slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/17 poll - Aquariums (at home) 🐟🐠

Aquariums - Do you have/had salt or fresh water and do you like it or not? (m.c.)

• I have a fresh water aquarium (tropical fish)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a salt water aquarium

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I have a fresh water aquarium (goldfish)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I had a fresh water aquarium (tropical fish)

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I had a salt water aquarium

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I had a fresh water aquarium (goldfish)

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I’ve never had any type of aquarium

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I love(d) or like(d) it

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • I don’t or didn’t like it

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters
Middle son had a salt water aquarium in his room.
I loved looking at the fish. Very expensive hobby.
Now he and his wife just have her beta fish.

Never had an aquarium, but know some friends who have a saltwater one. They involve a LOT of time/$$$ to maintain. Tends to be a very expensive hobby. If you thought houseplants were fussy, you will find an aquarium is way more effort/frustration/expense. Thought it might be fun to have one, but decided not worth it.

I imagine the ones you often see at the doctor's/dentist office are maintained by professionals. It seems they all require daily maintenance, so when you are gone on vacation or even for a long weekend, you have to plan ahead for that.

Last edited:
I've had fresh water tropical aquariums twice--once when I was little and again several years ago. I had guppies, tetras, swordfish, catfish, etc.

I love having an aquarium but hate the work to keep them going.

As much as I love looking at aquariums full of brightly colored fish, I have never had one myself. I was always concerned that I would not be able to keep the fish alive.

I have had fresh water tropical aquariums a few times in my life. They are okay. I am not good at keeping the fish alive. Last tank was a long long time ago (maybe 20-22 years ago). My dad liked to keep a big tank. They are pretty to look at but take some work.

Also had goldfish and fighting fish in bowls a few times. Last goldfish was won, by daughter, at a carnival around 12 years ago. It died pretty quickly, like a week later.

I had gold fish in a bowl growing up.
My kids had bowls and fresh water aquariums. I didn't like them.

We have always had at least one aquarium for over 30 years now. Before kids we had as many as 5 at one time—smallest was probably a gallon and largest was 30 or 35. For the last 25 years we’ve just had the large one. The 30-35 gallon one developed a crack and a slow leak. DH fixed it a few times and finally we got a new one. I think it’s octagon shaped, tall, but not quite as big—maybe 25 gallon. DH takes care of it. I think the larger ones are a bit easier to manage because the water doesn’t change as fast. He does do frequent partial water changes. We almost never buy fish because they breed so quickly. I love the way it looks when the plants look good. We have more trouble with the live plants than we do with fish.

No aquariums for me personally but my brother had one years ago in his first apartment after college. He no longer has it.

Now my brother in law has a big one and a small one. I think one is freshwater and one is saltwater.

I voted that I’ve never had an aquarium. Then I checked off Other because I’d love to have one some day. :fish:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter