slo’s MONDAY poll - Lotion

Applying lotion - Are you good about doing this?

• Yes - I lotion my whole body everyday

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Yes - I lotion my whole body a few times a week

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • I’m sorta good - I lotion my whole body a few times a month

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I’m sorta good - I lotion my dry areas

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I’m lazy about this - I lotion my face only

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • I’m lazy about this - I lotion one area of my body only

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I’m terrible about this - I only apply sunscreen

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I’m terrible about this - I apply nothing, but I do own some

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I’m terrible about this - I apply nothing and own nothing

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
We all should be good about applying lotion to our skin - are you?

For Me….,I’m terrible about doing this.
I do put lotion on my face in the morning and at night, but outside of that I can‘t be bothered to lotion anywhere else. I’m not a lazy person, but when it comes to applying lotion I am - I just can’t be bothered with it. I need to make this a New Years resolution one year to get me to start doing it more.

It puts the lotion on its skin.

I goop up my whole body every morning after I shower. Do my face twice a day, after the shower and in the evening when I wash my face when I get home from work. Do the hands several times a day after every couple of washes.

I'm a huge fan of H2O+ products. Love the gel moisturizer for my face and use lots of different flavors of the lotion/body butter that I match up with the body wash. Sea salt of course, grapefruit bergamot and water lily.

Edit - This is a nearly 30 year habit. I started taking better care of my skin in college and I can't stop now. Like when I get a pedicure, the guy never has to use the cheese grater on my feet. I'm always ready for sandals. Soft elbows. No ashy skin on my legs. Life is good.

I kinda hate applying lotion and think most lotion is kind of gross. I do moisturize my face nearly daily, but my skin has become so sensitive I have to be careful of what I use.

I lotion twice a day - hands more than that - the dry skin drives me nuts so I lotion - it’s a pain but I do it - better than itching from dry skin - I drink gallons of water too
FYI - dry skin ages quicker so lotion up !!

I said other. I use a moisturizer on my face morning and night all year round. During the winter I use it several times a day on the dryer area—hands, elbows…otherwise I don’t think I need it.

I only apply when need it . All winter my arms and legs were very dry and I have eczema on my hands. My feet are the worse but don’t keep up with them either. Never put anything on my face just Sunscreen. I don’t wear make up either .

Alway sunscreen in the summer though before going out.

Always see people putting on lotion on tv before bed and think people do that…

Last edited:

I use face lotion morning and night and then just do my legs and arms at night. Hands a lot because they are always dry
But I don't consider that sorta good. It depends on your skin, where you live, the time of year.

I use a somewhat thicker cream rather than lotion on my hands and elbows daily. Occasionally others areas in winter months.

Sort of good at it - there’s a spot in the middle of my back I just cannot reach, no how. :(

In this arid winter climate you need to moisturize very frequently to be comfortable. I’ve got 7 or 8 different body products - I’m on an Aveeno with Oat Extract jag right now for body lotion, Aloe Miracle for feet and there are tubes of different hand creams all over this place and in my purse and at my office. I also use Vaseline on my eyes and in my nostrils at night. That’s all in addition to my regular facial routine that includes Bio Oil and a rich face cream daily.

Why should we all be better about it? I disagree with the premise.
I do use lotion on dry areas as needed. I also don't bathe every day in the winter because it makes my skin too dry.
In the summer I don't usually need lotion - the air is humid enough that my skin doesn't get dry.
I can imagine locations where I wouldn't really ever need to use lotion, I just don't currently live in one.

Why should we all be better about it? I disagree with the premise.
I do use lotion on dry areas as needed. I also don't bathe every day in the winter because it makes my skin too dry.
In the summer I don't usually need lotion - the air is humid enough that my skin doesn't get dry.
I can imagine locations where I wouldn't really ever need to use lotion, I just don't currently live in one.
:teeth: Yes, just so. Every time I take a tropical vacation I can just feel my dry, shrivelled self absorbing all the beautiful humidity and I can feel myself start to dehydrate again on the plane home.

If you had seriously dry skin that actually "hurt" you would never pass on lotioning up your body. That's me. Really, really dry skin from head to toe. I use CeraVe cream (the thick stuff in the tub) after every shower. If I don't do that, I start getting seriously ashy and itchy and my skin gets really tender.

If you've got a choice to skip it and that doesn't bother you, be thankful.

I use body cream on my legs and arms, mostly just in the winter months, almost daily. Hand cream 2-3 times a day also. Mostly Beekman 1802 products.

I picked Other because I don't like lotion. At all. I *hate* the way it feels on my hands especially, even the kind that is supposed to be 'non-greasy' or the kind that 'sinks into your skin.' I always have an insurmountable urge to wash my hands. The only lotion-y type stuff I will tolerate is Bag Balm, which I rub on the skin around my knuckles where use of hand sanitizer has cracked the skin.

If you had seriously dry skin that actually "hurt" you would never pass on lotioning up your body. That's me. Really, really dry skin from head to toe. I use CeraVe cream (the thick stuff in the tub) after every shower. If I don't do that, I start getting seriously ashy and itchy and my skin gets really tender.

If you've got a choice to skip it and that doesn't bother you, be thankful.
Any particular "version" of CeraVe? The older I get, the thinner & drier my skin gets. I do use Aveeno Baby daily moisture lotion on my face daily & I love it, my face loves it also, but it really does nothing for the rest of my body. I have sensitive skin & also can't tolerate anything with a scent & don't really want anything sticky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter