• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sleeper Sofas?

Jalva22

DIS Veteran
We are planning on a June 2015 trip and I'm weighing the costs of renting DVC points this time. We would be renting a studio or 1 bedroom. My question regards the comfort level of the sleeper sofas as we will be staying 8 nights. Just wondering what the opinions are among DVC members on that. Also, are there any DVC resorts that offer two double beds in a 1 bedroom?

Thanks!

The sleeper sofa is full sized in a studio and queen sized in a 1BR.

In general the DVC sleeper sofas are much nicer than the average sleeper sofa (no middle bar)

OKW studios have 2 real queen beds, and no sofa.

OKW, BLT, and AKV (except value) 1BR have a sleeper sofa and a sleeper chair for sleeping 5

VWL studios and VGF 1BR and Studios (I think) have a small, sideways Murphy bed in addition to pull outs.

My honest opinion and to quote Will Rogers [sort of]. . . I never met a sleeper sofa I did like. ;)

My DS14 was complaining about the sofa bed at AKV on our recent May trip so I offered to sleep in it myself one night. Geez - I hated it, too. I don't think that the quality is bad at all, but I much prefer a real bed. And apparently, my son takes after me. :goodvibes

There are no 1BRs with two beds. All have the king in the bedroom and sleeper couch in living room. AKV Kidani and BLT also have a pull-out sleeper chair, and VGF a Murphy pull-down bed.

The pull out couches are better than you usually find in far to many hotels that have pull out couches but they vary in confort and the ones at AKV are very firm and difficult to sleep on if you have any back issues. We have not found others to be as firm as the ones at AKV. We have found the ones at BWV and BLT to be adequate but still nohong like a real bed.

There are no 1BRs with two beds. All have the king in the bedroom and sleeper couch in living room. AKV Kidani and BLT also have a pull-out sleeper chair, and VGF a Murphy pull-down bed.

The pull out couches are better than you usually find in far to many hotels that have pull out couches but they vary in confort and the ones at AKV are very firm and difficult to sleep on if you have any back issues. We have not found others to be as firm as the ones at AKV. We have found the ones at BWV and BLT to be adequate but still nohong like a real bed.

I suppose, from the ole OKW days, you could request mouse keeping bring you an egg crate topper. (I believe the OKW rennivation resulted in a matress replacement like the nice pillow top queens in the studios)

(On a firmness scale you used to have: pillow top matress, sofa bed, concrete slab, granite countertop, then old OKW king bed). :P

PLEASANTLY surprised about comfort of sleeper sofa at Aulani in studio portion of 2 BR lockoff...My sons are VERY PICKY and they thought that it was VERY COMFORTABLE!:thumbsup2

Good Luck!:cool1:

We just got back from 10 nights at the Treehouses, and my burly Thing 2 slept on the sofa the whole time. He didn't have any problems at all (and he has a bad back, so that's saying something), and complained more about the adults waking him up making coffee than he ever did about the bed itself.

The sleeper sofa in the one bedroom at BWV was SO bad we switched resorts!
Picture proof, LOL! The head, or foot depending on how you laid on it, was 8 inches lower than the other end. WAY to short for anyone over 5'6. Awful!

We switched to OKW for the queen size bed in a two bedroom and paid the extra. Worth every penny

That said...the sleeper sofa at BLT was great.

Sleep sofa at SSR was like a stone. Like sleeping on an ironing board. The sleeper sofa in AKV-Kidani wasn't nearly as bad. The sleeper chair at Kidani was quite comfy!

Some of the sofa beds are newer and don't have bars. The ones at BLT are like this and not bad.
Are you planning on having an adult or child sleep there?

Every sleeper sofa I slept on was surprisingly comfortable. No bars. I usually sleep on the one in the one bedroom with my 3year old and hubby takes the king with the 4 year old. The pull outs are "made for disney" and are unlike any others I have ever slept on.

(On a firmness scale you used to have: pillow top matress, sofa bed, concrete slab, granite countertop, then old OKW king bed). :P

Sounds heavenly. Every bed I've been in at DVC is me sleeping in one ditch while my husband sleeps in his own ditch next to me. But we both like a mattress that is on the "granite countertop" scale - and definately don't want anything that has an indentation from previous guests.

And the sofa beds - my kids sleep on them - sometimes. I wouldn't, nor would I stick an adult guest that didn't "invite themselves along" out there. (If you invite yourself along, you get the pull out and I HOPE it still has the metal bar).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter