slo’s TUESDAY 4/16 poll - Jelly Donuts

Jelly Donuts - What’s your opinion and how often do you eat them? (m.c.)

• I love them 🙂👍🏻

Votes: 26 22.2%
  • I like them 🙂

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • They’re just ok 😐

Votes: 20 17.1%
  • They’re edible 😶

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t like them 🙁👎🏻

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • No opinion - I’ve never had one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I eat one once a month or more

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I eat one off and on throughout the year

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I very rarely or never eat donuts

Votes: 55 47.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
Yesterday a patient at our office went on and on with how much they love jelly donuts (I don’t remember how we got into this conversation). So it got me thinking if others feel so passionately about jelly filled donuts.
Let us know…..

What is your opinion about jelly donuts?
How often do you have them?
(multiple choice)

For Me…….I’m not a fan :sad2: . I do like crème filled donuts, but that is very different than jelly. In the end I eat no donuts, so I guess it doesn’t matter :rotfl:.

IMG_1649.jpeg

I don't eat doughnuts. Too much sugar and carbs.
If I were to it would be apple fitter or Bismark

I voted "they're just OK." I don't dislike them, but at a bakery there'd be at least a dozen other kinds I'd pick before I'd pick a jelly-filled. (And I haven't actually had any doughnuts at all in a really long time.)

My husband is a jelly-filled fan. His favorite-favorite is custard filled, but those aren't available everywhere, so jelly-filled is his back-up choice.

I love jelly donuts, but my favorite is the Boston Creme, closely followed by the maple frosted donut. When we lived in San Francisco, the donut shop on the corner made a creme filled donut stick with maple frosting- most places only use chocolate frosting. That maple custard filled donut was my idea of heaven! When I gave birth to DD (after being 3 weeks late, hit with pitocin for 24 hours, and a forceps-assisted delivery), my sister brought me two creme filled sticks- one with chocolate frosting and one with maple. That girl KNOWS me!!

In case you can't tell, I am extremely fond of almost any donut. I don't buy them as for some reason I have this twisted opinion that they should be purchased- and eaten- by the dozen!!

Love donuts but NOT jelly or cream filled or custard filled - don’t eat filled donuts ever ! Never have cared for them

My specifications for jelly donuts are so well specific that they are hard to find:

Not coated in sugar
Good quality jam or curd
The dough has to have form when cooked and not be filled with air pockets.

Not going to get that at Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme so why bother?
Every once in a while I’ll grab a jelly doughnut just to see if my memories are defective or not but tbh the current ones are generally not worth the calories.

I like them some, never really have jelly filled ones anymore though. Often as a kid. Regular varieties of doughnuts with the holes during the year once in awhile. Paczki on Fat Tuesday.

The jelly filled doughnuts here are called Bismarcks.

Last edited:
Like them but couldn't tell you the last time I had one -- previous century? My doughnut intake is probably one or two per year.

Paczki on Fat Tuesday.
Definitely love Paczki! Those are a must have every year.

I do love filled donuts, but I rarely buy donuts to eat at home. They do need to have a good quality filling, whether jelly or custard. I don’t want some pasty, cloudy, neon-colored jelly with no flavor. I don’t want a thin, runny custard that tastes like paste. When I do take the time, and money, to buy a filled donut, it needs to be top quality.

Do not really eat donuts but if you have the chance pick up some Jeni's jelly donut ice cream. Pretty darn good. She has some other great flavors as well. We get it at Publix but it is pricey at almost $8 a pint. So we only buy it when its on sale

I like a jelly once in awhile. More likely to get a cream. Really loved the lemon filled. Don't see them much. But I only eat maybe 2 or 3 donuts a year. I find plenty of other stuff to keep my body fluffy.

I really dislike jelly donuts. My favorite is a plain glazed or a cream filled. Those would be hard for me to pass up. I rarely eat donuts because I don’t need the extra calories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter