sleep/resting in parks..

scojos

<font color=peach>I want to be Tinkerbell and fly
i have fibromyalgia and will be travelling with a hfasd 13yrold....
what experience to people have of resting in the parks, will 1st aid provide with a quiet room for an hour or so so you can rest? do they have proper beds (hospital bed style not 4 poster lmao) or do they just have chairs?? i remember taking my son following a meltdown at HS to 1st aid. and then he developed a head ache so they let us stay for 30mins or so but that was years ago and i havent used them since then....

thank you for any info!!
tracy

Yes, all the theme parks have a First Aid station where you could lie down for an hour or so.
The rooms are quiet, fairly cool and dim. Some of the parks have private rooms, like this picture from the Studio and some have cubicles. They all have fairly similar cots. They are not actual beds, but comfortable for resting.
2590PA150516.JPG

You check in at the desk and let them know your name and what you need.

That looks like an examination room - they let people take naps in there? I'd think they'd need them for first aid? Or do they have more than one at each station?

They have more than one room at each station - some are bigger than others - I think Epcot has several beds, we ALL took a nap there!

- but we had no trouble finding a place for Lauren to rest at every park, every day - even during Spring Break crowd levels.

They also usually have one higher bed, if you need to transfer someone to change clothes - it is easier for us with a high bed and we didn't know to ask for it until the 2nd trip - that was really helpful!

That looks like an examination room - they let people take naps in there? I'd think they'd need them for first aid? Or do they have more than one at each station?
That's one I took pictures of. Some actually have more typical exam room tables and don't have cots like this one.
Some have just a cot and a bed.

As maroo mentioned, there are multiple rooms, not just one. So, they have enough for exams and for people who need to rest.
My DD has used those rooms when she needed to rest after a seizure and also when she needed to lie down to stretch.

If u have fibromyalgia u may have a lot of body aches too.
Those cots are super hard and uncomfortable. I needed to take a break when I got sick one visit.
Just keep that in mind. If your staying on site your might get a better rest in your room.

There are rooms for exams, and also almost a "barracks style" area with multiple cots (good if more than one person needs to lay down) with curtains and such.

I have definitely slept in there (MK), as well as both the DL and old DCA first aid. In fact, the nurses recognize me (I sometimes use the accessible restroom there when it is an emergency and I cannot wait) and one of them works at the local hospital I am constantly at. They are very very nice and get you water and blankets and stuff and really, unless you are making noise, don't kick you out.

First Aid has been a tremendous help to me, I have fibro too, so please make use of them if you need it.

I can speak for the first aid station at Epcot; they had a private exam room that I used to do my dialysis fill when we were there. It was set up perfectly for my needs even down to having an I'VE pole I could use to hang my bag. Outside the room there were several cubicles that had beds in them. It looked like you could lie down there for a bit if needed. When I was there they had the lights in the cubicle area turned down.

The first aid stations are savior when they are needed! You could try my dads old plan. Just grab some ZZZZ's on a bench while the family's shopping! :)

The last time we were at WDW, DH had just been released from the hospital with a heart ailment. He was easily fatigued but stable. He just needed a lot of rest. We rented him an ECV for getting around and he went to First Aid a time or two to lie down for 20 min. Some days he just had to go back to the room and stretch out for 2-3 hours to recover.

We have also used First Aid for pottying Christian, my mentally handicapped & autistic son. He doesn't do well in public restrooms because of all the noise and activity. He doesn't melt down, he just can't concentrate on his business. First Aid has private restrooms. They also let me use one of their beds for changing his Depends when he had an accident. He was about 14yo, a big strapping teenager back then so cleaning him up in a public restroom requires some serious contortions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter