slo’s TUESDAY 3/19 poll - Decorative Mirrors

Decorative Mirrors - Do you like them and how many hang in your home? (m.c.)

• I like them

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • I somewhat like them

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • I don’t like them

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • I have no preference or opinion of them

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • I have none

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I have 1 - 3

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • I have 4 - 6

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I have 7 - 9

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I have 10 or more

• Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
I said 7-9 but it might be more.

This is a favorite story wise. It is hanging in our "family room" but not a family room as normally labeled. This is a sitting room that the walls and furniture are covered with old or vintage or antique photos of the families. I was lucky to be designated as the receiver of so many, even from DH grandmother and mother. Some go to the mid 1850s. I put this mirror in the middle of the main wall and it is surrounded by assortment of frames with photos. Still a work in progress. Kinda that ... look in the mirror and be among your family.

BUT it is special on it's own because it was bought for the cake table at DD wedding. She had seen a version in pictures and we duplicated it on a budget. I bought the mirror for that with intention of it moving to my family wall.

433259635_378744651693973_2213879468443890363_n.jpg

125247509_10158169166239102_2888195334340230666_n_10158169166234102.jpg

Depends!
I have ONE in my LR that I've owned over 30 years and still love. I had one in my BR for a very long time but took it down a few yrs ago and haven't missed it at all. I do not have a mirror attached to a dresser. When I need a good look at .myself, I go into my bathroom.

We sold our condo in AZ last year. It had mirrors everywhere! We bought out family members after my FIL passed, it wasn't a personally choice that we liked this condo enough to outright purchase. A huge mirror in the entry, a huge mirror behind the dining table, a huge mirror in the LR. Don't get me started on the mirrors in the master bathroom! After we started going down there, I think the reason for all of them was to bring more light in as the only windows and patio door faced north into the courtyard. I found I liked the patio window opened at all times or it was too dark! Then I added a mirror over the loveseat in the extra bedroom and I did have a mirror attached to my dresser. Go Figure! LOL

Reactions: slo
I like them but only have a couple. This one in my stairwell is from a fair trade catalog, decorated with candy wrappers I think

Attachments

• IMG_5059.jpeg
    IMG_5059.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 3

We have one in our dining room. We bought it at an antique store, many, many years ago, just the mirror It was a center mirror on a woman's dresser, kind of like below. The wood was pretty bad when we bought it but I refinished and it came out really nice.

No real preference, but I do like it.

1710882912012.png

I like them, but I don't have one. I would only be able to hang it here in my room and I just don't have the wall space.

In general, I like mirrors - they can make a room look so much larger and brighter. However, they show up my receding hair line, so they're kinda my nemesis...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter