Slice of SIn........

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
The board I got this on had about 8 messages saying how good it was.

SLICES OF SIN (serves 10-12)
8 oz semisweet chocolate (use a good brand)
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
2 sticks butter, (1/2 lb)
1 cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 350°. Line a glass loaf pan w/foil; butter the foil. In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the coffee. Add the butter &
sugar, stirrin guntil the butter is melted. Cool the mixture for 10 minutes. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time. Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Bake until a crust forms on top, approximately 35-45 minutes. Let cool slightly then set the loaf pan in enough cool water to come halfway up the
pan. The dessert wil rise & fall as it cools. When cool, wrap the pan well & refrigerate for at least 2 days or up to 2 weeks. When ready to serve,
beat the cream until stiff (can flavor with 2-3 tsp brandy, but I just used vanilla & a little sugar). Unmold the loaf & slice. Garnish w/cream.

Chocolate, coffee, sugar, cream... what could be bad?

Sounds good to me. It's going into my files.

I'm thinking of making this one to bring to relatives for dinner. It does sound yum-dilly-icous.

I am soooo glad I don't like coffee! :D That would be way too tempting.

Kermit - don't let not liking coffee stop you from trying this one. Usually coffee in chocolate recipes just helps bring out the full chocolate flavor. You would be surprized the number of really chocolatey recipes that have some coffee or espresso in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter