• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s FRIDAY poll - Milkshakes

Milkshakes - Do you drink them & what kind? (Multiple choice)

• Yes - often

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Yes - Sometimes

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Yes - Rarely

Votes: 67 64.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 42 40.4%
  • Vanilla

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Specialty (like Oreo or chocolate chip) - please post what

Votes: 28 26.9%
  • I’ve never tried a milkshake

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 3.8%

• Total voters
I get a chocolate shake from McDonalds about once a year. Years and years ago we had a Haagen Dazs (sp?) ice cream store near where we lived. I’d go there with my dh pretty often. The chocolate shakes were delicious.

We have milkshakes often -- always chocolate -- and especially when my husband makes them. His are the best ever.

Rarely, but if I want one, I do get it. Chocolate with chocolate ice cream! No Black and white milkshakes for me!

I have had and absolutely loved a Chick-fil-A’s peppermint Chip milkshake. Only one but may just have another one before they are gone!

Last edited:

I don't get them often. Too many WW points. But when I do, either peppermint chocolate chip from CFA, or caramel at DQ or a local place - the Real McCoy.

I make a lot of them at home. I have the Dash Ice Cream maker, so I can easily make homemade ice cream. I love Steak and Shake. We go a couple times a year, so I will indulge in one of their fancy ones.

Love them, but don’t indulge often—maybe a few times a year and usually chocolate. Sonic does a hot fudge one that is good too.

Love them. Really really love them. Ice cream is probably my very fave thing. But rarely have them due to fat content. I like chocolate, vanilla and banana most. Thick (hate when not made propper and they are liquidy). With whipped cream. Don't like crunchy stuff in shakes like chopped candy bars and whatnot (which freeze and are hard bits). Do like alcohol shakes too. Like coffee shakes.

Used to love to get the Jamocha shake at Arby's and banana shake at Checker's. They were soooo good but last time I got those they changed them and they were icky.

Also got an alcohol shake at D-Luxe burger at Disney Springs once. It was all liquid like milk. Barfy when it is boozy. I took it back to them and they told me there was no way to have it frozen because of the booze in it (it melts it). Recently I go another boozy shake somewhere (think at Charbar in Hilton Head) and it was thick and frozen perfect.

Last edited:
Sometimes. Probably because we have a milkshake mixer from the 50s that we break out a few times a year. Technically they're malteds. I love malted milk.

I only do it on vacation, and I don’t usually drink it with a meal. I would rather enjoy it on its own. Last one I had was the lemon one at Chick Fil A several months ago, but chocolate is my usual choice.

I grew up in New England drinking frappes, which are milkshakes (milk and syrup) with ice cream in them- basically what the rest of the universe calls a milkshake. I love them but don't drink them; post bariatric surgery, there is no way I could handle the volume or sweetness. I am good for about 2 sips and then done. There's no way I'd waste what little shake goodness I can get from a McD's or Wendy's shake; it's gotta be from a "homemade" ice cream stand or I'll skip it all together!!

Haven't had a milkshake in a long time, but I made a Chocolate-PB smoothie with unsweetened coconut milk, powdered PB, chocolate protein powder, 1T cocoa, and a couple pieces of frozen banana. OMG... unbelievable, like drinking a Reeses PB cup.

One or two a year, at home. Usually chocolate, chocolate malt, strawberry, or coffee flavored.

I personally never ORDER a milkshake, but my husband and grandson get them and bring them home sometimes. My GS usually doesn't finish his and I steal a spoonful here and there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter