dancing and had weeknight lessons; Wegmans has a pretty good store-brand one at a great deal. We haven't needed to pick any up recently, but I won't turn my nose up at one; if I eat a slice or two with a glass of ice water and a salad it's a pretty balanced meal. Sure, if I had my way I'd rather go to the awesome pizza place in town (and often do!), but sometimes life happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter