Sleepy hollow savory waffle fail

Foxxysmrftt

Earning My Ears
My DFI and I got oureally annual passes last year and have been obsessed ever since. I've been ti disney several times in my life but he hadn't and I turned him on to it during food and wine and he was hooked. Despite my drunk and disorderly conduct. Needless to say we really enjoy the food. Until I had my first bad experience. I had eyed the waffles at the sleepy hollow counter serve previously and the ham, Swiss, and prosciutto sounds amazing. I pictured a warm waffle with meltyou cheese and delicious warm pig. Finally we went and what I got was a cold cut sandwich with excessive mayo and some wilted sorry lettuce and tomatoes and soggy waffle. I saw someone with the sweet and spicy chicken one and it looked delIshmael and I'm sure the waffle with the fruit and Nutella is amazing but whatever u do do not get the ham something something. It was just bad. Next time I'll just go to Caseys corner for a delicious polish sausage yum!

I had the same waffle in June. Was not impressed either. The swiss/ham/prosciutto combo didn't work for me. Agreed on too much mayo and soggy waffle. I won't be getting it again but I do want to try the sweet and spicy chicken!

Had the chicken on in June was great, DS had ham/prosciutto looked like a mess and he wasn't impressed with it either.

Same bad experience last Fall. The ham/prosciutto and swiss was terrible. I threw half of it out. Soggy, no taste and under cooked waffle. Should have gone with the savoury chicken or the sweet nutella/fruit. The rave reviews for the chicken are legion and legend. Now I know better for next time.

I had the same experience in June and I was so looking forward to it. My "mayo" had the consistency of thick cream cheese, without the wonderful flavor cream cheese would have added. In fact, I didn't even realize that was mayo until right now. I only took a few bites and threw out the rest. :sad:

Aw, too bad for the bad experience! I loved that savory waffle and have tried to recreate it at home (no luck, though). Everything was very fresh on mine.
My son got the nutella waffle and it was also delicious!

Sorry you had such a bad experience with it. I'm a massive prosciutto fan, and even I wasn't a big fan of this waffle. Our arugula wasn't wilted, but prosciutto and swiss just isn't a good combination. Hopefully it didn't completely set you off though, because that spicy chicken waffle is something to be hold.

My DFI and I got oureally annual passes last year and have been obsessed ever since. I've been ti disney several times in my life but he hadn't and I turned him on to it during food and wine and he was hooked. Despite my drunk and disorderly conduct. Needless to say we really enjoy the food. Until I had my first bad experience. I had eyed the waffles at the sleepy hollow counter serve previously and the ham, Swiss, and prosciutto sounds amazing. I pictured a warm waffle with meltyou cheese and delicious warm pig. Finally we went and what I got was a cold cut sandwich with excessive mayo and some wilted sorry lettuce and tomatoes and soggy waffle. I saw someone with the sweet and spicy chicken one and it looked delIshmael and I'm sure the waffle with the fruit and Nutella is amazing but whatever u do do not get the ham something something. It was just bad. Next time I'll just go to Caseys corner for a delicious polish sausage yum!

Ive had each that you had mentioned. The spicy chicken is a very good play on the whole chicken and waffles. The Fruit/Nutella is soooo good! Especially went the nutella gets all nice and melted. It can get messy, but very good.

As for the prosciutto/ham/Swiss one - and I've said this in another thread before.... They TRULY went down a wrong avenue. First off, there is no need for redundancy with the Prosciutto and Ham. Leave out the regular boiled ham - I can do without! The Swiss cheese - not my first cheese I would've used on this. They could've done maybe a nice fresh mozz or even a sliced mozz. And the mayo you refer to is, I believe (I may be mistaken) is a chive sour cream. TOTALLY UNNECESSARY! This sandwich could've had a nice Balsamic Reduction drizzled over it.

To recap for those who dont want to read my rant LOL - change the Waffle sandwich to Prosciutto, Sliced/Fresh Mozzarella, Lettuce, Tomato and Balsamic Reduction!

My mouth is drooling now .... end rant!

I like the chicken and nutella. A friend got the prosciutto one once and I have never seen so much mayonnaise in one place outside a jar.

DelIshmael is going to be a saying from now on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter