slo’s MONDAY poll - Lotion

Applying lotion - Are you good about doing this?

• Yes - I lotion my whole body everyday

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Yes - I lotion my whole body a few times a week

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I’m sorta good - I lotion my whole body a few times a month

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I’m sorta good - I lotion my dry areas

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I’m lazy about this - I lotion my face only

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • I’m lazy about this - I lotion one area of my body only

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I’m terrible about this - I only apply sunscreen

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I’m terrible about this - I apply nothing, but I do own some

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I’m terrible about this - I apply nothing and own nothing

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters
Vanicream for post-shower. A few years ago I began to treat my skin better. I no longer have dry, itchy skin after a shower. They say hot water will strip your skin of oils. affecting the skin barrier.
I shimmer like a Lisa Frank unicorn, because a real man doesn't mind a little rain in his umbrella drink.

I use lotion after showering every day and sometimes twice a day when washing. I rarely do on the face and only on hands if dry or chapped.

I lotion my face daily and my hands as needed. Sometimes I do my legs after shaving. But I don’t consider that lazy, just what I do. Why would I lotion the rest of my body if I don’t feel the need to?

I have very oily skin, and it gets worse if I apply lotion. If I get to an age where my skin becomes dry, I would apply lotion, but for now, it’s sunscreen only.

One plus side of the oily skin is that I look about ten years younger than my actual age.

Any particular "version" of CeraVe? The older I get, the thinner & drier my skin gets. I do use Aveeno Baby daily moisture lotion on my face daily & I love it, my face loves it also, but it really does nothing for the rest of my body. I have sensitive skin & also can't tolerate anything with a scent & don't really want anything sticky.

It's in the tub with a predominantly blue label. I get mine at Costco for the best price. Second in line is Cetaphil moisturizer in the tub. The squeeze lotions of both brands don't cut it for me.

I put other because I avoid all the chemicals in the beauty products they have out now.

If my hands are dry it's plain food quality coconut oil otherwise all my skin gets Dr. Bronner's bar soap, sometimes a face wash with the very happy oatmeal cookie smelling Trader Joe's bar soap mid day ... I'm all kinds of fancy like that ;)

We should do a general skin care poll too. For da face!
r8pwbyxqmfh31.jpg

Hands daily or more (at least in winter). Feet/legs when I notice they need it and it happens to be a good time.

I kinda hate applying lotion and think most lotion is kind of gross. I do moisturize my face nearly daily, but my skin has become so sensitive I have to be careful of what I use.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So what do you use on your face? It seems everything I try irritates my facial skin.

Last edited:
A few times a week, I have enough Bath and Bodyworks stuff to last me a long time. That seems to be everybody's default gift for me :rotfl2:

I use Trader Joe's moisturizer. They have one with SPF and one without, my skin is fine with either of them. I also sometimes use First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. You can use it anywhere on the body and it is the absolute best. I will use it once a week or so on my face for deep moisturizing.

Lubriderm my body after I get out of the shower. My face/neck/decollete ... that is a whole different production with serums and lotions. Yeah, I am high maintenance when it comes to this. :rolleyes1

Hands every once in a while, feet and legs even less than that. I have never used any type of lotion or moisturizer on my face….just soap and astringent. I use spray sunscreen on my shoulders, knees and tops of my feet when I go to the beach (if I remember) but that’s it, I don’t wear sunscreen as part of my daily life or when I go to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter