Sleeping 4 in a Stateroom

We sailed on the Wonder as a group of 4 adults in one room and had a great time! We had a sofa/twin bed with a pull down bunk above it and 2 slept in the regular bed. It was a little cozy with our luggage (one of our group packed 2 suitcases but only used half of it lol), but we weren't in it for that long anyway with all of the neat stuff to do. To be honest, I think we spent more time walking the stairs to all the things we wanted to do than we did sleeping in our room. :lmao: I second the having a split bath! It is so nice to be able to use the two sinks at the same time-two mirrors with three girls getting ready and gussied up for dinner was a huge help :) You'll have a great time!!

The point is to price out for the cost of two staterooms - sometimes it's not much more than four in a room - sometimes it's double. Depends on a lot of factors. Check it out!

Unless you drop down in categories, it is never going to be cheaper to get two cabins than one. If you book one adult and one child in each cabin, each child is charges as an adult. If you book 2 adults and 2 children in one cabin, usually the children are much cheaper, often just a little more than the price of the port taxes.

As someone else said, if you go down to cat 11 from cat 9, it might be close in price, but I'd rather have the balcony or window.

Nancy

Unless you drop down in categories, it is never going to be cheaper to get two cabins than one. If you book one adult and one child in each cabin, each child is charges as an adult. If you book 2 adults and 2 children in one cabin, usually the children are much cheaper, often just a little more than the price of the port taxes.

As someone else said, if you go down to cat 11 from cat 9, it might be close in price, but I'd rather have the balcony or window.

Nancy

Well, as I said in my case it was cheaper to get 2 cabins than one, but my children are 14 & 17 so already priced as adults, and I was taking into account the on-board credit from booking on-board. And I don't consider moving from 11a to 11b a real drop down in categories - especially when I'm fine with the 11b locations, but it wasn't available for 4 people, so would be forced to upgrade to 11a. I think there are some 11b's that sleep 4, but must not have been any left on the cruise I was looking at.

The point I was trying to make was for everyone to actually price it out because they might be surprised and pleased like I was. :goodvibes I know some would rather have the balcony or window, but I'd rather have double the space and bathrooms because even when I've had a balcony I spent very little time there and enjoyed the public areas on the ship much more. I was somewhat afraid that I wouldn't want to go back to interior after having a verandah, but found that it was no problem to give it up (& be able to have separate cabins and take multiple cruises instead!).

Nancy

Give me two bathrooms over a window or balcony any day...different priorities.

Well, as I said in my case it was cheaper to get 2 cabins than one, but my children are 14 & 17 so already priced as adults, and I was taking into account the on-board credit from booking on-board. ...

I'm not doubting you got a good/better price...especially considering you are taking into account 2 OBCs and the 10% discount.

However, to clarify for newbies reading this...your 14 and 17 yr olds are not full price if booked into the same stateroom with 2 parents/adults. Regardless of age, anyone who is 3rd (4th or 5th) passenger in a stateroom is less expensive than the first 2 passengers, though children have a greater reduction than teens or adults.

Thanks for the reminder for people to price out all options, it is sometimes surprising what one might find!

My family of four did an 8 night in an inside stateroom on deck 1 and we were fine, not cramped at all. We weren't even in the room that much so for us a second room would have been wasted space that we paid for and never used. We didn't hesitate at all to book two more cruises with all four of us in one room.

However, to clarify for newbies reading this...your 14 and 17 yr olds are not full price if booked into the same stateroom with 2 parents/adults. Regardless of age, anyone who is 3rd (4th or 5th) passenger in a stateroom is less expensive than the first 2 passengers, though children have a greater reduction than teens or adults.

Thanks for the reminder for people to price out all options, it is sometimes surprising what one might find!

I think I finally see the misunderstanding! :goodvibes

Disney prices children age 13 & older the same as adults when you're adding them as the 3rd, 4th, or 5th passenger in a cabin. (I consider my kids as children until they go away to college, and the youngest was 13 on our first cruise, so I've never cruised with small children.) While this is less than the 1st and 2nd passengers, the price for my teenagers has been the same as the price for adults. That's what I meant about my kids already being priced as adults even if they were in the same cabin with me.

And the price difference for my cruise & cabin category between the 2nd & 3rd passenger is only $72 because it's the interior cabin price for the 1st & 2nd. The 3rd & 4th passenger price stays the same (or almost the same) for the different categories, so the price difference increases very quickly as you work your way up throught the cabin categories.

I hope this clarifies and might be useful to some others reading this!

For sure, I hope it encourages someone who was putting 4 people in an inside cabin to price out splitting those same 4 people into 2 separate cabins - that's where the benefit really comes in! :thumbsup2 But only if you don't require connecting cabins - if the children are young enough that you'd require connecting cabins, you'd have to go up in category where the price increase gets greater - or you'd have to split parents into 2 cabins with the kids which isn't preferred by most, I'd think.

The 4th person will sleep on a drop-down bunk that comes out of the ceiling over the sofa. The couch is not a standard "pullout sofa bed" but rather the back folds down to convert it to a regular twin-sized bed. It is not a flimsy sofa-bed mattress.

Enjoy your cruise!

Lanejudy is correct. We were in an outside deluxe stateroom, Deck 2, on the Wonder on our Alaska trip this past August. My husband and I slept in the bed, and my girls (ages 11 and 8) slept in the twin beds. They alternated between the top and bottom bunks each night. There's a removable ladder that provides access to the top bunk -- it's normally stored in the closet area of the room, but our stateroom host ended up storing it somewhere else late in the week (our closet was pretty packed!) and just bringing it in at night when he converted the room from day to night configuration. There is a curtain that you can pull across the room between the bunk beds and the main bed for privacy.

We didn't have a problem at all with space on our cruise as a family of four. The split bathroom provided my preteen with the privacy she needed (e.g., for changing) while still giving the rest of us access to the toilet and sink. We used the open area under the bed for storage of some of our luggage (keep in mind that big duffel bags don't fit well, but regular suitcases should be OK as long as they are not extra wide), and were able to fit clothes and other items in the closet/cabinets in the room.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter